It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fullerene C60 administration doubles rat lifespan with no toxicity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You're right we do have two different strains of DNA, one isn't a back up though.
Mitochondrial DNA is the DNA passed on from our mothers.
The Mitochondria is the power plant for a cell, it provides the energy for it to life and function.
Every cell even sperm cells have Mitochondria , when Meiosis occurs and the Sperm contacts the Egg the Mitochondria from the sperm falls off and does not join the cell.
That is why you can trace Mitochondrial DNA through maternal lines but not paternal.
There is of course a rare case where the sperms tail does not detach and the new cell has Mitochondria from both parents, but that is a very rare case.

If your cells were to have their DNA damaged they couldn't just go to the Mitochondria and copy that DNA as it is not the DNA that tells the cells how to run.
It only allows the Mitochondria how to replicate so each cell has a power source.

As I've said before I'm just a Physicist(in training).
For all I know there might be a back up copy somewhere that I just don't know about.
The Mitochondria though isn't a back up copy, it's our power house.

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
doubles lifespan?!

either this molecule slows down telomeric shortening,
or ,,,

it doesn't!

in which case its just another free-rad scavenger (reduces oxidative stress)...

which one is it?

From what I read in the article it eliminates free radicals.
The whole telomer part came about because a poster was talking about rejuvenating cells and I pointed out that isn't possible unless it involves telomers.
Which the article didn't mention, so I doubt it does affect them.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Pigraphia because: I try not to double post.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

That's interesting. How am I to use the tid bits of info' that tellz me that DNA can be programmed by words; grammatically just as we speak it - our DNA understands it?

Also instant cancer remissions. Isn't that proof that DNA is self-repairable?

Why I am saying this is that I had a realization that DNA concerns a specific body function, but alas I don't have the words to describe what I felt.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with your first paragraph.

As for your second, yes cancer can go into remission and quite fast.
That doesn't mean the cells were repaired though.

I'm going to try and put this in words, as I have the concept down very well in my head I've just never had to put it into words.
So if something isn't clear just point out which part and I will try to clarify.
Please bare with me.

Healthy cells replicate x number of times.
Cell A splits into Cells A and B, where A is the original cell and B is a copy.
Cell A now has x-1 replications left while cell B has X replications left.
Cell A splits again into A and B(prime), Cell B splits into B and B(naught)
Cell A has x-2 replications left Cell B has x-1 replications left, ad Cells B(prime) and B(naught) have x replications left.
When x-y=0 the cell dies.
Cells also die if when replicating they find an error in their code, there is a cellular suicide mechanism/gene to prevent bad replication.

In a cancerous cell when x-y=0 the cell continues to live and makes bad copies, or a bad copy was made and the cellular suicide gene failed.
When this happens Cell A becomes cell Z a cancerous cell.
Cell Z splits into Z and Z(prime) both are bad copies and cannot function.
Cell Z splits into Z(naught) and Cell Z(prime) splits into Z(theta).

The Z cells do not die of natural causes as the above cell does and can only die if the body has the ability to destroy them (natural immune system), through the use of natural cyanide found in various nuts and plants(for some reason most cancer cells metabolisms love cyanide and will go out of their way to absorb it), or through modern treatments which actually kill just as many healthy cells as cancer cells (the hope is you have more healthy cells than cancer cells so they can stop treatment before you die).
The last option is why they are developing targeted treatments like alpha radiation, chemo knifes, injecting chemo right into the cancer etc...
That's what they propose using the C60 for actually, new treatments that don't hurt the body as much.

Okay so that is the life cycle of both types of cells, healthy and cancer cells.
Cancer cells are basically immortal in the fact that they don't die off on their own they must be killed somehow.
Healthy cells die on their own in time as part of a healthy life cycle.
Cancer is dangerous because; the cells replicate fast, and get in the way of healthy cells.
Eventually there are so many bad cells not doing their job that the healthy cells can't even do their job.

The type of instant cancer remissions that you refer to aren't actually the correction of bad cells but the elimination of them.
The cells themselves can't be fixed, because not only is their DNA bad but their structure is bad.
When a cancer cell is made it is missing parts, or has extra parts that prevent it from working properly.
Think of a square peg in a round hole, but you can't file off the excess material from the corners.

Trying to go back to your first paragraph I have never heard of words, or grammar altering cells.
I have heard of retro viruses being inserted into DNA to alter them.
I have even heard of radiation, and even sound frequencies jumbling DNA so it won't sequence correctly.
The last example is a destructive process though.
So I'm not to sure what you mean by DNA can be programmed by words.

I hope my explanation of how cells replicate, how cancer cells form, and how remission can occur was helpful to you.
If something was a bit off, just ask.
It was my first time putting it into words, and I see life through physics equations hence the B(prime), naught and x-1 stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Try light on for size...

Photons switch on the body's processes like an orchestra conductor bringing each individual instrument into the collective sound. At different frequencies, they perform different functions. Popp found that molecules in the cells responded to certain frequencies, and that a range of vibrations from the photons caused a variety of frequencies in other molecules of the body.

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to explain DNA to me. The basic science I have been using was to compare cell reproduction to photocopies of photocopies. Is that a reasonable comparison?

I don't think DNA mapping gives up as much info' as hoped. I wish I could explain my insight.. like there are energy systems which can resonate the DNA sequence that our organism is party to and DNA has a smaller defined role.

There was a very interesting Russian / German paper that I read which likened the segments in DNA to common grammar - language affects / alters DNA greatly. That is, DNA sequences are shaped in segments like sentences, paragraphs etc. As you correctly guessed, it was supporting the idea that DNA is programmable. The synopsis was in English, but ironically the rest wasn't. It is in my bookmarks somewhere buried. I had a look but couldn't find it.

Cancer is something I'm convinced is easily curable. I know about some cells that are being used around the world which have been in use for 40 years (past the patients death - without anyone permission), freaky..

This is what I think. It's a view based on what life is, ie mystic. Cancer cells are cells which were under extreme stress, that don't want to be part of the system and the stresses are from the body that rejects them; some part of itself that has made some wrong decision (eg conscious mind using divisive tactics to override the unconscious mind). External stress' expedite the cause and if the eg smoke inhalation is the cause it's still based on an internal dialogue, to me - why you put the strain on yourself?

My proof is how some guys are too "miserable" to get sick :-)

I've heard and skimmed info' about remission patients and epiphanies whereupon the survivor saw a holistic plan of the universe (usually / always a toroid); something akin to earths magnetosphere, or a persons aura, and in fact life on any level... I'm bunching a lot of New Age thinker's input in one lot, so why stop... Cancer remissions are somewhat instant because cells are alive and aware and they got busy in their time scale, so it's only fast to us. Also the cancer was loved back into inclusion, which is why I assumed the cancer cells had repaired. Where did they go? It's hard to ignore that the people who had an epiphany saw (more importantly experienced an overriding feeling) a universe where all things are included in a perfect way, giving an overwhelming sense of sameness and inclusion.

Have I lost you? For what it's worth my perspective is unlike yours for a reason. I tend to believe everything and nothing, so when I look for creative answers I grab whatever resonates well, just to build a framework that I can use.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

You are totally right, I completely forgot about the benefits of sunlight.
Besides helping the body metabolize Vitamin D, there are hormonal benefits, muscle tone, tendon elasticity, and cellular benefits.

Random side note about sunlight and muscles.
The Road Runner is technically solar powered.
He spreads his wings and tail feathers in the sun and absorbs the heat from the sun which expands his muscles allowing for his great speed.
As he runs he runs so fast the wind cools his muscles and they constrict and tense up and need to be relaxed again.
Totally off topic I know but your comment about the benefits of the sun sparked one of those domino thoughts in my head leading to a tangent.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Do people realize that we are supposed to do? That death is a good thing? That it is our gift?

Make me live twice as long so I'll be $hitting in my pants like I was an infant again for 90 years, great... keep that stuff away from me.

Now finger a way to make me 23 again with the muscle maturity that I have now... that's something whose worth is beyond measure!

Derek

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Do people realize that we are supposed to do? That death is a good thing? That it is our gift?

Make me live twice as long so I'll be $hitting in my pants like I was an infant again for 90 years, great... keep that stuff away from me.

Now finger a way to make me 23 again with the muscle maturity that I have now... that's something whose worth is beyond measure!

Derek

You might lower your age by knowing that you will live longer. Some organs don't have to die but they are programmed by our brains to expect to do, or our unconscious mind expects them to die, so they fade...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I agree. C60 wouldn't have anything to do with telomeres since the C60 molecule couldn't even get inside the cell, unless someone knows different.

Was reading that levels at 2000mg/kg and 5000mg/kg in mice were shown to be nontoxic which is fairly impressive for such a large dose. Around 360g for an adult weighing 160lbs.

I think it acts as an antioxidant but there's something else I think might come into play.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I was wondering how the most evil and vile people alive seem to keep staying alive(Soros, British Queen, Bush Sr., Cheney,)......

Also explains why the rich are obsessed with two things:

1) Bringing about feudalism, aka reducing the masses into literal unwashed masses

2)Creation of renewable systems.

Heck they could of had C60 for 20-40 years already, so this is more about making sure their kid's/grand kid's don't face an energy end game situation;and so they end up as feudal lords of some sort.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Has anyone tried C60 yet?

What about the olive oil, does anyone think they work together?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Please go through the entire thread as the whole if it's C60 alone or if the olive oil has any affect has been discussed.

I'm guessing not many here have tried it, as it is experimental and expensive and most forms are toxic unless produced certain ways...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So I just watched the youtube vids on Page 2 of this thread, which shows an amatuer way to create theses buckyballs using pencil graphite and electrical current, and seems very unstable and has much impurities.

I found a website that sells fullerene c60 at 99.9% purity and here is a little additional info on how they make the substance:
Fullerene C60

Pure C60 is efficiently isolated by proprietary methods from the mixed extract (typically

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I think you have to be inclined towards some degree of engineering talent. Isolating a carbon arc within a sealed atmosphere of low pressure helium would be a trick for me, in and of itself.

Perhaps a better angle would be to devise a way to remove impurities and/or extract C60 from amongst other chemical substances. I wonder if there might be a way to do so using a centrifuge, or perhaps an interim chemical bonding process?

It's a good question. And one that is protected as they are calling their method "proprietary."

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think you have to be inclined towards some degree of engineering talent. Isolating a carbon arc within a sealed atmosphere of low pressure helium would be a trick for me, in and of itself.

Its really not too hard a thing to do if you have garage tinkering skills. Its basically similar to the video on page 2 of this thread. Basically a vacuum sealed jar, 2 carbon rods, pressurize the jar with helium gas creating a certain atmosphere, and then introduce current between the rods.

What sucks is that this process only yields about 10% of c60, while the rest are other fullerenes and byproducts. To extract the c60, there are certain filters that can be used that free up the c60 due to its specific size.

There is method that yields 40% c60 in the process, however I have to re-read it to exactly understand how it works.

Also it seems shungite rock from a certain part of russia, naturally contains c60, so it may be viable to do a colloid in distilled water using a slight current between two rods of shungite. However we would have to know what % of shungite is made up of c60 and continue to filter the rest out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think that in the experiment on the Rats the C-60 was only suspended in the olive-oil (type of oil was irrelavent) as a solvent, so the rats could absorb it upon ingestion as it wouldn't disolve in water, like with petro chemical extraction through non polar solvents to extract certain chemicals that could not normally be absorbed, in a medium such as water, by the body so it could penetrate through the membranes into cells etc.

Originally posted by Turq1

the C60 molecule couldn't even get inside the cell, unless someone knows different.

Found this concerning what you asked...

Using computer simulations, University of Calgary biochemist Peter Tieleman, post-doctoral fellow Luca Monticelli and colleagues modeled the interaction between carbon-60 molecules and cell membranes and found that the particles are able to enter cells by permeating their membranes without causing mechanical damage. Their results are published in the current Advance Online Publication of Nature Nanotechnology, the world’s leading nanotechnology journal.

.... It was however from This Site that was stating the possible atmospheric/environmental dangers they could pose eg how Bucky balls and nanotube could possibly hurt cells (through inhalation etc), also, as another poster before me said, in a water based solution it was quite toxic in certain amounts....

So if anyones thinking about self dosing remember to use an oil as a solvent

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pigraphia

As far as telemere length, rather odd, but appearntly even just "not sitting" so much throughout the day either slows or reverses, I think, telemere shortening. There was a study I read about it, might even be on ATS.

The olive oil as far as I know is/was used because C60 doesn't dissolve in water. Some think it's something about the olive oil besides that solubility function, but I'd guess that that isn't the case.

It sounds like C60 may accept, or give electrons based on what is needed. And the C60 isn't used up in the process, unlike other antioxidants. It's one theory anyway.

As far as the 10 hour half life, it sounds like that isn't exactly the case. The rat study, they only gave them C60 like 7 times or similar over 2 years. To have the large effect that it did, but essentially 99% of the time there would have been no C60 present, something may not seem quite right about that, which is what I've heard from others as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One interesting theory I heard is that C60 form a complex with oleic acid in olive oil to allow it to penetrate cell membrane and then ultimately lodge itself inside mitochondria, where it act as a persistant antioxidant, neutralizing ROS made by electron transport chain directly at the source. It is speculated that it stay a lot longer inside mitochondria than in serum.

A request for the mods: Would it be possible to move this thread to 'medical issues & conspiracies'? It seem more logical to put it there. If not, would you allow to start a new one there (but that's not my first choice)?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Yeah that's pretty much spot on, seems to be the prevailing hypothesis on it.

Pretty sure you can make a thread about the same topic, even using the same source, under a different section and it's ok

edit on 14-6-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12
This is the only solvent free food grade carbon 60 product being produced.

c-60.com...

I started a new thread in the appropriate forum.

C-60 Fullerenes - Human Clinical Trials Needed

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Reference to new thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join