It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti polluting paint clean the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I Love technology a company has come out with an anti polluting paint that actually cleans the air. It is currently being tested in singapore (one of the most polluted cities in the world)

clippednews.wordpress.com/2003/02/.../new-paint-absorbs-pollution/

many uses for this tech. Imagine your whole house inside and out.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The company that created it is called GinoEcoTech

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OOps i should have posted this under new tech. Moniter if you would please move. Im not sure how to do this

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
I Love technology a company has come out with an anti polluting paint that actually cleans the air. It is currently being tested in singapore (one of the most polluted cities in the world)

clippednews.wordpress.com/2003/02/.../new-paint-absorbs-pollution/

many uses for this tech. Imagine your whole house inside and out.

It is a great idea and I am starring and flagging because it is good news. I am sure I'll weather some detractors but this is as good an idea as everyone painting their rooftops white to fight global warming. It works. A white roof doesn't release heat back. I hope this works too. Even if it doesn't - it's good to find people thinking and working on solutions rather than finding ways to reward the polluters and give them tax breaks.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This article is from 2003. I can already see a couple things that make the plausibility questionable, like the final product of the neutralization process being a nitrate. Where nitrate are already contaminating water supplies and delicate eco systems.

Another red flag is that it looks like the company that was going to market this has gone out of business.

Oh well....

EDIT, the company seems to be absorbed by cristal global
edit on 17-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Millennium Inorganic Chemicals is a Hunt Valley, MD based chemical company.
The business was established in 1985. It was a subsidiary of British conglomerate Hanson plc at one time, but was demerged on 1 October 1996, when it became an independent listed company.

It was taken over by Cristal Chemical Company in 2007, but continues to exist as a wholly owned subsidiary and trading name of Cristal.

Millennium Inorganic Chemicals (MIC) is the world’s second-largest producer of titanium dioxide and a leading producer of titanium chemicals. Cristal and MIC operate eight manufacturing plants in six countries and employ more than 3,500 people worldwide.

So what you had was the second largest producer of titanium oxide trying to develop a paint that would be considered "green" and uh, used a large amount of titanium oxide in the formula. But it seems the idea went bust.

The company later bought out by the largest producer of titanium oxide

Millenium Chemicals
edit on 17-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Seems as though it's still being marketed by other companies in Asia though, here is a recent story in Manila.

In the Philippine capital Manila, which is one of the most polluted cities in the world, a paint which it is claimed can purify the air is being used.

A local company has come up with the paint and in partnership with the government it is trying to use it to clean up one of the city's most smog-choked roads.

Kate McGeown reports from Manila.

Source

top topics

join