It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mother of All Conspiracies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deviloshdoughnuts

Holy (insert expletive here), I hadn't thought of that.

However, I really think that those civilizations have nothing to do with modern society...except as something that our current leaders are exerting every ounce of effort in resisting. See, the "gods" (aliens) had contact with those people and gave them lots of stuff...

Unfortunately, due to the structure of our reality, those all died off. Additionally, some people were just jerks and toppled the system.

What we have here is the government deciding it's easier to promote slavery in the clothes of freedom, than giving us freedom on a platter and spending tons of their pocket money to ensure that we don't force them to slavery.

The big question here is: if given the option, can we govern ourselves? Or will we end up falling just like every other empire?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weallfalldown

Awareness, my friend. Awareness is the only tool I can think of to combat this...many people are waking up already, so it's not like it's hopeless or impossible.

As I said earlier, we have to drown out their lies with the truth. If a lie can be believed if repeated enough, then the inverse is also true. The only thing we really have to be careful of is being marginalized and associated with things that have squat-all to do with the issues at hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Hey, wait a second there.

You're assuming we CAN change the system.

Let me ask you this, then...is it better to be aware of the system we cannot change, or remain ignorant of it?

No one here has been able to say whether or not we CAN change the system. It's always "possibly" or "I hope so"...there are no definite answers. We don't know we can overthrow the current regime.
edit on CWednesdaypm414140f40America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
reply to post by elrem48

We could all collectively stop paying taxes at the exact same time. I'm sure THAT would get someone's attention and ruffle a few feathers.

We actually have more power than we think, and we can exercise that power collectively with money. Stop using banks, stop buying garbage manufactured in Chinese sweat shops and live as naturally as possible. If voting at the ballot box changes nothing, then perhaps voting with our checkbooks will..

That's exactly what I have been saying for a few months now. But before we can do anything we need to reach critical mass. Once that happens a combination of paying no taxes whatsoever, taking our money out of the banks, cancelling direct deposit, stop working for 2 weeks (or more) and boycotting all products not used for survival will bring their power structure to it's knees. That would of course hurt us as well in more ways than one because we have become dependent on the system. But I think it's like a serious heroin addiction, the withdrawal might be real hard but to continue on as an addict is sure death.

The system in place now will either destroy us (through eco-cide, or nuclear war) or enslave us.

If we were to do all those things (strike, boycott, stop using banks, stop buying things not necessary for survival, stop paying all taxes) there is no way the machine can continue because we are the parts that make it run. Our economy will collapse without a doubt but so will our corrupt government and their puppet masters - the bankers and multinationals (along with established families). But that would require:
1. A plan, 2. Trust in your neighbors (community and communication), 3. And of course tons of sacrifice.

I can see why parents would balk, but SHTF scenario is coming sooner or later and maybe it's best we plan for it on our terms instead of waiting for it to happen on their terms. The community is needed to help each other out through this transition. Sharing is caring as they say and is absolutely necessary for our survival, because without each other we will fail any which way you look at it.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Fantastic post.

More people are awakening to the scam. Those that seek to be self sufficient are treated like terrorist. The fact is we are living in a real world controlled matrix.

I know most here can't stand Alex Jones however he is on point with this topic in this video:

I read one of your comments about war and food. In the above video its all lined out about how bad GMO real is and the sick people whom force it up on us.

Note: The beginning of the video sucks up until 6:13 Alex is making a fool of himself. The meat follows the ideas in the OP.

We are headed for some rough times in our future. instead of fighting amongst ourselves we should finding those responsible and formulate a plan to deal with them.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Let there be true freedom...

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all" -Mario Savio

edit on CWednesdaypm353548f48America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Oh, I have no doubt secret societies indeed have played a role in all this. But, who, what, when or how are not as easy to answer as the why.

I often ponder, as is fun to do, on whether or not the Masons either put something in the pyramids, or found something in the pyramids related to geometry..like if there was something in the capstones that held the secrets to geometry. Maybe they found something in the pyramids that proves mankind is truly ancient...? Maybe we've all been through this before.

Maybe the secrets they guard are some form of Sacred Geometry, that is so powerful, that they felt it needed safekeeping. Anyway, this stuff is kinda fun to think about..I have no idea if it's true or if there's any merit to it. Just sorta thinking out loud here.

At any rate, the only thing we can know for sure about any secret society is that a few of them actually have, or continue to, exist. Beyond that, it's all conjecture. Except Masons are masters of geometry and architecture. That much we CAN claim with absolute certainty.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Try studying Hebrew Geometry.

I hear that stuff is great.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

That's exactly the point I intended to make.

The world of theory is quite different from the world of reality. As a young adult without my critical thinking skills developed I thought the same as the OP, then like most I matured and reality replaced dreams.

Necessity is most certainly what determines how our system operates and hopefully Free Societies like we have had here in the US and others enjoy in the Western World, will continue.

Anarchy and total freedom are the pipe-dreams of the young. Good thing too since that brings change which can be a good thing overall. I'm not surprised this is getting this much attention, even though I think the real purpose of the OP is the legalization of a certain Item I won't mention

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Replacement system? How about no and just live your life. We don't need a set of rules or a system to guide us, just live for and by each other then everyone can only do the same. Protect each other if someone is violating another. Offer help when needed and always try to understand the people around you so there wouldn't be any conflicts/arguments.

People (some) seem to think if we didn't have government or someone controlling the group, it would turn all slavery and death in a heart beat. But that wouldn't happen because we're smarter than that. All we need is proper education, to be born without confusion. Now, where do you get that education? From your family, and later on from others who have taken a different route in learning.

Just think about what you should do, not about what someone else should do. Bottom line, become a leader and take control of your own life, we don't need anymore babysitters (government) they hurt more than they help.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
reply to post by guavas

This is one of the best threads I've read in a while here on ATS.
The last one was titled something like ' we're in trouble' but it was a great read.

I can only concur what most have said in their replies.

I suggest we copy and print this out.
Make as many as possible and pass them out to everyone including those in authority and in government and military but mostly the younger generation, who need to be warned and informed.

Thanks for taking the time out and being so precise in what you have said.

I will not be presumptuous enough to claim that this is, by any means, worthy of printing out and sharing. (In fact, I hadn't even thought of it until this post)

However, awareness and sharing the basic idea via print could actually be a good idea. Maybe come up with it in your own words, or maybe I could find an actual writer to draft something up and just drop flyers around here and there...if awareness is the goal, I don't see a problem with this (except, maybe the potential for littering lol)

The greatest thing about writing, is that you can interact with the world in a way that does not infringe upon another individual's rights.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by guavas

Hey, wait a second there.

You're assuming we CAN change the system.

Let me ask you this, then...is it better to be aware of the system we cannot change, or remain ignorant of it?

No one here has been able to say whether or not we CAN change the system. It's always "possibly" or "I hope so"...there are no definite answers. We don't know we can overthrow the current regime.
edit on CWednesdaypm414140f40America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

You don't have much of a chance of winning any war unless you have good information and everyone is on the same page. How is everyone on the same page when they don't know what grey aliens, reptillians, haarp, private central banking, globalisation, nwo, don't know how many political parties america has and what they stand for, etc...???

The sooner we get on the same page, masonry fails, the central bankers get arrested for usury/treason/murder the better our chances for success. If we fail, which is definitely a possibility, then whatever happens will happen and I would rather not think about it!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

People (some) seem to think if we didn't have government or someone controlling the group, it would turn all slavery and death in a heart beat.

Um, no. Actually, that's exactly what happened WITH government. Imagine us without a government...there would be no one to say "Hey, you can't take that." There would be no one to mete out punishments, and if that became everyone's right, who's to say we wouldn't revert back to the days of Salem witch trials?

But that wouldn't happen because we're smarter than that.

...I give up. :bnghd:
edit on CWednesdaypm464654f54America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

link   
Lot's of people believe the gist of the OP, but I would like to see a synopsis of how we got to this point. Where did it start? Did this exist when we were living in caves? Did it start when we traded pigs for chickens, or when we substituted "symbolic materials" for actual goods. ie money. Did it start with the establishment of modern government, or back when one caveman was more popular than another one?

What I am getting at, is that, whatever happened, didn't just happen; it developed. So at what point does it become a population control conspiracy, in the road from "caveman" to "sheep-man-2012"?

link   
reply to post by guavas

Just read the opening post. And yes, guavas, i got to the end

What a fantastic thread. I was nodding all the way through. I have believed in this conspiracy you speak of for many years now.

Many years ago we were kept in slavery with shackles and chains. The slave masters learnt the hard way that this was not effective and only leads to uprisings and rebellions.

Now our chains are mortgages, rent, credit cards, pension schemes, and the useless junk that they sell to us, which we are so addicted to.

Star and Flag... This thread is what ATS should be about!!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark16
I loved the post, but ifeel there are ways around it. I know we are all products of the environment but ever thought you could change it? I mean if it is their facade covering our eyes, Why are they doing so? Have you ever thought about the fact that they are scared that you too will realize that everything comes form you so they dumb us down so nobody can realize it?

Yes, as I have watched "The Secret" and "The Quantum Activist" documentaries. I'm not entirely sure I subscribe to these ideas, but I sure am beginning to wonder, in all honesty.

(A few synchronistic things have happened recently that have really made me go "Hmm...")

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
Lot's of people believe the gist of the OP, but I would like to see a synopsis of how we got to this point. Where did it start? Did this exist when we were living in caves? Did it start when we traded pigs for chickens, or when we substituted "symbolic materials" for actual goods. ie money. Did it start with the establishment of modern government, or back when one caveman was more popular than another one?

What I am getting at, is that, whatever happened, didn't just happen; it developed. So at what point does it become a population control conspiracy, in the road from "caveman" to "sheep-man-2012"?

This.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
I am sure you will benefit a lot -if you haven't already- from delving into Antonio Gramsci's concepts of "hegemony".

Gramsci was a marxist thinker of the early 20th century, founder of Italy's communist party and put in jail for contesting Mussolini's fascist party.

His great contribution to the history of ideas, was precisely the concept of hegemony: that is to say, the way that the elites impose their worldview, values, and conducts into the 'lesser' classes, so as to make them act and comply with a worldview without them even questioning it, because of this "way" of things being so evident.

This represents not only political and economic control, but also the ability of the dominant class to project its own way of seeing the world so that those who are subordinated by it accept it as 'common sense' and 'natural'. Common sense, suggests Geoffrey Nowell-Smith, is 'the way a subordinate class lives its subordination'. In this framework, hegemony becomes a straightjacket for the mind, our mind.

Keep on thinking the way you do, mate! And really, really read Gramsci. His ideas are fascinating, enlightning and liberating.

The first Ford Model was built in 1896. Karl Marx developed his ideas during the days of horsepopp and carriages. Why do you Marxists want to take us back to the days of horsepoop and carriages? Would you really sacrifice your computer that you type out this Gramsci drivel and go back to the early printing presses to distribute your communist leaflets? Or wait, it's not industry you hate, but the managers of it. You wanted the factory lines without the long hours? Is that it? Or you wanted the horsepopp and carriages instead of cars which run on oil? Or you just don't want anyone telling you how to fit that factory piece into the assembly line? Or wait, is it that you want to be paid for it in bread and cheese? Long lines in Russia. sounds fantastic eh. Get in line for that govt cheese.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

I haven't had a chance to read the responses yet, but I have to say I think your right! I do think that the part about "Making your own clothing" Is a great skill set, and as a person who makes clothing I can tell you Mathamatics is critical. Otherwise sizing becomes a cluster of a mess.
Hemp as a solution is a little less effective then you might think though. Yes it's better then Cotton, (processing, and manufacturing) But it still has the similer fault. If you need to know anything about cotton it retains mold, and wrinkles. That's why we all own washing machines. It might not seem like a big deal, but manufacturing the cotton t-shirt your wearing is alot more complicated then just using cotton. I think the real answer for that problem will be synthetic fiber, along with other theorys I'm currently working on. I know it's not natural sounding but it's my thought.

I'll respond again once I've read through,

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by guavas

Excellent post.

There was a thread not to long ago that I think supports your thesis. It was on how the system is now demanding everything be subscribed or contracted, even the most basic of things like television and phone service. In this way credit continues to be a factor with the added bonus of being able to track your habits. The best way to usher in subscription requirements is through privatization. By privatizing everything from 911/ambulance services to trash pick up they can make sure you are forced into their system. Ultimately everything will be commodified, everything is for sale.

Absolutely, and I know this for a fact first hand. When I got Portal 2, the physical media in my hands from the game store, I was horrified to find out that I had to set up and subscribe to a Steam Account. I nearly snapped my game in half, I was so angry...

All I wanted to do was put in a game -- physical media -- into my computer and play it as a consumer consumes a product, but I COULD NOT PLAY IT unless I tossed my information out into the cloud. Now, there are tendrils out there..if you had tried this ten years ago, the backlash would've destroyed the company..but now..?

I haven't bought a game since.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join