It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic sign off. Idle or active status.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Automatic sign off. Idle or active status.

this is pretty straight forward. I would like to see a status bar that shows if a member is active or idle. This or an automatic sign off. I tend to clear my history, cookies, etc when I reboot. I run several cleaners and general maintenance twice a week. If it wasn't for that I would be signed on almost eternally. It would be nice to have an automatic sign off after 24 hours. I think it is just considerate to members who might expect someone to be active in a thread or be waiting a response when really we might be at home sleeping or working. I tend to think people assume members ignore comments or what have you since we might be signed on but not present.

Possibilities?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

If you look at the mini profiles (where your avatar is) to the left of every post you'll see "Member is on ATS Now" or, "Member was on __ minutes ago", or "Member is off line".

If the server doesn't detect activity from an account for 20 minutes or so it shows the member as "was on ___ minutes ago" for up to 15 minutes and then it shows "member is off line".

Springer...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I was wondering, does it say Member was online...min ago, when you are writing a post. Often in conversations I see it move between ...is on ATS now... and was online...min ago in between posts.

join