It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever "converted" anyone to ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Both my fiancee and one of her best female friend post here now, and they seem to be having a good time with it. I "converted" a business collegue last year who was active for a while, but I haven't seen this particular member posting too much recently. (I also dated a different ATS member in 2009, which is another story I guess). It always makes me happy when I can introduce this board to somebody.

Mindful of the T&C, I mostly try to stay out of the way of the members I know in real life, and away from their threads because we aren't supposed to "collaborate" with each other on this board, if I understand correctly. But it brings a smile to my face to see them making threads now and getting all tinfol-ey. ATS is like a mental infection, in a good way. (For the most part.
)

Have you ever gotten anyone you know post here? Any of you with close friends or family members who are also ATSers? I know I'm not the only one because I've seen others mention it in passing. Just curious, thought I'd see what people's experiences along these lines are.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I got a mate onboard a few months ago, he wont tell me the handle he uses but every now and then hell tell news he got from ATS like I wouldnt know it LOL.

Ive noticed a few changes in him, hes become a bit anti American and Israel, more anti Muslim, doesnt like chemicals everywhere and is aware of things like flouride.
Other things like when I suggested the possibility that the moon landing was faked he laughed and called me an idiot, after reading a few things on this site now hes not sure himself.

I sometimes wonder whether I did him a favour or disservice introducing him to all this stuff

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A few. And a few others who lurk but haven't joined. I'm very selective of who I mention this site to.
As a side, and slightly off topic, the grapevine has it we have at least one celebrity on board, and maybe more. How true it is, I don't know.
edit on 4/17/2012 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I try every day.

Reeled one in just a few minutes ago. Looks like a keeper!

Only problem is that she has a MSM addiction to get rid of first but she's willing.

Funny thing is that while I was talking to her and mentioned ATS, another customer shouted: "That's my favorite site! " Gotta stop doing this in my bakery!

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Not yet.....but soon.

I feel like putting on a pair of slacks and a white shirt hopping on a bike and going out to share the truth with some people sitting at a bus stop.

Maybe I should have another member join me. Whenever I see those other guys they are in pairs. We should go out in packs of three.

So any volunteers?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Brought my now husband to the site. Mentioned it to family, friends and others that are seemingly interested in topics provided and alternative news sources but for joining will be depending on when they will have time to offer.
edit on 17-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've tried but there are not enough holidays or special rituals to convert any one I know.
Is there at least an ATS drink that we could offer? Maybe a sugary/fruit type drink.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have mentioned it to a few people but I don't know if I've converted anybody. My husband is too busy with his day-trading addiction so all his message board activity is related to stocks. He is interested in what I read on here, and asks me daily what interesting things I have read on here, but that's the extent of it.

I personally found this site through the infowars message board. Somebody had referenced a story on here related to 9/11, so naturally I had to join on 9-11-11. I used to raise hell on that message board. ATS has made me a kinder, gentler poster.

top topics

join