It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXISTENCE of God! 2 great, short, videos!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I understand there are a lot of folk out there who do not agree with Kent Hovind, but these are 2 great short segments I uploaded to my YouTube page ripped from multiple 3 hour videos.

Please watch and let me know what you think, because IMO these put Atheists in their place

Debating 3 scientists in Evolution, Biology and Chemistry.

edit on 17-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Very compelling...

While I do not believe in any religion specifically, I am deeply spiritual and agree with what he says. I just don't believe it went down the way the Bible states because it is just one book and one interpretation of spirituality.

You know God exists, and he must have a sense of humor... look at the platypus!

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Put atheists in their place.
Interesting...and what exactly is the place of an atheist?

As an atheist, I don't believe in a god. This does not mean a god does not exist, it simply means I have seen no compelling evidence that would make me believe in one.
The difference between a atheist, and a theist, is simple. With new information, I will gladly change my stance. Theists however will reject all new information if they find it conflicts with their belief..therefore, atheism is not a belief..it is simply a understanding of what is presented.

Now, about the clips.

the first one discusses an internal verses external creator. The atheists pose a question, how would something spiritual create something material. The response to that was that god is outside of the creation...which did not answer the question at all. He was unable to answer it, so he spoke about something completely unreleated to the question presented.
No more need be discussed about that video. He might as well gave a recipe for cookies.

The second video is the classic fill god in the gaps answer. He notes that since science does not have =all= the answers to every single question in the universe, it must prove therefore that Jesus is lord, etc. This mindset has been around since the dawning of time when they demanded a deity was riding a golden chariot over the earth every day because they couldn't exactly specify why the sun goes down in the west and comes up in the east...even some may have been contemplating a potentially spherical body verses a flat earth, but at the time, due to lack of tools/means to test, it is rejected by the golden chariot types.

Evolution is science..but science is not absolute..science is not something that is infallable..as a matter of fact, the very basic understanding and motivation of science is that it is indeed fallable and we must progress to continuously challenge, test, experiment, and understand all things to dismiss previous held understandings and notions. This is the opposite understanding of the religious.

Consider the last sentence on that video...Evolution is dangerouos because its false (maybe, but so far, the evidence is pointing strongly towards it) and mostly because it sends you to hell if you believe it.

Well, this means that should you tend to go with the facts and understandings, you will be tortured...this is not a mindset of trying to understand, but rather pushing a mindset that rejects information.

Yes, Science and Religion are different..religion demands perpetual ignorance, science rips curtains down to see what is making the great Oz appear. And if a deity requires such ignorance, then first off, it is a flawed creator for even giving us the ability to want to understand, but moreso, it is an unworthy deity whom does not allow..hell, even reward..us trying to understand the universe around us.

So, Atheists are correct here...even if there is a deity...because I would rather think freely in hell, than be diminished and ignore the gifts of logic, reason, and understanding in heaven. I couldn't imagine such a heaven could exist where the demand is that people deny thought, contemplation, and expression frankly, therefore the biblical god is a paradox in itself.

The guy in the video has a good sense of humor though, so thats good.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Badgers???

Amen.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Put atheists in their place.
Interesting...and what exactly is the place of an atheist?

in their own little world where the self becomes god of others just after the State department...

I believe in the big bang, it makes so much sense I hardly hold myself upright considering how much money these physicist must make... but why did we ever seek an explanation in the first place?

edit on 17-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To ME, it's simple....

I don't need to believe in a religion to believe that there is someone or something that exists behind creation.

What created the laws of physics? Why do atoms bond with other atoms to form more complex elements? Who made that RULE that is followed in every nook and cranny of our known universe? How did duality form? How is the absence of one thing, the existence of another? (such as light and darkness)

I don't need to believe in a book to know that there is something special about how nature behaves. I have a very strong understanding of the sciences, and no matter how far back or forward you go, you just have to keep asking the same question... HOW or WHY? Then ask yourself, WHY do we continue to ask those questions?

Even if you believe in the Big Bang, or you believe in brane theory (multiple universes), how did they get there? How did the rules that govern them come to be? There is a reason we call them LAWS of physics... in our understanding, they are unbreakable, but even if you could break those rules, something was designed to allow it, otherwise you couldn't. They happened naturally? Well, even nature has rules that it follows, such as physics, so again, how did they get there and why are they followed?

We continue to cut matter into smaller and smaller pieces and never seem to get to the end of the rope because in all likelihood, it is infinite. A number can go on forever in either direction, so how did that come to be and why can't we find the source of energy in all matter? (we're currently stuck on quantum physics and quarks)

Remember... science was started from philosophy, which arose from the questioning of religion. When people thought everything was "because of God", some people questioned it, which gave rise to philosophical debates and discussions. Those discussions were about the natural world and phenomenon that were repeatable and observable, that could be explained by something logically. This eventually became more disciplined and evolved into the sciences we have today. So there is a definite place where science and God part ways, but they always end up meeting face to face.

One thing we do know is that it is impossible to create something from nothing, so even if you believe in a Singularity like Hawking or others, HOW did it get there and WHY? I can't answer that, and neither can anyone else, so until that time, I will believe in a Creator that is greater than our feeble minds can comprehend.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

S&F for the thread,

S for that post,

Amen

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

S&F for the thread,

S for that post,

Amen

Thank you.

I'm really curious how an atheist would answer those questions... I've gone against some staunch atheists who couldn't and had to rethink their position on a "Creator" of some kind.

Would love to see what people come back with.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I have to give scientists some credit. They've displayed alot of intelligence and resilience creating the theory of evolution. BUT, in the end they lose

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

They can't.

Atheist scientists and physicists and astrologers slave away their entire lives, trying to answer questions they'll never answer, when the answer is right in front of them for anyone to see (God), but that's can't be, because God doesn't exist (in their 'HIGHLY' intelligent minds),

Whatever.

Not my fault fools claim to be wise in our society, and are hailed as heroes and leading minds of our time,
while people with real knowledge and real wisdom, are mocked and cast away as nutjobs or fruitcakes

Look at fools like Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Neil Degross - all hailed as being among the "brightest" minds of our time, all atheists who lack ANY spiritual insight, spiritual depth, spiritual knowledge, these men have no souls outside of their own flesh they're so self absorbed, arrogant and prideful.

And I don't care if anyone takes offense to this,

Yes atheists, YOU who say there IS NO GOD, I am calling YOU a FOOL!

What now?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You know God exists, and he must have a sense of humor... look at the platypus!

Try nipples, on a man.

new topics

top topics

join