How To Hide Anything A Must Have For ANY Situation!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I absolutely love this book. This is a must have PDF for anyone out there concerned with any of the following scenarios....

Round up by police.

Burglary.

Home invasion.

Common Sense.

Paranoia.

The reason I love this so much also is just in case you have to leave your home temporarily you can rest assure that your valuables are safe, if and when you return. This even gives examples on how most people will search for your valuables (for the less intelligent criminals) and how you can actually make their jobs a hell of alot harder.

Also there is just a sense of security that people have when they are confident that their valuable items are secure.

BTW, this also has the best places to hide for people as well..... any way let me give you the PDF, have fun!!

How To Hide Anything.
www.freecommonlaw.us...

Here is a little excerpt.

Most examiners will ignore everyday things like a pot of stew or a bowl of fruit, and this principle can be applied to the construction of hiding places, as well as to quickies.
Unless well trained or well practiced in the art of search techniques, most people do not actually see what is before them.
They see a mental projection of what the initial form of the object suggests to them.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Looks a bit thorough at 103 pages long, no doubt it will help considering I at live at college...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the PDF Now I know how NOT to hide my stuff since the book is out there the cops and more intellegent robbers will have it and use it.

edit on 17-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is a good read, thanks. I like the drilling in the furniture trick, I never thought of that

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Okay, I think you deserve some applause.

In fact if a mod wants to give you 100 of my stars, go for it - I don't care about my stars anyway, I have 7 at home

(My husband, 3 sons, 1 grand daughter and two furbabies (dogs).

All I can give you is one cruddy star, flag this and a Bender Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 17-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Thanks for the PDF Now I know how NOT to hide my stuff since the book is out there the cops and more intellegent robbers will have it and use it.

edit on 17-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

indeed
the author points that out as well
the idea behind the book is to develop a mindset conducive
to coming up with your own ideas for hiding stuff

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Safety deposit boxes for lots of the good stuff never hurts. To protect the things you need on a daily basis, a big ol' dog usually handles the home safety issue. But this is an interesting thread and I look forward to seeing hidey-hole ideas emerge. Thanks for starting it and pointing to an interesting book.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just beware of the fire risks. I heard about someone in Irving, TX a few years ago who followed some of these "hiding in plain sight" techniques and hid more than $5000 in cash all over his apartment.

What he did not count on was his 5 year old starting a small fire in the bathroom, which spread throughout the apartment and adjacent apartments so rapidly that people had only seconds to get out.

The fire department was actually physically restraining the guy to keep him from going back in while the building burned and he kept yelling my money, all my money is in that apartment, etc. Heard he recovered a few hundred from the refrigerator later, but that was it.

Sad but true story.....

edit on 4/17/2012 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Heres one my friends dad used growing up,

He used to have this huge mutt of a dog, part Pit bull part wolf or something, it was obnoxious and huge, barked like hell but never bit anyone.

His father had built an amazing dog house for him, probably half the size of one of those tuff sheds they advertise, anyway there where several compartments in his dog house the father had made, he had insulated the dog house like you would a normal house (he was a general contractor) in the steeped roof was a safe for various things like money and documents just in case, and in the floor was probably a large space (5x5 and maybe 4 ft deep) we used to hide in evey now and than when I was little and playing games.

I used to joke that his dad was a hit man or spy, he wasn't he just grew up in the wrong time in poland and always thought you should have a good hiding place from people of authority.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I like this book very much. It adds some new ideas about where to "put" things. I used to use some of these techniques in my younger years to keep "things" from getting found by my parents

Thanks for sharing!

And I really like the doghouse ideas...now I just gotta get a dog...
edit on 17-4-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

These are way better than my plan, which involved small ballons and a jar of vaseline!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing! I've been collecting ebooks like this for the past few months, another to add to my collection. Much appreciated

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Just wanted to thank you for making me laugh outloud, tvtexan. Haven't been doing much of that lately, unfortunately. In fact I was laughing so hard, it startled my cats who were sound asleep on my bed and caused them to run out of my room!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I found this book to be laughable. Thorough book? Ok I'll give it that. Helpful? Not at all.

Seriously though, who's going to dig up a 10 foot tree, remove the roots, insert a 4 - 6 foot long pipe underground, then stick the tree on top to conceal something? Many of the examples in this book are completely unrealistic. The author basically was ranting for 103 pages of any possible way they could think to hide something no matter how ridiculous. Thorough book but a complete waste of time to anyone with common sense,

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
if i had to hide any thing worth a dime which i don't i would build a case in the walls (2 or 3 small ones maybe ) and work really hard so you don't see nothing when you're in front of it (not the usual "old $1 painting" to hide it), and indeed protect it against fire (stating the obvious here)

If it's illegal money, drugs, you hide you could be screwed by the sniffing dogs, true, else you're good
edit on 17-4-2012 by themaster1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1yearning2bfree
reply to post by tvtexan

Just wanted to thank you for making me laugh outloud, tvtexan. Haven't been doing much of that lately, unfortunately. In fact I was laughing so hard, it startled my cats who were sound asleep on my bed and caused them to run out of my room!

Follow them! I'll bet they have some good hiding places as well!

Glad you had a good chuckle! You need more of that!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sounds a bit like "Feet of Clay" (T. Pratchett), where the SPOILER ALERT: tyrann is poisoned by arsenic-immersed candles. Don't look by using the light, look AT the light.

At least since reading that book I always try to look at the most obvious places for my keys, mobile, etc.. It usually works great.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've used a one gallon jar of commercial mayo with small glass jar inserted inside to hide jewelry many years ago...

It worked great while my druggie half sister was visiting.....I was young and stupid....

Des
edit on 18-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some good info in there as well as a couple of silly ideas for filler I suppose (like the tree vault). That said, many of the principles he speaks of are true - people have certain blind spots that can be used to your advantage. While teaching principles of camouflage to Marine scout/snipers we often hid people in plain sight by utilizing the idea that it would be impossible to hide in the open so there's no use in looking there.

How to hide yourself in the woods and principles of camo thread here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I "hide" my valuables in a 1/2 ton safe bolted to the floor.
If you can take it - it's all yours!
edit on 18-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Since this is open source info, what makes you think the burglars haven't read this book to figure out how to hide all the goodies they find at "work"? Also, what makes you think that police agencies don't comb through info just like you do? To rely on this book alone would be a foolhardy endeavour. Just do what I do. Double vacuum bag it and bury it if it's that important to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join