It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mother of All Conspiracies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I Love Pavlov! I just think of things differently i guess. I feel that with enoug mental effort anything can be achieved. And if you think anything isn't possible you hamper yourself. Good point though, mate.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Excellent post.

There was a thread not to long ago that I think supports your thesis. It was on how the system is now demanding everything be subscribed or contracted, even the most basic of things like television and phone service. In this way credit continues to be a factor with the added bonus of being able to track your habits. The best way to usher in subscription requirements is through privatization. By privatizing everything from 911/ambulance services to trash pick up they can make sure you are forced into their system. Ultimately everything will be commodified, everything is for sale.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Our dependence has been deliberately engineered and our economy, as we understand it today, is a contrivance, conjured from thin air. The whole entire thing is a sham; a sham that has been deliberately rigged from the start that we have all been forced and conditioned to participate in.

I'm not sure if you could call this an epiphany, since a vast majority of conspiracy discussion is already based on this concept. Yes, the system is a contrivance... I think that's been established.

It's how to BEAT the system that we need to focus on.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You want people to go back into caves and make cloths out of hemp?

I understand your point, but you take it a bit far.

Modern life is all right (well not all!). Fiat money is the root of the problem and the holly grail of tptb.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

A lot of good ideas there.

One thing that I am not sure about is this:

For the ones smart enough to ask questions, they instituted the standard 40 hour work week to keep us too busy and tired from scrambling around to ask questions.

I thought the 40 hour workweek came about through the increased power of the workforce due to the advancement of labor unions. Before the rise of the unions, workweeks were much longer.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Personally, I think we, visiting ATS as much as we do, have talked ourselves into believing there has been a "plan" to control us in place for hundreds/thousands of years and that this plan is there to keep us just happy enough not to recognize or fight back against the "plan".

However, I believe its probably not that "simple".

I believe our fore fathers and founders of this country (America) truly believed they were starting something completely new - revolutionary - that would give everyone an equal opportunity. They did not take this responsibility lightly and set the country off with the best of intentions.

However, in my opinion, this whole mess we're currently in simply "evolved" into what it is because there are, have been, and always will be greedy people who will stop at nothing to break or get around the "rules". They don't care who or what they lay waste to in the process of building their own personal wealth and power. They rewrite the rules to fit their needs, not the needs of the "average joe".

Average Joe opn the other hand has to figure out how to keep food on the table. As long as his family is comfortable and happy, then life is good. As long as the greedy don't directly affect his life, there's nothing to worry about.

The problem is when the greedy overstep and Average Joe no longer can put food on the table no matter how much he, his wife, his kids work... that's when the system falls apart and everything re-sets again.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

I believe you are incorrect.

I think that when they built this nation, they were setting up an environment that would prevent the problems we had in England.

However, when our nation progressed, our leaders realized there was profit in an automatic system...as long as you kept your citizens ignorant. So...they swept from one end of the spectrum, which was prevented by our constitution, to the other side of the spectrum, inventing amendments as they went along.

That other extreme is the society we now live in.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by guavas

A lot of good ideas there.

One thing that I am not sure about is this:

For the ones smart enough to ask questions, they instituted the standard 40 hour work week to keep us too busy and tired from scrambling around to ask questions.

I thought the 40 hour workweek came about through the increased power of the workforce due to the advancement of labor unions. Before the rise of the unions, workweeks were much longer.

That gave me pause too.

For those smart enough to ask questions, they were either promoted to shut them up, or arrested to shut them up permanently.
edit on CWednesdaypm292920f20America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good stuff, instantly brought Machiavelli to mind. He was a big proponent of creating conflicts artificially when there are none, primarily to direct the public's rage away from the true enemy, their own government.

"War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans."
Niccolo Machiavelli

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

It is very hard to buck the system when you have children. Can we let our children go without food, shelter, medical attention, etc, if we try to drop out?
I struggled with just trying to teach my children to think for themselves, to have compassion for others, and to question everything, when they were young. I refused to buy them clothes made in sweatshops, and whatever the the status stuff was. They were bullied and made fun of. I worked so I could not home school them, and there was no home school back then.
That was my dilemma
I love them very much, but would it be better not to have had children? I can only hope that now that they are adults they will be able to make a stand. I hope I never have grandchildren because, they will be hostages as all children have been for a long time now.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
110% Correct. We are all just slaves. I gave up on the rat race 2 years ago. I refuse to work, i am more willing to die today than work 40 more years for nothing. Give me a gun or a bomb and a united cause and i will do my work.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head. They'll try to convince you that we need a one world government to solve the problems they purposely started and purposely keep going, but honestly we'd be better off fending for ourselves and not relying on anything they set before us. The problem with that is that people are so sheltered and domesticated the thought of any independence whatsoever is so frightening and alien to them, they won't hear it or consider it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I actually think you and I are close... Our "leaders" as you call them, have slowly (if 200+ years is slow) been replaced by greedy immoral people in it for their own profit. The greedy have pecked away at the original system until it has been rendered unrecognizable.

My point with respect to the OP is I don't think we are where we are now because of some "master plan" that has been set in place and followed by a select few - as much as because the system has evolved to where we are due to the fact that... Simply put, the greedy want it more!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Although there aren't any real new ideas put forward here, the eloquence of this post earns you a S&F.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ah Guavas,
I think your on the right track, however, take it further. Follow the dollar and power further. Read the book of" Enoch", read "Creature From Jeckyl Island". Read my favorite from the 40's if you can find it, " The Naked Capitalist" and "The Naked Communist" by Leon Skoen. My spelling could be off. Everyone should read "The Naked Capitalist".

Capitalism in my opinion is derived from the Teachings of the Talents. Those that prosper and use ethics are supposed to. Those who do nothing are to have that which they have buried, taken away from them and given to them that have trusted in God and risked to multiply.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

Ah Guavas,
I think your on the right track, however, take it further. Follow the dollar and power further. Read the book of" Enoch", read "Creature From Jeckyl Island". Read my favorite from the 40's if you can find it, " The Naked Capitalist" and "The Naked Communist" by Leon Skoen. My spelling could be off. Everyone should read "The Naked Capitalist".

Capitalism in my opinion is derived from the Teachings of the Talents. Those that prosper and use ethics are supposed to. Those who do nothing are to have that which they have buried, taken away from them and given to them that have trusted in God and risked to multiply.

Uh...what?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

I actually think you and I are close... Our "leaders" as you call them, have slowly (if 200+ years is slow) been replaced by greedy immoral people in it for their own profit. The greedy have pecked away at the original system until it has been rendered unrecognizable.

My point with respect to the OP is I don't think we are where we are now because of some "master plan" that has been set in place and followed by a select few - as much as because the system has evolved to where we are due to the fact that... Simply put, the greedy want it more!

True. It was probably more of a "goal" than a "plan"...but now they've got a plan in place and are refining it.

But what IS the plan, exactly?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I especially liked the part about how the government must continue finding/creating problems in order to perpetuate its existence.. I never thought of it that way. It makes perfect sense though- along the lines of why they declared a war on drugs- they know they can never "solve" the drug problem, but they sure can soak up even more tax dollars in the name of it. Great OP.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

The worst part of it is...it seems there are only a few very narrow doors to escape this insanity. And we are mostly too fattened by the daily grind to fit through it.

Now THIS...this was beautiful...wish I'd thought of it

I can see it in my mind's eye...a group of people standing around throwing out ideas on how to keep us all from escaping their insanity...in some regard, we really are living in some kind of Matrix. Not a digital Matrix, but a contrived analog Matrix.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wahey, nice one all, hottest topic.

The more people read about problems like these, the quicker we can wake up and start working out how to fix them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join