It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if It Happened Tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

It's not that barter is any "fairer" than currency.

It's that people who are clueless and who made no preparations and have no SHTF skills still need to be helped to become fully independent and capable. You could help them out by teaching them the concept of savings, investment, cooperation etc.

At the very least, they'd learn how to do some actual work, and quit all the frivolous complaining.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
my guess that this w/e happnening would probably be alot like a zombie apocalypse and no electricity so i would probably be prepared to travel and prepared for w/e dangers there might be in the road ahead since u'll eventually run out of supplies u'd have to go scavenge and reconnect with civilization or survivors

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If it happened tomorrow, I'd be more unprepared than I want to be. I've got about a 1 year plan in place, to where I should be where I want us to be within 1 year. Within that 1 year timeframe, I'd put us at

within 90 days = 30%
within 6 months = 70%
within 9 months = 90%
within a year = 100%

Given current finances, time, etc.
Of course, constant maintenance too, as you cycle through food stores to keep it fresh and rotated. I don't plan on storing things we don't eat, so as we go, we'll eat some, replace it out, etc. The time is mostly for the bigger expenses, like generator, manual well pump, and amassing the food and water storage.

<< 1   >>

join