It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Vegetarians Return to Eating Meat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by InTheLight

These guys are apparently 97% Vegan

www.google.com...

They are strikingly strong and healthy looking.

I was a vegan for two years by choice, but became progressively ill from lack of B12 (supposedly found only in meat), so my doctor advised I start eating it again.
edit on 21-4-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Vitamin B12 is found in seaweed
I am not actually a Vegan I eat fish vegetables fruit grains etc

So why then did my doctor not advise me to eat seaweed instead of meat?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

www.google.com...

I was a vegan for two years by choice, but became progressively ill from lack of B12 (supposedly found only in meat), so my doctor advised I start eating it again.

Because he was probably ignorant of the facts or biased against Vegan diets as many are
Doctors do not know everything or disease would be a thing of the past

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

www.google.com...

Because he was probably ignorant of the facts or biased against Vegan diets as many are
Doctors do not know everything or disease would be a thing of the past

I truely believe that was true back twenty years ago when I went back to eating meat, are you saying the same ignorance still prevails with doctors?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You posted
I truely believe that was true back twenty years ago when I went back to eating meat, are you saying the same ignorance still prevails with doctors?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response is
Medical care has come leaps and bounds over the decades yet in some respects has also taken steps backward in basic care of the patient = or it is so in UK. I am speaking from my experience having known doctors and nurses over the years.
All too often drugs are thrown at a problem - yet drugs only deal in symptoms and not causes.
Drugs often can and do cause further problems
Doctors are fallable is what I am saying - always were and are today - we should not place them on pedestals

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

www.google.com...

Most vegetarian made food is fortified with B12. Cereals are fortified with B12. Red Star (T-6635+) Yeast has B12. Soy milk has B12. Or you could simply take a supplement. You only need a small amount, in fact if you take too much B12 your body has trouble absorbing it and you end up getting less. So if you eat a lot of meat you ain't getting enough B12 either.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Look what I found...huh:

From the blurb: Carnivory is behind the evolutionary success of humankind. When early humans started to eat meat and eventually hunt, their new, higher-quality diet meant that women could wean their children earlier. Women could then give birth to more children during their reproductive life, which is a possible contribution to the population gradually spreading over the world.

The connection between eating meat and a faster weaning process is shown by a research group from Lund University in Sweden, which compared close to 70 mammalian species and found clear patterns.

Learning to hunt was a decisive step in human evolution. Hunting necessitated communication, planning and the use of tools, all of which demanded a larger brain. At the same time, adding meat to the diet made it possible to develop this larger brain.

www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

So why are Humans the only meat eating animal to become intelligent?

Know one can say if we didn't eat meat we would have developed in a better way. Maybe we would all be living in harmony with nature, instead of perverting it.

Eating meat is probably what made us so aggressive, and helped create systems that exploit and kill other people.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

That is a very interesting theory about human agressiveness. If prey was scarce and one tribe was competing with another tribe for the kill and if the whole tribe's survival depended on that kill, then of course there would be all out war.

As for other animals/less intelligence, it must be that opposable thumb coming into use in the tool and weaponry making for cleaning/cooking and hunting purposes.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

BTw heres a link to a vegan bodybuilding site. Why dont you tell them they are unhealtthy or tired or whatever. However the people shown on that site just goes and blows your theory out of the water dosent it

The ignorance is amazing here. Your link and video prove nothing. None of these guys can compete with meat eaters first off, second I did not say everyone who is a vegetarian is unhealthy some body types can tolerate it just fine. I have done a lot of weight training over the years and many guys who claim to be vegetarians where supplementing with creatine and or protiens from meats eggs and milk. So unless you can verify a guys diet I would not be so quick to assume they are strict vegetarians.

And to all the fools telling me I must have not ate right please just can it...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The ignorance is amazing here. Your link and video prove nothing. None of these guys can compete with meat eaters first off.

You have a nerve calling people ignorant. There are many successful veggie athletes who beat meat eaters all the time.

As I have explained, there is nothing in meat you can't get from other foods, it's that simple.

One popular wrong notion is that vegans are frail and skinny. *laughs* My power has increased since becoming vegan, especially my endurance, and I almost never get ill anymore. It’s true that I lost some pounds, but to most people that would mean no harm

Another misconception is that veganism means to eat only grass and fruits all day. It couldn’t be further from the truth! People imagine their usual meal without the meat, the dairy and the eggs, and wonder what’s left. But there is a whole new world of taste to discover and savor! I really learned to cook, and nobody could say “No” to my girlfriend’s vegan Tiramisu!

www.veganbodybuilding.com...

Alexander Dargatz is a world champion bodybuilder.

In December 2005, Alexander Dargatz won the World Champion Body-builder title, and headlines in Germany read, “German Vegan is Named Body-building World Champion in 2005!” The article went on to point out that Mr. Dargatz, of Frankfurt, competed against eleven other body-builders and went on to win a complete victory in the fitness class!

www.godsdirectcontact.org.tw...

second I did not say everyone who is a vegetarian is unhealthy some body types can tolerate it just fine. I have done a lot of weight training over the years and many guys who claim to be vegetarians where supplementing with creatine and or protiens from meats eggs and milk. So unless you can verify a guys diet I would not be so quick to assume they are strict vegetarians.

And to all the fools telling me I must have not ate right please just can it...

We are all the same lol, we all require the same nutrients. Get a clue, and stop calling people who know what they talking about ignorant. It's obvious you didn't eat right lol.

edit on 4/22/2012 by ANOK because: it's a commie take-over Harry

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I see you're just going to repeat the same militant veggie non-sense over and over... Sometimes lack of proteins and animal fats limits brain function in vegetarians and you get this behavior... The Moonies use vegetarianism to brainwash their recruits....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

we dont need animal fats thats the point you seem to fail to understand........you can get all your fats in the right concentrations from hemp oil. including omega 3 6

the only reason we are able to metabolise animal fats in the 1st place is so we can drink our mothers milk when we were babies. Sheesh some ppl will argue the sky is pink when it is clearly blue.....
edit on 23-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
reply to post by hawkiye

we dont need animal fats thats the point you seem to fail to understand........you can get all your fats in the right concentrations from hemp oil. including omega 3 6

the only reason we are able to metabolise animal fats in the 1st place is so we can drink our mothers milk when we were babies. Sheesh some ppl will argue the sky is pink when it is clearly blue.....
edit on 23-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

Yeah cause everyone eats hemp oil.... Sigh. If you want to believe that crap be my guest there is no reasoning with people who are emotionally attached to their false beliefs even in the face of hard evidence.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

About 30–35% of the weight of hempseed is an edible oil that contains about 80% as essential fatty acids (EFAs); i.e., linoleic acid, omega-6 (LA, 55%), alpha-linolenic acid, omega-3 (ALA, 22%), in addition to gamma-linolenic acid, omega-6 (GLA, 1–4%) and stearidonic acid, omega-3 (SDA, 0–2%).
The proportions of linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid in one tablespoon per day (15 ml) of hempseed oil easily provides human daily requirements for EFAs. Unlike flaxseed oil, hempseed oil can be used continuously without developing a deficiency or other imbalance of EFAs. This has been demonstrated in a clinical study, where the daily ingestion of flaxseed oil decreased the endogenous production of GLA.[5]
In common with other oils, hempseed oil provides 9 kcal/g. Compared with other culinary oils it is low in saturated fatty acids.[6]

you can get this information from any website on hemp oil nutrition

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by ANOK

There are good fats and bad fats, meat is full of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fats

So says big pharma to keep peddling those anti cholesterol drugs when it has been proven that is not the cause heart disease organic animal fats are in fact very good for you. But go ahead and keep repeating out dated rhetoric you have been fed and don't do any research on it even though some has already been posted on this thread. We'll just have to agree to disagree... Sigh!

Animal proteins cause cancer and promote the growth of existing cancer. You are the one citing outdated research, my friend. Why would Big Pharma be against people eating meat when it is shown to CAUSE cancer?

www.thechinastudy.com...

Give it a read.

I'm going to quote this post because the OP seems to have overlooked it. It is quite a useful bit of information, and is actually the largest sample taken in the history of this kind of research.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I'm going to quote this post because the OP seems to have overlooked it. It is quite a useful bit of information, and is actually the largest sample taken in the history of this kind of research.

It is not a useful bit of information it is too broad based and does not take into account all the other variables in 3 world diets especially the quality of the meats supposedly consumed it is again a one size fits all and meat is meat despite what the animals are fed and how they are raised etc. Something the militant veggies continue to fail to grasp as they are too emotionally attached to their false beliefs.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

It is not a useful bit of information it is too broad based and does not take into account all the other variables in 3 world diets especially the quality of the meats supposedly consumed it is again a one size fits all and meat is meat despite what the animals are fed and how they are raised etc. Something the militant veggies continue to fail to grasp as they are too emotionally attached to their false beliefs.

Are you kidding me?

Not only does it take into account quality of meats, it takes into account age of the meat used, the food that the source animals were raised on, the geographical topography of the land that the animals were raised on, environmental factors such as pollution and more factors than I could possibly fit into a single post.

I take it you haven't read the study, have you?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Are you kidding me?

Not only does it take into account quality of meats, it takes into account age of the meat used, the food that the source animals were raised on, the geographical topography of the land that the animals were raised on, environmental factors such as pollution and more factors than I could possibly fit into a single post.

Maybe you could quote those parts of the study...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Are you kidding me?

Maybe you could quote those parts of the study...

I have absolutely no interest in digging through multiple several hundred page books hunting for quotes. I have given you the tools to do your own research, and I suggest you do. Either you can live in a world of ignorance, or you can read a few books, one of which was taken from a study involving 65 entire counties in China.

Your call.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I have absolutely no interest in digging through multiple several hundred page books hunting for quotes. I have given you the tools to do your own research, and I suggest you do. Either you can live in a world of ignorance, or you can read a few books, one of which was taken from a study involving 65 entire counties in China.

Didn't think so...That's because its not there but you like to talk a lot of crap and act like you read the studies etc, and have all the facts etc. when in fact you haven't got crap except what runs out of your mouth incessantly

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join