It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly has Obama done? Why vote for him?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
First off, I'm not a republican. I'm a member of the CSP(Common Sense Party). I'm reading post after post from people bashing on Romney since he's pretty much the (R) nominee. I don't understand how he can get so much hate while the current President is doing basically nothing in the white house. This post is just to ask people who voted or are going to vote for Obama...why? What has he really done?

The stimulus package was a waste of money. He's dumping billions into failing solar power companies... basically throwing money down the drain. His healthcare bill will probably be ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court. Trying to force churches to provide contraception for people... then when they say no he just switches it up and says insurance companies have to provide it? So now condoms are free? How about don't spread your legs and keep it in your pants? That's like saying a mosque HAS TO provide bacon to hungry people. It makes no sense.

Can someone please tell me one thing he has promised that has came true aside from OBL being killed? He promised to close Gitmo...still open. He promised the stimulus would ensure unemployment wouldn't exceed 8%...thats a joke. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act is Obamas "plan" to make sure women make just as much as their male counterparts and he uses this to show the republicans "war on women"... all while the women ON OBAMAS STAFF make on average 11,000 less than men. He promised transparency would be a top priority under his presidency... but the white house refused to release about one third of requests under the Freedom Of Information Act.

According to the Energy Information Administration(eia.gov), Gas increased by 7% during Bushs terms in office. As Obamas first term is nearing it's end the gas has risen at 67%. That is astonishing. How much flak did Bush get for gasoline prices compared to Obama? This is just absolutely mind boggling how someone can still say they support Obama.

All this information is from doing my own research. If anything is wrong or distorted and you can provide me with proof then please let me know. However, if you just say "you're making that up, you're racist or you're stupid for believing that" then more than likely I won't respond to you.

Can I please have a GOOD REASON to vote for Obama?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
S&F
No replies because there are no good reasons.
His wife believes he is the Messiah,,, may be if your brain dead enough you'll believe her and vote for him.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Say whaa??

Look I don't need a reason, sir. I'm voting for him cause he's black and has good speeches! People like Ron Paul always talking about "the establishment" and "truth" we don't care about that! We just want pretty words and a smile

Ain't that good enough?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So don't vote for him if you're not happy with his presidency.

But he's still going to be in office next year - because he's not Mitt Romney

And you know what? We've all gotten so used to having to pick the lesser of two evil parties that no one cares anymore
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
No good reasons, at all. If he gets in again then you'll know that either the people are seriously dumb or it's rigged.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
No good reasons, at all. If he gets in again then you'll know that either the people are seriously dumb or it's rigged.

Well I think we're all well aware that the people are lacking brain cells.

We had W in office for 8 years. Nothing was dumber or more corrupt than that presidency

In his own words: "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

And you know what? We've all gotten so used to having to pick the lesser of two evil parties that no one cares anymore

Actually Romney is ahead according to.... Rasmussen or Gallop... I forget which poll it was.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Do we need a new thread on this every few weeks???

There is a search function....try to use it.

I'm so tired of writing out responses to this stupid question...so you just get copy pasta.

So here are the reasons why, in my opinion, he has done a good job so far...and why I think he deserves 4 more years.

- Obama took office DURING a recession. He managed to get us out of the recession in a fairly short time period. You guys can argue all you want...but "officially" the recession ended in June 2009.

- Obama implemented many programs to help out the middle class. Not all of them worked out perfectly...but their aim was to help...and they did succeed at least partially.

- Your taxes have gone down under Obama. Like it or not...unless you made more money than you did before Obama (which would increase your taxes)....you paid less taxes. If you paid more taxes...than you need a new accountant.

- He extended child tax credits and made fixes to the marriage penalty

- More proof the economy is recovering...the stock markets are doing very well. Companies have to secure profit before they start to think about increasing their workforce again. The stock market doing well is evidence that things are moving in the right direction. Don't be surprised if the unemployment rate is under 8% by election time.

- He passed Health Care Reform. Something that has been trying to get done for decades...and he accomplished it. It is not perfect...it is not what I wanted...but it is a step in the right direction. The GOP thinks they can use this against him in the election...but what they will be telling the American people is that they want to re-instate annual caps, pre-existing conditions, take away insurance from children and the continuation of the status quo. Good luck with that GOP.

- He ended the war in Iraq. Plain and simple...I don't think he gets enough credit for this...but it is true that there are no more combat missions in Iraq.

- He killed OBL. He made the call...it was on his watch...he gets credit.

I really could go on and on...but I think some statistics would show the picture better. If you want to see all the promises Obama has kept..or see proof of the above statements...take a look here.
www.politifact.com...

But what I want to look at now is his overall performance.

www.politifact.com...

Promise Kept 175
Compromise 55
Promise Broken 63
Stalled 67
In the Works 146
Not yet rated 2

People like to claim that he has broken a lot of promises. I don't consider 63 out of 508 ( ~ 12%) a lot.

He has fulfilled completely 34% of his promises...fullfilled fully or partially 45% of his promises.

13% of his promises have been stalled, mostly due to the change in the control of the house.

But a 28% of his promises are still in the works. If you take the promises kept, compromised, and in the works...you get 74% of promises that he has either fullfilled or is still working on.

I am completely happy with this performance...I don't deny that there are some big things that he didn't do that I am not happy with (Guantanamo, Public Option, Profit Tax on Oil Companies)...but they do not negate the things he has done.

The big number to me is that he is still working on 28% of the things he ran on in 2008...and since I am happy with his performance thus far with what he has accomplished...I'd like to see him get these things (and new things) completed.

It's not hard to see that for the most part, Obama has done what he said he would do. So if you voted for him in 2008, I really don't see any reason that you wouldn't vote for him in 2012...unless you really weren't paying attention to what he said he would do in 2008. If that is the case, that is not the fault of Obama...that is the fault of the individual.
edit on 17-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Actually Romney is ahead according to.... Rasmussen or Gallop... I forget which poll it was.

And Obama is up in CNN, Reuters, Pew, and the RCP average.

Doesn't matter...way to far out to matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What he's done is continue the GWB policies and expanded on the corporate control of this country. Voting for Mitt or whomever the GOP puts out there is tantamount to the same thing. The rich will kep getting the lion's share and power while the rest will continue to be poorer and more enslaved. Both parties are bought and sold to the money lenders, the energy corporations, and the military industrial complex.

I will vote for neither of these criminal parties or their glamoured whores. Only a vote for a revolutionary representative would or could bring about change. Know anyone?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

This post is just to ask people who voted or are going to vote for Obama...why?

Two reasons every American should vote for Obama:

1. Republicans want to force people to have children, which will make everyone poor

2. Republicans want to end all social programs, thus bankrupting poor people and much of the middle class

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Obama has also presided over two key events.

The credit downgrade and the end of NASA.

To take America out of the space race is reason enough never, ever, to vote democrat or Obama again.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Because Republicans are putting up trash who is offering no real solutions.

Obama wins hands down...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding! What dream world do you live in? The man has done more harm to this country than any one or any number of people have ever done to any country in the history of the world! Obama is so evil he makes the antichrist look benevolent!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Obameter. It keeps track of what he's done.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

It's funny that you quoted a whole laundry list of facts and figures from another member and responded with nothing but opinion and hyperbole - congratulations.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He signed the National Defense Authorization act and that's a good thing right?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

It's funny that you quoted a whole laundry list of facts and figures from another member and responded with nothing but opinion and hyperbole - congratulations.

Did you actually address me or did someone break wind? Is there supposed to be some content there or what? Every sentient being on the planet knows that Obama is big time NWO is slaughtering freedom with every breath he takes. Anyone who supports this demon has sold his/her soul!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

You have got to be kidding! What dream world do you live in? The man has done more harm to this country than any one or any number of people have ever done to any country in the history of the world! Obama is so evil he makes the antichrist look benevolent!

Is that all you got???

How about addressing any of the specific points or figures I provided???

Or just stick with your empty rhetoric and don't address anything specific...at least it will get you some stars

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join