It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Scott Brown: Bill targets tax scofflaws in Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Scott Brown: Bill targets tax scofflaws in Congress
By Associated Press -- Boston Herald
Saturday, April 14, 2012

Senator Scott Brown (R, MA) is attempting to muster support for a bill that would make it easier for the IRS to collect back taxes owed by members of Congress and Federal employees.

It seems we have a problem.

An IRS report shows that something like 98,000 Federal employees are tax delinquents from 2010 and owe more than $1 billion !!!

Outrageous and inexcusable since they all make exorbitant salaries paid for by You and Me

I say forget legislation.

I say forget immunity.

I say arrest all delinquent employees including Congressional members and freeze all assets immediately.

No exceptions and No waivers.

I don't care who they think they are.

Arrogant vermin.

The IRS report is not in the article.

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown is pushing a new bill that he said would make it easier to collect back taxes from federal workers and members of Congress.

The Massachusetts Republican said that a recent report by the Internal Revenue Service showed that in 2010, 98,000 federal employees owed a combined $1 billion in back taxes.

Brown said members and employees of the U.S. Senate alone owed over $2 million.

The bill would require members and employees of Congress and federal employees who file financial disclosures forms to report any delinquent tax liability to the appropriate ethics office and come up with a plan to pay off the taxes.

Those who fail to arrange a payment plan with the IRS within a year could have those back taxes taken directly out of their wages.

Not Good Enough !!

Arrest them N-O-W !!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They could start with the Obama Administration and work out from there.

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama’s executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven’t paid any share, let alone their fair share.

Previous reports have shown how well-paid Obama’s White House staff is, with 457 aides pulling down more than $37 million last year. That’s up seven workers and nearly $4 million from the Bush administration’s last year.

Nearly one-third of Obama’s aides make more than $100,000 with 21 being paid the top White House salary of $172,200, each.

The IRS’ 2010 delinquent tax revelations come as part of a required annual agency report on federal employees’ tax compliance. Turns out, an awful lot of folks being paid by taxpayers are not paying their own income taxes.

Obama has got some house keeping to do!!

news.investors.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have a suggestion. A typical simple Rabbit kind of solution.

Congress seems quite content to discuss restricting our travel options as Americans for tax debt. Okay, well two can play at this kind of game.

If the Government leadership and those working the thousands of jobs beneath them cannot see fit to pay their fair taxes back to that Government they serve, fine. Fine. We can't solve BOTH ends of that problem since we can't force people to pay things. We can solve ONE side of it though. Lets make this so simple, even Congress gets it and it can be written for law on ONE PAGE.

If you owe taxes more than 1 year in arrears, you cannot work for the Government. That means you, Mr Congressman, Senator and even the President. It absolutely means the bean counter at the local government office and everyone in between.

If they are elected? Oh.. even better. I smell a teachable moment here. We can easily see the ethics rules altered in both houses of Congress to make major delinquency issues a MAJOR offense handled by settling the debt immediately or by removal from office, immediately. Congress has 100% of the authority to make that change and enforce it. I dare them to do it and prove us all wrong about how corrupt every last one of them is.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That is hilarious the people who are going after Americans and their "swiss accounts" are tax evaders watching the news today about around 1800 Americans have renounced their citizenship because of tax stupidity.

How more hypocritical can they get?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I love that idea wrabbit....and I hope Brown can get this thru...

Why can't the government ie: the IRS just take it out of their government pay? They seem to be able to take whatever they want from regular Joes.

This is just another example of why we need a flat or fair tax also...to many opportunities to cheat.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I heard this today to, Neo, I never knew if you work in another country and keep you US citizenship, you have to pay income tax to the US...and I am sure the country they are working in is collecting from them also.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Put them on no-fly list. If they can't pay there taxes they don't need to waste our money going and working BS deals with China and so on. Let them stay home and fix there own mess befor trying to create another.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When I owed money for state taxes they simply garnished my check until it was paid.
But I do like WRabbits' suggestion.

-or- maybe we could convince their mistresses &etc. to forego any "amenities" until they pay up.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

S&F I'm with you but I have little faith that even this little step will get any traction. Who thinks these bozos will police themselves??

Things are out of control. Our emperor and our do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do elected officials are beyond corrupt. I say we need to throw them all out and start fresh...that goes for both sides of the isle. 

Enough is enough... 

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by xuenchen

S&F I'm with you but I have little faith that even this little step will get any traction. Who thinks these bozos will police themselves??

Things are out of control. Our emperor and our do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do elected officials are beyond corrupt. I say we need to throw them all out and start fresh...that goes for both sides of the isle. 

Enough is enough... 

I agree.

It is just political appeasement.

That's why I say the Hell with the legislation.

Just arrest the bastards. and place them on unpaid leave until the problems are solved.

top topics

join