It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to improve the world, or (USA). Hate mine please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wasn't sure on what to name this thread or where to put it, so I choose Philosophy as I think it fits! As it's my ideas on what could happen to improve the world. Please tell me I'm crazy, it will or won't work, or that you think it would work better another way. Also please tell us all if you have your own ideas on what could or should happen.

Here are a few of my thoughts.

Everyone is complaining about how the world is heading for a default in currency, due to the USA Dollar failing. We know this due to the millions out of work, and jobs being lost to other countries. We also know this as the USA in so far in debt that the hope of it ever being repaid is becoming more of a dream. No one seems to be looking at the real problems, or offering any kind of sane solutions. I have a few.

1. we need to strengthen the dollar and get America back working. I say, lets TAX imports to the country. Lets raise them to a point where it becomes unfeasible to import anything into the country. Lets try a 500% tax and raise it till no other country will import any longer.

This will force companies to manufacture at home. Force them to build and produce to the people who buy the products. Force them to create jobs, and offer the products at an affordable price. Then you get the made in America stamp of approval as well.

Then lets lower the export tax down to almost nothing. Lets say around 2%. Then you have these companies returning and building and manufacturing. They will automatically start to export their goods to other countries. as long as the export tax is lower than another countries import tax, then we got sales.

I know how reliant the USA is on big oil and other resources and I will get to that. The USA loves its imports of oil.

2. Everyone needs a place to live and the costs keep going up. Electric bills keep climbing, gas keeps going up, water, sewer, cable. What if I told you we could end that reliance on almost all these things in a few short years. "what, no one can offer that" you say. Well here we go down the rabbit hole.

We pass a law which states that "All new buildings have to operate on 110% free energy!" That's right, all of them. Factories/high rises/apartments/condos/businesses/houses/and even trailers. Imagine every new building being built like this. Your power and heat are free. why use gas any more?

Every new building would also feed back 10% of it's energy creation back into the grid for others to use free. this would lower other peoples bills as well, and also take away from the reliance of oil and gas. How you say........I'll get to that.

This is going to create MASSIVE amounts of jobs. people are going to need to be trained in solar and wind power and alternative types of energy. We will also need specialized installers and architects. Lots of R&D into designs and implementations. Sure it will cost more initially for these buildings. After a while it will just become the norm and like all good cost cutting people, the costs will go down over time.

After this has been implemented for a number of years and just when people are getting used to the way of things. That's when we implement that ALL buildings need to be retrofitted or rebuilt in this way! We give a time table as well, like 5-10 years. After that, heavy fines for non-compliance!

The USA would be 110% energy efficient and selling it's excess power to others. This would also break open the automobile industry as free power would be the norm. Everyone could fill up their cars on free energy, anywhere! Think about it. Why is this not being done already? This is what I imagined when Obama offered Change to his people.......NOT what the USA actually got!

Still with me so far? Now I'm really gonna snap your mind into oblivion and beyond!

#3 We make "BLANK" LEGAL! We make it so legal in fact that we offer tax incentives to farmers that grow it. Essentially, if you grow it for factory use, you do not pay taxes on it. This would revolutionize the world as we know it today. Also creating jobs, and sustainability of the farm land. I'll explain, but am not going to get into the moral bullshyt debate on it.

It grows like a "blank" even in the harshest of conditions. Making it a perfect plant to grow for a full year, and then plow it under. This brings back every nutrient and mineral your land needs to grow perfect crops in following years. you will want it to sit for a year vacant after the grow and continue to work it.

It's also a plant where the fibers are better quality, and last longer. Perfect for foods as its a whole plant which offers many benefits to diet. Perfect for cloths as the durability is better than anything we currently use. Perfect for paper/plastics/oil, and everything else. Perfect for natural pain medication.

Think of what we could know about this plants usefulness if it didn't have the stigma that has been attached to it.

This plant alone is going to create millions of jobs and R&D and manufacturing. It's a shame it's not used to its full potential.

We all know it's misunderstood almost everywhere. I still stand by the fact that those who are gonna abuse it, are gonna abuse it, weather it's legal or not.

So then, this is my little thread to the world! I would very much like to hear your thoughts on it. I know that it's not perfect, and will probably not happen, due to the amount of brainwashing so many have been afflicted with. I just wanted to share and see what everyone else thinks.

What are some BIG things that you would like to see happen in this world?
edit on 17-4-2012 by theclutch because: BLANK extra DIV

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm on your side buddy, but sadly mentioning weed ( as practical and amazing it may be )
It's T&C violation. Maybe you'll get lucky and your thread won't get deleted...

Anyhow peace!
There's a reason why it's illegal and it ain't because of possible harm, just sayin...

And what you've been mentioning is what I would like to see happen in this world. But it won't, you know it, I know it. Such a shame...
edit on 17-4-2012 by NoLoveInFear46and2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
#4 We make all taxes and fees into one TAX! The 10% tax that all the religious people know about! We take the power the government has over us with this one Tax. If they can not operate on a 10% tax then they are not doing their jobs and need to be fired!

We take away all hidden fees! No more property taxes at all! 10% should be sufficient if the government is downsized. They would have to downsize if all they had was 10% to work with.

It should be illegal to tax anything more than that. Watch any country grow if the people are allowed to grow.

I for one would have no problem giving 10% right off my pay check. But that's it. no land tax, no goods or services tax. Just everyone pays this tax. no ways around it. No tire tax. No road tax. No bridge tax. No nothing.

Businesses pay 10% off of profits only. How much could a country grow with this in place?

Lets discuss!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

opps, hope it doesn't get deleted! I'll fix now! There it is fixed now, and I hope this is ok! If needed I'll just delete #3 in it's entirety!
edit on 17-4-2012 by theclutch because: (no reason given)
Thanks for pointing this out to me!
edit on 17-4-2012 by theclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
if you raise the import tax to a stupid ammount then every other country will do the same to american goods which will make the export market useless to american goods unless they are totally unique and cant be made anywhere else which is a very small margin and will grow smaller over time

if you want to restore the economy you need to look at what americans want and is hard to provide from outside america which is guns, make it mandatory that every american citizen 18-65 has to have a rifle of a certain caliber and each year has to qualify for it but each year they get a box of ammo for the rifle and the rifle is provided free to each citizen along with maintenance etc so all you have to do is turn up once a year hit a target and job done along with a fresh box of ammo, now imagine thats 200 ish million rifles needing to be made along with a stupid number of slugs per year should certainly keep alot of americans in jobs and with the reduced need for police forces/state troops it would probably be a winner

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
1. we need to strengthen the dollar and get America back working. I say, lets TAX imports to the country. Lets raise them to a point where it becomes unfeasible to import anything into the country. Lets try a 500% tax and raise it till no other country will import any longer.

The dangers of import taxes is that you've completely totally forgotten that the USA also exports items to the rest of the world. The rest of the world now puts 500 percent tax on American products and all those exports die a quick death.
In the past, the USA has been able to convince other countries to all American exports in at low (or no) cost because the USA has led by example. Once your policy comes in this wont work and American exports are toast.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
2 Facts:

1) People with Power rarely(if ever) give up that Power willingly.

2)Power Corrupts!

Your Ideas have Merit and the implications of such ideas would be Earth Changing.......unfortunately.......

You will never find a Politician who would institute any 'radical' changes to his/her power broker. These Entities; The Banks, Big Business, and certain Highly placed Individuals, would see all of us in pens like cattle before they would tread on the Status Quo. These 'entities' 'OWN' the world we live on(if such a thing can be owned which is a Philosophic question for another place and time)and just attempting to take away their power would result in dismal circumstances for Billions of people.

With that said, only by force do these entities live and only by force will they submit to change.

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

So then raising the import tax will not work! That's to bad. Maybe if the Usa raised it only on certain goods to start? Like any company who has moved out their business to try and escape tax laws? Then decrease taxes on anything made in America to the point where businesses would come back?

I like your idea on the gun thing though. That would certainly create some jobs, and make everyone safer and more defended against threats and government!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I will go with my last rely to max, to address your post!

What do you think of my new proposal?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
2 Facts:

1) People with Power rarely(if ever) give up that Power willingly.

2)Power Corrupts!

Your Ideas have Merit and the implications of such ideas would be Earth Changing.......unfortunately.......

You will never find a Politician who would institute any 'radical' changes to his/her power broker. These Entities; The Banks, Big Business, and certain Highly placed Individuals, would see all of us in pens like cattle before they would tread on the Status Quo. These 'entities' 'OWN' the world we live on(if such a thing can be owned which is a Philosophic question for another place and time)and just attempting to take away their power would result in dismal circumstances for Billions of people.

With that said, only by force do these entities live and only by force will they submit to change.

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I agree with you. These people will only change their ways if they are forced to. I also believe that the only way we are going to be able to force a change, is if we have a change to believe in.

So what do you think we could believe in? I've got 4 written down. My first idea has problems, but maybe by taxing businesses who have bailed on their country for cheaper labor is a viable solution?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

I just have one change that "could" make a difference and that is, To make it ILLEGAL for ANY corporation to have lobbyists for their cause. This alone would bring the Government back to the people. So long as we allow interest groups to define and design our laws we are subject to their whims.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
hehe clever
it has something i would call originality
let me filter this and that out and reply

Originally posted by theclutch

that is the best idea at all !!
fabolous, it'll solve almost everything....but...
the US is so very much dependent on imports you won't believe HOW dependent that is.
The immediate rise of import taxes will all of a sudden cut the US from the essentialst things you and i need for our daylie life.
you say produce it inside the US
YES
Very correct, but the problem is: we do not have the ammount of qualified people to perform this.
Over decades we learned how efficient it is to outsource almost everything to other nations.
Bringing it back onto own territory requires time. Qualify the people to be able to actually produce something would require even more time.
We have the option to do so...al what we not have is ... time .. cause it need to happen right now, not in 10 years.

Then lets lower the export tax down to almost nothing. Lets say around 2%. Then you have these companies returning and building and manufacturing. They will automatically start to export their goods to other countries. as long as the export tax is lower than another countries import tax, then we got sales.

hello ?
since when do we have taxes on export ?
this would mean we would shoot into our own leg, right from start .. i may be wrong and i'm not an expert in economy, but at this time there IS no such export-tax
and there will never be one, cause export is the most essential income for a nation, why should we limit that by a tax ?
On the other hand all these companies already producing our products would start producing for themselfs.
They won't have that much of an income anymore, but on the other hand we won't export these goods anymore cause the factories are already there,
where we would like to export too.

2. Everyone needs a place to live and the costs keep going up. Electric bills keep climbing, gas keeps going up, water, sewer, cable. What if I told you we could end that reliance on almost all these things in a few short years. "what, no one can offer that" you say. Well here we go down the rabbit hole.
We pass a law which states that "All new buildings have to operate on 110% free energy!" That's right, all of them. Factories/high rises/apartments/condos/businesses/houses/and even trailers. Imagine every new building being built like this. Your power and heat are free. why use gas any more?

ehmm ...yup
lets simply ignore that there is no 'free energy' and under no circumstances something would generate 110% out of nothing, but we assume for a moment it is possible, then let me ask... are these new factories we need for ourselves build this way ? yes ?
uh ... too bad ... industry is absolutely incapable to produce for free
lets assume this would work .. it would even require more time we don't have cause it has to happen NOW and the proposed 10 years are now 20 years cause you demand this energy-saving

The USA would be 110% energy efficient and selling it's excess power to others.

who is there to buy our energy ? in these ammounts you offer ?
look at the map .. do you see any other nation bordering us in need of massive ammounts of energy ?
Canada was smarter than us in contructig their own plants, and if mexico evolves like it is currently evolving they just need
petroleum for their lamps in their caves, a stuff we import too like idiots.

This would also break open the automobile industry as free power would be the norm. Everyone could fill up their cars on free energy, anywhere!

ok, we assume there IS free energy, but your plans envison something doable in 30 years from now
30 years is not now...we don't have the time

#3 We make "****" LEGAL! We make it so legal in fact that we offer tax incentives to farmers that grow it. Essentially, if you grow it for factory use, you do not pay taxes on it. This would revolutionize the world as we know it today. Also creating jobs, and sustainability of the farm land. I'll explain, but am not going to get into the moral bullshyt debate on it.

thats great
that gives us some impressions where you get your ideas from ?
i must wave you off at this point because we do have large areas in use for growing corn
along with a growing world population this is what we can export NOW. and all excess territory in growing something would be needed
for your ghost-factories where noone is smart enough to work in.
but legalizing **** would at least lead to having the jobless people lay in front of the factories for better surveying them

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

it will take a very steady hand on the tiller to bring home to america the stuff that should be brought home and not suddenly burden the country with stupid extra costs where for patriotic reasons buying an item at a stupid price will become the norm simply because it is made in the usa even though the costs+wages is more than its sold for

top topics

join