It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) backs off plan to vote on budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
U.S. Senator Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) backs off plan to vote on budget
By Erik Wasson - 04/17/12 04:39 PM ET -- The Hill

Senator Conrad is the Senate Budget Committee Chairman.

I guess he knows what's best.

Most Senate Democrats were "pressuring" the poor guy to hold off.

Some good reasons too. Like maybe they Don't know what to spend money on yet

He says they ain't ready and won't be until After the elections !!

Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) bowed to pressure from fellow Democrats on Tuesday and postponed a committee vote on a 2013 budget resolution, most likely until after the November elections.

Conrad on Wednesday will begin a committee markup of a resolution based on the Bowles-Simpson deficit recommendations, but told reporters there is no date scheduled on which the markup vote would occur.
Where's Harry when we need him ? (He's been too quiet lately)

the "wisdom" behind the salt shaker:

“This is the wrong time to vote in committee; this is the wrong time to vote on the floor,” he said. “I don’t think we will be prepared to vote before the election.”

He said the decision would disappoint some Democrats who craved a budget plan to rally around and some Republicans who longed for a plan to attack.
More like some democrats are "craving" to rally around new lobbying kickback plans

Tick..Tick..Tick

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My take on this, Easy Street aint as easy as they thought it was anymore. They've been measured by the Citizens finally, and It won't be another Neo-Conservative two-party chameleon in office Next Term.

-FIN

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Doesn't this indicate that the 2013 budget, if passed, will characterize the democrats as the spenders they are, which may hurt Barry's chance for re-election?

That's what it says to me, especially the "bowed to pressure from fellow Democrats" part.

"Pssst. Kent. Kent! Stop. No, just stop it! KENT!!!!!"

join