It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! Any Proof that God Does NOT Know Everything in Advance? (Total Omniscience)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Life is not fair at times, no one can deny that fact. At some point each and everyone of us will suffer through something. These trials , tribulations and tests may seem unfair and unjust. In many cases there appears that there is not a plausible explanation or justification for the situation or the effects that these events cause. The circumstances can produce grave repercussions mentally, physically and spiritually on a individual. In some instances the culprit is easy to identify, and yet there are others times when there is no one to blame and we can not see the reasoning for these hardships we endure. It is in our human nature to place blame, and when suffering is the outcome for an event where responsibility can not be placed, sadly, some are quick to point the finger at God. Some argue that if God was all powerful and loving why would he allow such things to happen, ironically the very events that are intended to bring us closer to him are often times the very same incidents that turn us away. There are blessings hidden within any misfortune that we endure, and a purpose. Each anguish that we undergo carries a lesson, but it is up to the individual to discern what the message is. There are basic fortunes to be gained in all suffering…
1. Knowledge
2. Courage
3. Adaptability
4. Empathy
5. Individuality
6. Dexterity
7. Sympathy
8. Conscience
9. Encouragement
10. Faith, hope and love.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
- unknown

PLPL

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" Isaiah 46:10

Declaring the end from the beginning ...

This verse makes it unmistakably clear that He has knowledge of all events a priori.

Be like the Bereans and search the Scriptures - therein lies your answers

Regards,

FTE

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Dear Hydroman,

So, when the biblical god said, "I AM," it would not have sounded like Jaime. Doing a quick search on google shows that in Hebrew, the words ani kayyam would mean, "I exist" which is close as you can get to "I am" in English. Jaime, in Hebrew means "Supplanter". Supplanter means "one who wrongfully or illegally seizes and holds the place of another." It does not mean "I am me".

You are confusing two different things. One is what his named sounded like, the other is the meaning of the name and that was the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter what language he used, the meaning remained constant. His name was a simple declaration that he was self aware. As to your original question, the word universe means all that exists. Yet, the universe is continually changing. All that exists is not stagnant and to the best of our current knowledge, the universe continues to expand. Why should it be any different for God?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You cannot prove this, I don't think. Here is why. You would need to prove that God existed, and that he was a theistic god firstly. Since this cannot be established definitively, I think it is premature to question the qualities that such a being might posses.

If he exists, which in my opinion he doesn't, then I would think our brains were not capable of contemplating things of his level. If this were the case, I believe it to be meaningless and fruitless to question his qualities.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how does any one know what god knows? lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
You cannot prove this, I don't think. Here is why. You would need to prove that God existed, and that he was a theistic god firstly. Since this cannot be established definitively, I think it is premature to question the qualities that such a being might posses.

If he exists, which in my opinion he doesn't, then I would think our brains were not capable of contemplating things of his level. If this were the case, I believe it to be meaningless and fruitless to question his qualities.

well, technically, if this reality were a simulation, virtual reality of some sort, as it seems to be, god would merely be a programmer, architect, and hence would know everything.

hashtag just sayin

merc
out

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Dear Hydroman,
You are confusing two different things. One is what his named sounded like, the other is the meaning of the name and that was the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter what language he used, the meaning remained constant. His name was a simple declaration that he was self aware. As to your original question, the word universe means all that exists. Yet, the universe is continually changing. All that exists is not stagnant and to the best of our current knowledge, the universe continues to expand. Why should it be any different for God?
You're right, I am confused. I don't know what you're talking about. All I see is that you said the name "Jaime" sounds like "I am me", and I agree with that part. Yet, if this god was speaking some form of Hebrew or Egyptian, his words would not have sounded like "I AM" because he didn't speak English to Moses. That's all I was trying to say. I don't know what you're getting at...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This question used to plague me, when I was young and believed in the religion of my parents. The OP, and the discussion that followed, has illustrated the problems on both sides of the issue very nicely. Personally, I went around and around on it back in my early twenties, and finally it came down to this:

If he DOES know everything, given all that implies, do I want to worship, serve, and pray to such a God?

If he DOES NOT know everything, given all that implies, do I want to worship, serve, and pray to such a God?

I came to the conclusion that neither alternative is acceptable, and pursued other spiritual interests that are a better fit for me. I hope you find the answers you are seeking. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Gwynnhwyfar, it looks like you and I have a very similar train of thought, except I was hoping that God does NOT know everything. I would feel better about Him if he were superior to us, but imperfect. When I started this thread, that is the evidence I was looking for. And indeed, there is no proof that God knows in advance every action we will take and every decision we will make in life. That's a relief for this child of God!
-cwm

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm not sure how this has to do with anything I said and my question to you.

So I'm going to say that it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I just showed you he has omniscience, he sees past present and future. Do not understand? Well i cannot help you with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Well, yes, in many ways. However, my train of thought led to my getting off the train. I don't think you are trying to go that direction, at least not now. You are looking for confirmation that will provide a happy medium - i.e. God as better than ordinary people, but not perfect, or at least not omniscient, because that presents too many problems. For those who are determined to stay with their belief systems, regardless of the problems, we see, in this thread, many examples of reasons to excuse the issues, such as, "we do not understand his ways" or "he was fulfilling prophesy", or simply that "we can not be expected to understand God". You will probably work through several phases of your own understanding and experiences that will give you more emotional ties to opinions in various directions, for your own personal reasons. You will likely wind up drawing the exact opposite conclusion from mine, which is great, and whatever you decide is what is right for you.

We all walk our own path and I wish you the best on your journey.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Thanks for being so open-minded and empathic, GwynnHwyFar. Optimally, each of us are immortal, with being a Human on Earth just one of many many lives we will and have experienced. That would be the greatest gift of all from a loving Father. Best wishes to you too!
-CWM

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It would, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." (Prov 3:5)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8)
"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." (Psalm 118:8)
"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man (NB! lower case 's'), in whom there is no help." (Psalm 146:3)
"Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm.." (Jeremiah 17:5)

Don't understand something in the Scriptures? Believe it anyway! Stop being so pompous and full of pride by doubting God's ways.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes.." (Proverbs 21:2)
"He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool:" (Proverbs 28:26)
"The heart of man is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I just showed you he has omniscience, he sees past present and future. Do not understand? Well i cannot help you with that.

I call it "Omega Vision".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I call it "Omega Vision".

Hah, that reminds me of Superman's nemesis Darksied. Omega beams from his eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join