It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some type of help. Seriously.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I walk around everyday listening to these mindless zombies in the hallway talk about what was on tv last night, their GPA, their boyfriends and girlfriends, and the weather

You want help? Then stop right here and look at yourself Oswald. You seem to me more to be bragging about yourself than truly asking for help.
So tell me, when the replies you receive in this thread don't match up with your preset, adolescent concepts of what is helpful, will the repliers be cast out of your little kingdom of the superior people.
At seventeen, or whatever, it can be fatal to adopt this perspective. Stop right now.
You're old enough to recognize the embryo of elitism.

That's the help I can send your way.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.namastecafe.com...

This might be a shot in the dark but I too have and still feel this way in life and when I was in school. I ended up leaving school before I could finish. But don't do that! Please don't! I never felt that teachers and other peers understood what I was interested in . I feel smart but not school smart. Take a look at the link and I'm not trying to push ideas on you... but it took a good 20 years for me to try and understand why others don't understand me. You'll do fine.. I promise... keep your smarts about you and just trudge along through school. In the grand scheme of things .. a few more years of school isn't much and then you will see that in that time things are changing for you. Just keep your wits. You sound smart and good luck

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom

Congratulations, you have figured out the secret of (adult) life. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's not too bad though, grab a soda and some popcorn and settle in, it's going to be a long ride. May I suggest you find a hobby or two, so you can keep your sanity over the long haul.

Sorry to sound rude but this is not great encourement or info this kid may need. School sucked for me too and I have 4 kids in this institution right now but what can we all do about it? We must march on like good lil tax payers

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ha! I was in yr same predicament when I dropped out of high-school as a junior and received a general education diploma - oh my parents were pissed, but I soon moved away. I was fed up with this system, but couldn't quite pin-down the reasons why I felt that the system was so inherently unnatural, or antithetical to the pursuit of human essence. So, I did what most drop-outs do, and began working full-time at some sh*tty job. After too many years of busting my ass for terrible wages, being 'subordinate' to very stupid people that somehow managed to acquire a position of authority, and wishing for nothing more than to be relieved from the burden of wage-slavery - I up and split from the labor-force, and deciding to devote my energies to intellectual endeavors at University (I will always love you, John). In such an environment, one's atypical discontent with the status quo and utilization of the faculty of judgment often serve as some of the most rewarding characteristics with respect to one's grasp of any number of disciplines (especially philosophy, political science & sociology). One's uniqueness is valued, there is no pressure to conform, and being a tool only serves to ostracize one from other equipped individuals that share similar thoughts and feelings.

SO . . . say 'f*ck it' and do your own thing; however, there is no need to be overtly critical of one's peers such that one begins obsessing over their weak behavior, thus constituting an unnecessary drain on one's own energies (and it makes a person very unlikely to get laid if he is always pissed off and critical of others) - but don't ever lose your spirit of discontent! So many people throw that away in return for watching the television over a case of beer, night after night. Instead, one can learn to harness, and then utilize the spirit of rebellion in ways that actually serve humanity to make the world much more enjoyable for everyone.

Aside from that, music has always helped me escape, or see myself through times when life feels pointless and rotten. The Mars Volta (actually, almost anything At The Drive In or Sparta has done) seems to do the trick for me. . . really, anything hardcore. Damn . . . now I want to make a mix-tape.

Many kisses and best wishes to you, my friend
-kissy
XoXO
edit on 18-4-2012 by kissy princess because: alas, I misplaced a comma

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Ha, sounds like me a year ago. High school was boring; I went from a solid A, B student freshman year, started hanging out with the stereotypical "wrong" crowd, and never applied myself in school from that point on. According to state law I was technically ineligible to pass junior year, and barely graduated senior year, thanks to a delayed e-mail with my essay. However, my teachers knew of my intellectual capabilities and how I wasn't applying myself. For some reason, all of my teachers agreed to give me the benefit of the doubt and gave me a passing grade.

I was really depressed in my time during high school... Somewhat like you, I found it difficult socializing with people that talked about the same stuff over and over again, but I managed to still be successful in small chat. I tried to keep conversations short and sweet, but I also put undue pressure on myself to "impress" others.

Everything was bland, everything was mundane. And just like you, I was a magnet for rumors, because of my terrible grades, and various other reasons. One thing that helped me was talking to the school psychologist, and I recommend you do the same. It helps having someone to talk to someone that won't judge, someone that you can unload on, and someone that is legally required to keep your conversations private and confidential. God's always listening too.

Just seems that you are very bored with life in general. Sorry if I haven't provided you the answer you are looking for as I am still trying to figure out my purpose in life. I've only been out of school for a year, so i can sort of relate. If you want someone to talk to, just PM me.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is no way out, just grit your teeth and make the most of it. Use the system to your advantage and do things that make you happy. Take the time to mix up your activities and try different things. Don't fixate on the things you cannot change, do the best you can in the things you can change. Becoming an adult will bring you many more freedoms, but also more responsibilities. With age comes wisdom and life experience - these tools will serve you well when you wish to answer the questions that have been bugging you since you were young.

It sounds like you might be suffering from a mood disorder, such as depression. If these feelings remain and begin to interfere with your daily activities, consult a mental health care professional. Regardless, know that you are not alone in your feelings and many of us can relate.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Figure out why your grades are bad -- do what you have to to fix that. Get your degrees. If you can, get a degree in engineering, learn Spanish or Portuguese. Then move to Brazil or one of the other booming economies. Infrastructure has to be built things need to be done. Money has not stagnated to the top. These are societies that can use people with an education particularly if you can turn knowledge into something tangible.

This is what my relatives did as they moved across the west in the 1800s. It made strong interesting people out of them.

If I had it to do over again that is what I would have do. It takes a lot of courage to strike out emigrate to another country - it takes and openness to change. But if you are looking for an adventure -- there is still adventure to be found.

I was lucky -- I raced cars throught he seventies and when I was 29 I circumnavigated the US in my own 100 hp airplane. I know that I could not have done that as a kid now. But back then the population was half what it is today and things were booming it was not difficult to get a really good job with any kind of degree. Things are different here now but there are places in the world that are playing catch up - that's where I would head to.
edit on 18-4-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
You are correct in everthing you say.

The rest of you life is going to suck.

Try drugs and alcohol to pass the time.

I did.

It was awesome!!!!

I hope you're being overly sarcastic!

Neither of those things is going to make anyones life any better!

I suppose this is what it has come down to...good little sheep!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Wake-up
Go to school
Come home
Homework/chores/video games
Go to sleep
Repeat

Well...how exactly would you like your day to be?

You have to "Wake-up" and "Go to sleep"...so what is it in the middle of those two that you are thinking would make your life better? You already said college/work will be no better...so what are you looking for?

What would make your ideal day???

Wake-up
???
Go to sleep

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Your assuming waaay too much here. I never bragged about myself. I said I wasn't looked at as "normal". How can you infer from that sentence that I brag about myself? Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Your assuming waaay too much here. I never bragged about myself. I said I wasn't looked at as "normal". How can you infer from that sentence that I brag about myself? Thanks for the reply.

You are right. I reread your op and took from it much less bragging, and a lot more serious lostness. My advice still stands though. Adopting a perspective of the people around us being mindless zombies or sheeple does us no good.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
[SNIP]

No. I am not being sarcastic.

If everything in the origional post is true than Mr Vandettas is going to have a miserable life. His higher than ordinary I.Q. makes him more prone to mental disorders and social dysfunction. Boredom will eventually lead to self destructive negative behaviors and unless Mr Vandettas suffers brain damage enough to make him as retarted as your average person than He will never really fit in or be accapted by society.

Option one. He sould do some iffy fiffy positive [SNIP] that he will find unsatisfying and ultimately achieve nothing but to reinforce the pointlessness of his life.

OR

[SNIP]

Option three. This is one option that I am still struggling with... Get in touch with your darker side and explore that which REALLY spins you wheels.
edit on 18/4/2012 by hudsonhawk69 because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: Removed ill mannered comments, profanity, and large quote of previously removed post.
edit on 4/18/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join