It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Vegetarians Return to Eating Meat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

You write

The inhumane actions of vegetarians astounds me. Why do they not respect the sanctity of plant life?
Why do they despise vegetables so much that they will slaughter and eat them?
The shame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I reply

It is not so much despising vegetables - just that they get on my nerves sometimes.
When stressed out by staring at stupid silly little plants there is no better cure than kicking daisy heads off to the sound of Black Sabbath.
Yes I feel thoroughly ashamed
How can I ever look a potato in the eye again without feeling guilt and remorse
I shall consider becoming a breath-airian - I've heard that diet is good for a week or so.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Originally posted by luciddream

The key word is "returned".

People who are born vegetarians stay vegetarians, but people who became vegetarians in the middle if they don't have a strong mind, they will given in.

Lets also remember, in the interest of fairness, that while people born vegetarians might not have mental struggles it's documented that they're physically malnourished.

It's much more health beneficent and non-damaging for an adult to take up a vegetarian diet. A child raised on a vegetarian diet, or god forbid a vegan diet, will end up physically inferior to others.

Vegetarianism in adults should be promoted, vegetarian for children I believe borders on child cruelty.

Could you tell in what way they are malnutritioned? Are you talking about vegetarians that don't drink milk? because those vegetarians are later hybrids that arose from normal vegetarianism(drinks milk).

India, its probably the #1 country in being vegetarian, about 40% of 1.2 Billion population are vegtarians, about 10% in that are vegetarians who eat eggs(debatable vegetarians), other 30% are vegetarians that drink milk(actual vegetarians).

I don't see any vegetarians in India being malnutritioned, could you like me to the article that says it makes them physically malnutritioned? there are many food other than meat that offer high protein with less fat, as well as there are food with healthy fat, like ghee, yogurt, milk, etc,

(im a meat eater from a vegan family)

You must be pulling my leg? Indians healthy? Don't make me laugh.

But go on, why not tell us the difference in size between vegetarian Indians and meat eating Indians. Compare the meat eating Indians in the West to those little fellas of Ghandi proportion in India. Do the same for the whole of Asia. Let me know what you find

Most Western Indians are about 6'2 and built, most Indians in India are about 5'8 and boy size
edit on 18-4-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)

Wow, someone only grew up with TV and Slumdog Millionaire.

in the 1.2 Billion population, the country has lot of poverty stricken areas, called the slums, and TVs really like to show that off.

edit: there is also difference between normal, build and malnutritioned.
edit on 4/18/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The key word is "returned".

People who are born vegetarians stay vegetarians, but people who became vegetarians in the middle if they don't have a strong mind, they will given in.

Lets also remember, in the interest of fairness, that while people born vegetarians might not have mental struggles it's documented that they're physically malnourished.

It's much more health beneficent and non-damaging for an adult to take up a vegetarian diet. A child raised on a vegetarian diet, or god forbid a vegan diet, will end up physically inferior to others.

Vegetarianism in adults should be promoted, vegetarian for children I believe borders on child cruelty.

Could you tell in what way they are malnutritioned? Are you talking about vegetarians that don't drink milk? because those vegetarians are later hybrids that arose from normal vegetarianism(drinks milk).

India, its probably the #1 country in being vegetarian, about 40% of 1.2 Billion population are vegtarians, about 10% in that are vegetarians who eat eggs(debatable vegetarians), other 30% are vegetarians that drink milk(actual vegetarians).

I don't see any vegetarians in India being malnutritioned, could you like me to the article that says it makes them physically malnutritioned? there are many food other than meat that offer high protein with less fat, as well as there are food with healthy fat, like ghee, yogurt, milk, etc,

(im a meat eater from a vegan family)

You must be pulling my leg? Indians healthy? Don't make me laugh.

But go on, why not tell us the difference in size between vegetarian Indians and meat eating Indians. Compare the meat eating Indians in the West to those little fellas of Ghandi proportion in India. Do the same for the whole of Asia. Let me know what you find

Most Western Indians are about 6'2 and built, most Indians in India are about 5'8 and boy size
edit on 18-4-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)

Wow, someone only grew up with TV and Slumdog Millionaire.

in the 1.2 Billion population, the country has lot of poverty stricken areas, called the slums, and TVs really like to show that off.

edit: there is also difference between normal, build and malnutritioned.
edit on 4/18/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Give over. You're judging Indians on Western standards, where they eat meat and get good nutrition. Go to Indian, see how frail their vegetarians are.

The facts prove it. They're coming. I'm just giving you a day and some rope, before putting up the facts.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This is ridiculous and misleading. People don't get sick and weak from being vegetarian, they get sick and weak from not eating correctly.

A lot of people think they can just remove the meat from the plate, and eat the veggies that are left.

To be a healthy veggie you have to be very careful about what you eat. We get a lot of nutrients from meat that are harder to get from other foods, it's not that you can't get them, but you have to eat the right stuff. You have to cook your own food, not just a hamburger without the meat like a lot of people do. You have to increase grains, fruits and nuts, something we normally don't eat much of. Lot's of variety, not just peas and carrots lol.

We are not educated well enough on what foods we're supposed to eat, people just assume as long as they are eating something they are getting enough nutrients.

Vegetarian diet: How to get the best nutrition A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthy way to meet your nutritional needs. Find out what you need to know about a plant-based diet.

Eating meat is less healthy than being a vegetarian, but not eating the right foods is more unhealthy than either.

edit on 4/18/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by hawkiye

This is ridiculous and misleading. People don't get sick and weak from being vegetarian, they get sick and weak from not eating correctly.

A lot of people think they can just remove the meat from the plate, and eat the veggies that are left.

To be a healthy veggie you have to be very careful about what you eat. We get a lot of nutrients from meat that are harder to get from other foods, it's not that you can't get them, but you have to eat the right stuff. You have to cook your own food, not just a hamburger without the meat like a lot of people do. You have to increase grains, fruits and nuts, something we normally don't eat much of. Lot's of variety, not just peas and carrots lol.

We are not educated well enough on what foods we're supposed to eat, people just assume as long as they are eating something they are getting enough nutrients.

Vegetarian diet: How to get the best nutrition A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthy way to meet your nutritional needs. Find out what you need to know about a plant-based diet.

Eating meat is less healthy than being a vegetarian, but not eating the right foods is more unhealthy than either.

Its not ridiculous the study cited many people (and myself included) that have taken the time to know and understand the right foods to eat on a vegetarian diet and still got weak etc. Your the one making the assumption here that anyone who gets weak on a veggie diet is not eating right. Again this is asserting a one size fits all that anyone can be a vegetarian with no problems or side affects if they just eat the right foods which is simply not true.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Its not ridiculous the study cited many people (and myself included) that have taken the time to know and understand the right foods to eat on a vegetarian diet and still got weak etc. Your the one making the assumption here that anyone who gets weak on a veggie diet is not eating right. Again this is asserting a one size fits all that anyone can be a vegetarian with no problems or side affects if they just eat the right foods which is simply not true.

I disagree, sorry.

There is nothing in meat we can't get from other foods.

People think they won't get enough 'protein', but that is nonsense. You have been made obsessed with something that is not as important as you think. It's just one of many nutrients you need. Too much protein is not good for you.

It's been estimated that the average person in this country eats two - six times more protein, usually from animals, than is needed for good nutrition. At it's most extreme, our protein fixation has led to the popularity of high-protein low-carb weight loss diets, condemned by doctors and nutritionists from coast to coast.

www.savvyvegetarian.com...

This was done simply to make profit from you. More profit in meat products than in grains and vegetables etc. The raising of cattle for meat production is wasteful, damaging to the environment, and contributes to starvation. Land used to raise cattle can feed far more people if used to grow crops.

It's the myth of 'complete proteins' from animal flesh being better. That isn't true, they're just simpler, because you have to combine none-meat foods to get the same proteins. It's just simply understanding nutrition, what foods to eat to get the right nutrients.

omplete protein isn't superior to incomplete protein - it's just simpler. Animal protein supplies in one food (e.g. an egg or steak) what vegetable proteins supply in two (e.g. beans and rice). Either way, you're covered. The proteins are made of the same amino acids, and the chemistry is exactly the same, no matter the food source.

www.savvyvegetarian.com...

Sorry but this should be considered a hoax imo. Misleading article.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It is a fact meat is a complete protein. A complete protein or whole protein is a protein that contains all of the essential amino acids. Again you are applying a one size fits all referring to the factory meat industry. Those things do not apply to organic meat properly raised. I have lived it personally and there is a reasons why 75% of vegetarians return to meat eating and it is not just because they weren't all eating right or brainwashed by the meat industry

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

It is a fact meat is a complete protein. A complete protein or whole protein is a protein that contains all of the essential amino acids. Again you are applying a one size fits all referring to the factory meat industry. Those things do not apply to organic meat properly raised. I have lived it personally and there is a reasons why 75% of vegetarians return to meat eating and it is not just because they weren't all eating right or brainwashed by the meat industry

Again no I'm not lol.

Yes meat is a complete protein, because it has all the amino acids but that doesn't make it better, just makes it simpler, because you only have to eat the one food. To get the SAME amino acids from veggie based diet you have to COMBINE foods to get all the amino acids. That is the only difference.

You can get all the amino acids you need by combining other foods so again NO ONE needs to eat meat, they ONLY need to eat correctly to be healthy.

Deny ignorance...

What is a complementary protein?

Plant proteins tend to be limited in one or more essential amino acids. For example, beans are low in the amino acid lysine, while rice is rich in lysine.

When the amino acids from two or more foods together make up a complete protein with sufficient levels of all the essential amino acids, these food pairings are called "complementary proteins".

Examples include grains and legumes or legumes and seeds and nuts.

People following a vegetarian diet must eat protein foods that have complementary proteins so that the essential amino acids missing from one protein food can be supplied by another.
What are some examples of complementary proteins?

Beans and tortillas
Peanut butter sandwich
Macaroni and cheese
Tofu with rice
Hummus with pita bread
Chickpeas and rice

altmedicine.about.com...

This is why vegetarians get sick because they don't know how to eat properly as a vegetarian.

edit on 4/19/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Its not just about protein the fats are different, the densities are different etc. You can continue to repeat the militant veggie line that one size fits all and if you combine the right veggies you'll never have a problem no matter who you are. Many have done just that and had problems myself included. There are many different body types that is a scientific fact.

Oh and you are wrong too sprouted grains are complete proteins. I eat those and I do no get the same kind of energy from them as from organic free range meats and I still am hungry. I have been a vegan for over a couple years before as I said I had problems. The human body has developed over millions of years in many different environments it stands to reason that there are many different types... Deny Ignorance!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been a vegan for closing in on 2 decades.

Everyone in my family has had cancer.

Every. Single. Person.

Everyone in my family has diabetes.

Every. Single. Person.

Multiple people in my family have died of heart disease.

I have no cancer , no diabetes, and no sign of cardiovascular problems.

People can say what they want to about vegans/vegetarians, but it works for me, and I'm not about to change.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
I have been a vegan for closing in on 2 decades.

Everyone in my family has had cancer.

Every. Single. Person.

Everyone in my family has diabetes.

Every. Single. Person.

Multiple people in my family have died of heart disease.

I have no cancer , no diabetes, and no sign of cardiovascular problems.

People can say what they want to about vegans/vegetarians, but it works for me, and I'm not about to change.

Well I guess that negates millions of meat eaters who have never had cancer diabetes or heart diseases... Sigh!
edit on 19-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Is your ego so fragile that you have to jump to my personal story and attempt to claim I am making some sweeping statement about the larger sample? Please reread my statement and notice where I clearly marked it as my own observations about myself and the genetic makeup of my family.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Its not just about protein the fats are different, the densities are different etc. You can continue to repeat the militant veggie line that one size fits all and if you combine the right veggies you'll never have a problem no matter who you are. Many have done just that and had problems myself included. There are many different body types that is a scientific fact.

Oh and you are wrong too sprouted grains are complete proteins. I eat those and I do no get the same kind of energy from them as from organic free range meats and I still am hungry. I have been a vegan for over a couple years before as I said I had problems. The human body has developed over millions of years in many different environments it stands to reason that there are many different types... Deny Ignorance!

LOL no they're not, but fats from meat are not essential for our diet. What has density have to do with it?

There are good fats and bad fats, meat is full of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fats. Veggies and fruits etc., have the good fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. It is the MIX of fats you eat that is important, not the amount.

I am not repeating the 'veggie line', I am simply telling you the truth, and denying ignorance.

www.helpguide.org...

Again just because you think you feel hungry after eating sprouted grains it doesn't mean you are not getting the right nutrition, maybe if you are still hungry you didn't eat enough. Feeling full does not mean the food was healthy. How does that make ME wrong, this is known nutrition facts, not something I'm making up.

edit on 4/19/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

There are good fats and bad fats, meat is full of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fats

So says big pharma to keep peddling those anti cholesterol drugs when it has been proven that is not the cause of heart disease. Organic animal fats are in fact very good for you. But go ahead and keep repeating out dated rhetoric you have been fed and don't do any research on it even though some has already been posted on this thread. We'll just have to agree to disagree... Sigh!

Again just because you think you feel hungry after eating sprouted grains it doesn't mean you are not getting the right nutrition, maybe if you are still hungry you didn't eat enough. Feeling full does not mean the food was healthy. How does that make ME wrong, this is known nutrition facts, not something I'm making up.

Assume a lot do you? Your a joke trying to tell me what I am doing... Again I was a vegan for a couple years I have researched this more then most. I am an organic gardener I know all the supposed ins and outs of being a vegetarian and was very careful along with many others. How ridiculous of you to try and tell me "well gee maybe you did not eat enough" So am I supposed to eat a whole loaf of sprouted grains bread before I stop feeling hungry? How idiotic. You just can't face up to facts that don't agree with your attachment to your emotional false beliefs. The fact is there is not one size fits all and you are the epitome of ignorant militant vegatarians that give the rest a bad name... Moving on...

edit on 19-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

There are good fats and bad fats, meat is full of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fats

So says big pharma to keep peddling those anti cholesterol drugs when it has been proven that is not the cause heart disease organic animal fats are in fact very good for you. But go ahead and keep repeating out dated rhetoric you have been fed and don't do any research on it even though some has already been posted on this thread. We'll just have to agree to disagree... Sigh!

Animal proteins cause cancer and promote the growth of existing cancer. You are the one citing outdated research, my friend. Why would Big Pharma be against people eating meat when it is shown to CAUSE cancer?

www.thechinastudy.com...

Give it a read.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

err if u felt hungry eating a vegan diet than you cant of been eating verywell or know how to eat. Vegan diet is all about eating small portions through out the day, not having one or 2 big meals a day. To eat properly on a Vegan diet or any other diet for that matter you must eat at the time when acid is pouring into your stomach. To have a vegan diet you have to prepare meals in advance and have different types of foods through out the day.

BTw heres a link to a vegan bodybuilding site. Why dont you tell them they are unhealtthy or tired or whatever. However the people shown on that site just goes and blows your theory out of the water dosent it.

Heres another guy who is vegan

and below another

edit to add. Vit B12 is found in wheatgrass and all types of seaweed. You can get seaweed in tablet form.
edit on 21-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
These guys are apparently 97% Vegan

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

www.google.com...

They are strikingly strong and healthy looking.

I was a vegan for two years by choice, but became progressively ill from lack of B12 (supposedly found only in meat), so my doctor advised I start eating it again.
edit on 21-4-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

www.google.com...

I was a vegan for two years by choice, but became progressively ill from lack of B12 (supposedly found only in meat), so my doctor advised I start eating it again.

Yes exactly - so too Elephants and Horses - so Vegan diet making one weak is a myth
You wont find those guys in a McDonalds

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

www.google.com...

Vitamin B12 is found in seaweed
I am not actually a Vegan I eat fish vegetables fruit grains etc

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join