It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to strike North Korea if 3rd nuclear test occurs..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The commander of the U.S. Pacific Command says the U.S. may launch a surgical strike against missile bases and nuclear test sites in North Korea if it conducts a third nuclear test.

world.kbs.co.kr...

I don't ever recall US Commanders stating it may directly attack North Korea ever? Threats have been made by SK and Japan towards shooting down North Korean missiles if they invade airspace but not US saying they'll target NJ sites if this or that.

Maybe I'm wrong?
edit on 18-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Link fail.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Dude, your link brings me to this:

Mike and Ike announce split in cheeky ad campaign

The Mike and Ike split was announced on the brand's Facebook page on April 2. The candy has added more than 200,000 Facebook fans since then, to about 650,000, thanks in part to media reports about what some call Mike and Ike's gay "divorce." Whatever the pair's relationship, The Morning Call of Allentown, in the company's backyard, noted Friday that such a marriage couldn't take place in Pennsylvania, which does not have same-sex unions.

Just letting you know.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
uuummmm...your link goes to supposed Mike and Ike splitting up?? hehehehe...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The commander of the U.S. Pacific Command says the U.S. may launch a surgical strike against missile bases and nuclear test sites in North Korea if it conducts a third nuclear test.

www.canadianbusiness.com...

I don't ever recall US Commanders stating it may directly attack North Korea ever? Threats have been made by SK and Japan towards shooting down North Korean missiles if they invade airspace but not US saying they'll target NJ sites if this or that.

Maybe I'm wrong?

The US would be the first to do it. Why would they let anyone steal their glory?

Besides, they are just waiting with fingers on buttons as always but China would spank them hard if they got even close to their borders.

All huff and no puff IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Is America going ballistic lately? Lets just start a war every few months because we're in control. The world and the people of the United States need to demand peace and an end to all this saber rattling, occupations and wars.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
From the Korean Broadcasting System.

Same old propaganda to get n Korea to back down. The us will not strike NK....not a chance in hell.

edit on 18-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I was able to dig this up, seeing as how your link failed.

US Pacfic Commander Says All Options Open Regarding Surgical Strike on N. Korean Nuclear Site

Source

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Is America going ballistic lately? Lets just start a war every few months because we're in control. The world and the people of the United States need to demand peace and an end to all this saber rattling, occupations and wars.

I think the US is going to hang themselves very soon and the World is just waiting until enough rope is rolled out.

They won't last much longer and unfortunately they will drag millions (Billions?) of innocent people to the grave with them.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is just another Rattling the Sabre event.

The elite Live Off Fear.

Ignore this rumour and move along.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Maybe, but North Korea is a very real, very legitimate concern. The reasons for being in the middle east and other locations may be suspect, but NK is an evil place. The entire country is enslaved and faces brutality and horrible living conditions. NK needs to be brought under control, and an attempt at doing so would actually be a positive thing for the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Not sure what happened with your link, but I did some searching and found these articles.

North Korea vows retaliation over rocket

North Korea has warned of retaliation after the US scrapped food aid over its rocket launch, raising fears of a new nuclear test, as China reportedly suspended a refugee deal with its wayward ally.

U.S. looking at "all options" on North Korea as nuclear test looms

SEOUL (Reuters) - The United States is looking at "all options" as it seeks to discourage North Korea from conducting a third nuclear test, a senior U.S. military officer said on Tuesday, days after a failed long-range rocket launch by the North that drew international condemnation.

Commander of U.S. Pacific Command Admiral Samuel Locklear said Washington had a range of options to consider in response to any further provocation by the North.

"I don't think it would be appropriate to comment on how we would pursue any future military operation, but I can tell you that with the alliance, that we are continually looking at all options," he said when asked whether a surgical strike on the North's nuclear test site was being considered

From the articles Ive found, it seems that everything is being considered, but nothing is concrete yet

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This threat by the U.S. Is as fake as Raelynn's accent on "The Voice".

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
US is broke

all it has is - the Military it put all its borrowed and citizens tax dollars into

and the ability to Draft the population and sacrifice it out

thats the only thing America has left going for it - fearmongering and warmongering, some 8,500 nukes collecting dust!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
US is broke

all it has is - the Military it put all its borrowed and citizens tax dollars into

and the ability to Draft the population and sacrifice it out

thats the only thing America has left going for it - fearmongering and warmongering, some 8,500 nukes collecting dust!

Yes, but don't forget we were built as a nation on fear mongering and warmongering. It's gotten us to be the worlds number one superpower....albeit a now broke superpower.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Maybe, but North Korea is a very real, very legitimate concern. The reasons for being in the middle east and other locations may be suspect, but NK is an evil place. The entire country is enslaved and faces brutality and horrible living conditions. NK needs to be brought under control, and an attempt at doing so would actually be a positive thing for the world.

Granted that NK is supposedly an evil place, but who decides that it "needs to be brought under control"?? The US could also be considered as being an "evil place"...with all that "we" do around the world...
edit on 18-4-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
NOT THE U.S's problem let them be stop saying oh theyll do this or that..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
NOT THE U.S's problem let them be stop saying oh theyll do this or that..

Not our problem? Then whose "problem" are they?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If there was one place on earth where a surgical strike may be in order , this may be it. It would need to be approved by China tho behind scenes . I may be wrong but it seems to me it would work however I have no clue as to the NK military system but ya chop off its stubborn dumb head if at all possible.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

No offense OP, but your headline is misleading. Saying they WILL strike is different than MIGHT strike

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join