It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fullerene C60 administration doubles rat lifespan with no toxicity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
sweet I've always wanted to have this world over run by slower aging rats. I wonder how this would affect the rat population in NYC if someone gave it to all the rats. might be fun

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Extralien

You're slightly ridiculous for believing that we'll be sticking to this monetary system for more than 50 more years. It's ending by collapse or by revolution.

As you must be for believing what I wrote was serious

I'd be more than happy to share a few grammes with you though

sat in our rocking chairs, reminising how we battled it out on ATS many, many years ago.. looking back and realising how foolish we all were by wanting have a jab at anyone for the slightest error of misunderstanding

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Thanks!

You have to wonder how they "arrive at a selling price"?

The merchants will always claim "cost to produce" but we know that the decision of 'profit level' is entirely subjective for the most part....

I had heard that C60 is the kind of thing that doesn't require super technology to produce.... if that's true I can only assume it'll be against the law to produce it soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Try this;

and part 2;

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It stands to reason that if in fact this could reverse or delay aging then the age of retirement would be significantly increased and in effect the 150 year old may still be a productive member of society there by increasing their usefulness by more than two fold. Imagine the wisdom that could be gleaned from someone who has seen the better part of 2 centuries.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Surely they would have to heavily tax it and make it helluva expensive in the first place..
It stands to reason..

Imagine 8 billion 150 year olds all unemployed and claiming benefits in todays current monetary difficulties..

Depends how effective it is. Imagine engineers with 100 years experience and cross training.

I'd quite happily live longer. Those not liking life can kindly shuffle off and make room :-)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But hang on - isn't graphene a product of the industrial military complex, and a completely artificial structure that never occurs naturally on earth at least?

So how could this possibly be good for us??

Next you'll be saying that fluoride helps prevent tooth decay or some other woo perpetrated by TPTB - this looks like the thin edge of the wedge - those bucky-balls could contain almost anything and you'd never know it!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There is this seller in the U.S.

Cheaptubes.com is The Source for Fullerenes

CheapTubes.com is "The Source for Fullerenes! We will be able to sell more fullerenes in the future. We can currently supply C60, C70, and C84. Functionalized Fullerenes are also available.

C60, C70, C84 & higher fullerenes are available with or without functional groups, please contact us for prices. We can supply C60 99.0wt% for $20,000 per kg.

Read more: www.cheaptubes.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
But hang on - isn't graphene a product of the industrial military complex, and a completely artificial structure that never occurs naturally on earth at least?

Next you'll be saying that fluoride helps prevent tooth decay or some other woo perpetrated by TPTB - this looks like the thin edge of the wedge - those bucky-balls could contain almost anything and you'd never know it!

Kinda what I was thinking. Why must man continue #ing with nature?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I read your post in a reply and got so excited by the response only to see you as the original poster. I have been had...

I leave the audience with this.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juggalo307

Kinda what I was thinking. Why must man continue #ing with nature?

Aloysius has a bit of sarcasm in tone. Don't mind it.

The reason man screws with nature is because nature has been screwing with man for a number of years. Almost wiped us out a couple times.

-_-

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So why should it be a good idea to make rats live twice as long. They get too smart as it is in their short life. If they lived to sixty years old they may get smarter than us.

Bucky balls are actually found in nature in a mineral found in Russia. They are also found on Male Deer. Either way I am not going to eat buckyballs.

edit on 17-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

IT's a soccer/fotbol .

2 lines

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Interesting...
There are issues with oxidants, we eat too many, we breath some in.
Under stress we produce more.
The negative side effects can cause cellular damage which other than shortening the lifespan of the cells can lead to cancers.

If it can be used in conjunction with cancer treatments like the says that's alwayse a good thing.

I don't see how this would help us anymore than eating right though.
That won't stop some shister from making a fake doctor interview and putting it on TV and radio in the wee hours of the morning telling people it triples lifespan for only 59.99 a bottle, but act now and we will give you 3 bottles for the only 169.99.

I do hope this can be used by real doctors to help people and doesn't take 30 years to pass drug trials.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
One question has been running through my head...

To live to 150, would you only need a 7 month course, or, would you need to sustain the course over a much longer period but take less as time goes by?

7 months in the lab shows the potential time frame extension.. It does not compute for the true period of time.

Example, you've got cells that could damage you in your body, you start a 7 month course of fullerene and the cells are gone and are held at bay for a year or two.. but you've stopped taking C60. So new cells that could damage have now arrived...

Is this like taking vitamin pills or '5 fruit a day' every day?

If so, are the prices reflective of the elite and super rich being able to afford it so the 'lower classes' cannot afford and are eventually left to 'die out'?

It seems that if you want to keep up with the rest, then you either gotta have the money or make your own at home which, as someone stated earlier, could possibly be made illegal.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I don't think it is the C60 acting alone. It's reaction with olive oil is the key here..

We have to look at why olive oil is used and another, like sunflower oil.

Olive oil is known, and believed to be, the reason why many people in the mediteranean live long and healthy lives.
Here is some info relating to the benefits of olive oil;

Olive oil moisturizes skin and slower aging process.
Olive oil can possibly help in the prevention of colon cancer.
Olive oil reduces the of risk of cardiovascular diseases

www.all-about-olive-oil.com...

check the link for full details.

so you've now got the 'active ingredient, olive oil... the C60 does the job of trapping bad cells and helping to remove them.
Therefore, it seems I have possibly answered my own question in my post above..
You would need to keep up a continued course of this mixture in order to extend your life into much later years and stay healthy.

Given the way of things, you may also not age as normal and you could possibly even rejuvenate slightly.
This is going to be one of those things that will only take me another 110, or so, years to discover

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Did I misread something in the article?
Yes it said Olive Oil but it did not say they used Olive Oil for any particular reasons.
The article was mostly focused on the C60 molecule.
The way the article put it the Oil was just the carrier.

I do agree with you that any regiment would need to be done for the duration of ones life.
I wasn't actually saying this is a miracle treatment.
I said I hope it can lead to real treatments for things such as cancer.

I did scoff in a way at the fact that the 3am schisters would be touting this as the next wonder thing.
I didn't say I believe that it is though, I just said I think this will be the next gimmick people use to take money for the gullible.

As for this part of your post

Given the way of things, you may also not age as normal and you could possibly even rejuvenate slightly.

That's not really how this would work.
Antioxidants remove the oxidants that can potentially harm us, remove the danger and the cells are protected.
If your statement that the C60 actually removes bad cells is true this could be helpful, but I saw nothing in the article that hints at that.
Even assuming that it could remove the bad cells it would not rejuvenate at all.
So called rejuvenation, or the youth of cells is determined by the telomeres, extra material at the end of our DNA that acts like the plastic bit on shoe string.
When DNA splits it can be damaged, the longer the telomeres(plastic on shoe string) the better protected the DNA.
Once the telomeres are gone the DNA gets damaged with every replication and the cells eventually lose the ability to do their jobs.
When enough cells can't do their jobs we die.

Now the only thing so far that can keep telomeres intact and in fact replace broken/missing telomeres is an enzyme called telomerase.
We all have it, some more than others.
Eating healthy, and even being happy can produce more telomerase in fact.
Stress, bad diet, sadness decreases telomerase.
The more telomerase we have the longer our telomeres are the longer we live(baring disease, cancer, accident).

There is nothing in this article, and nothing I have ever read on C20 that says it increases telomerase or acts like it.

You might have a point with the Olive Oil as diet helps with telomerase, but that wasn't the focus of this article.
The focus of the article was on C20, and the potential for future medicines and treatments based around C20.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I will keep an eye on this topic, thx

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

From the very first post...

Researchers at the University of Paris and colleagues fed the molecule fullerene (C60 or “buckyballs”) dissolved in olive oil to rats and found it almost doubles their lifespan, with no chronic toxicity.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and then the second post...

Pharmacokinetic studies show that dissolved C60 is absorbed by the gastro-intestinal tract and eliminated in a few tens of hours.
“These results of importance in the fields of medicine and toxicology should open the way for the many possible biomedical applications of C60 including cancer therapy, neurodegenerative disorders, and aging,” the researcher suggest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I have some major concerns in this realm. While I acknowledge the Frnech and their awsome work in the field of extending the life span, there seems to be less of a focus (to my knowledge so if I am wrong someone tell me) on the same research when it comes to food.

While the prospect of transforming humans into vulcans in terms of life and longevity is intriguing, the ramifications on the planet, including resources (food, water etc), moves from the front burner to a person holding the entire pot with no oven mitts.

Im not as confident we will have another breakthrough to the extent we did with dwarf wheat and India.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join