It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAXES!!! WONDERFUL TAXES!!!! How Much Did You Pay?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I didn't have to pay anything being a student but supposedly I will be getting back at least 1,000 after already getting back 350 from working I think I made about 8,000.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

You're friend was taxed at, what sounds like, 13%. He probably doesn't pay taxes through the year, which would mean he ends up owing.

I pay taxes through the year, have a few deductions and usually end up getting money back. It's tough to fairly reply to a lot of these types of threads because people tend to hold back information to get their point across.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I had a blog a couple years back telling ATSers how we, my husband and I paid less in Federal Taxes than our house keeper (don't have one any more).............and every single reply was "no way".

Well, I've been telling ATSers for several years our taxing system sucks and the biggest suck came during good old George W. Bush Jr.

We, the ones making over $100,000 (almost $200,000) made out like bandits.

But, I was called a liar or stupid so I give up on trying to educate ATSers.

Most are know it alls until the brown stuff hits their fans.

We need a straight percentage taxing system with no loop holes.

We need to kick corporations (and their "contributions') and the military out of our government's bed.

Read my location.

America, in my own humble opinion, is run by the largest corporations and enforced by our military.

For the People and by the People is an illusion, including our voting system..............all a sham.

TPTB already know who will be placed in the oval office and BTW: The President isn't the highest office, he/she is just a show horse. There is a higher unseen power running the show.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

You're friend was taxed at, what sounds like, 13%. He probably doesn't pay taxes through the year, which would mean he ends up owing.

I pay taxes through the year, have a few deductions and usually end up getting money back. It's tough to fairly reply to a lot of these types of threads because people tend to hold back information to get their point across.

yes this is true on all accounts. but by the same token 13% is a lot when you are trying to live off of $17,000. on the issue of income tax i can't help but think that before 1913 there was no income tax. i'm sure the very thought of it seemed ridiculous to people.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'd venture that just one of michelle's and kiddies trips cost us more than one family totally dependent on the gov't!!!

how many trips has she taken so far???

what about the big gsa scandle that is now going on?? now much money was wasted there?? how many families could it support???

the list of waste is endless.....
sick of the conservatives griping while in their second breath they are trying to give their rich friends more tax breaks!!!

oh, ya,.....and I heard the good one on fox news the other night. college tuition is high and has an inflation rate that is unbelievable!! and of course, our gov't is busy giving out grants and such for the poor kids.....

then well, it seems that now, the colleges, at least some of them have spas, and gee....lobster is part of the menu on the cafeteria!!!

give it a rest....

I'd rather feed a hungry kid than spend a fortune dropping bombs on inoocent people in far away lands. or give you college nerds lobsters for lunch, or foot the bill on these extavagant parties and trips for the gov't employees's first ladies, whatever!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think most people need to educate them selves on taxes. Theres to many people out there who don't know enough to even complain. because they are misguide when they complain. You need to learn which taxes come from where and which taxes go where. Your property tax comes from your state and city. Your sales taxes comes from your state and city. So blame your governor for raising your taxes on your house or your sales taxes at the grocery store. Now government taxes are not bad when you go s corp instead of c corp. Did you talk to a attorney befor you chose what to file as? You should of talked to a accountant. They know what your going to get stuck with finacially when you create the wrong business entity. Yes if you want to have 1000's of shares and be listed on the stock market where you can basicly get loans from share holders on the stock market so you can make millions off of other peoples money. Yes you will pay taxes for the profit you make with other peoples money. And those people making loans to the stock market will pay taxes on the profit they make from loaning money. But if your a small company who wants less then 75 people to have shares of your company and don't want to have stocks on the stock market s corp will allow you to make the most money with the least amount of taxes. But if your going to have over a 100 employees who all will have a health care packing c corp will allow you to write off all those expenses and other things to like large bonuses and so on. But you can break a s corp up into separte s corps in order to have less empoyees by having fewer empoyees in multiple companies. Just roll the names around in the P S T Dir positions. New company with the same people but they hold different positions in each s corp. Or you can just use employee leasing and the taxes change due to being out side services. But ask a accountant what is best for you. The lawyer will deal with lawsuits but your accountant will be dealing with tax laws. Ask the professional tax accountant.

But when it comes to taxes learn where they come from and where they go. People who complain the most think Obama controls all taxes. But its probly your governor who is to blame. Your property tax hikes are coming from your governor. And that is one of the biggest hikes hitting most people. Because the governors need more money for the tax breaks they gave away to so many rich people. The governors are even tied into things like home owners insurance that have been going through the roof to. They gave the permission for them to jack them up sky high. Then theres even taxes on law enforcement and fire departments on there health care packages. I was surprised at how many cops and fire fighters complained about Obama doing it when it was the governors and city officals doing it to them. And even my car insurance now has hurricane protection? What the
f!@# is that I thought the terrorism protection was bad enough for my vehicle. Thanks governor. Then theres the city officals jacking up the fees for every service imaginable. And not a little but triple or even higher. And some of those even got lowered on them by the governors.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

those are all valid points, but we are taxed way too much in general don't you agree?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
About $1,700 beyond what we had already withheld from our checks. No biggie. It will be more next year, as is the case when you progress through life and career. I suppose we could open an IRA this year.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
we got money back!!!

or course, we got so sick of having to pay in.....along with a myriad of local taxes at the same time...
I adjusted my withholding to a point where I was pretty sure we would be getting money back!!!

by the way, the mean income in the US, and our Area is quite a bit more than what me and my hubby make.....
we hear about this oh, 50% don't pay taxes...
we've always paid!! and quite frankly, I get tired of hearing how I don't pay.....
talk to the people with the S corps I guess.

but that 50% in no way goes along the income ranks..... it's more who can deduct enough to get out of paying them.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It wasn't unfathomable, the country had federal taxes immediately after the civil war. It wasn't until WWII that we had direct income taxes.

The power of congress to tax has always been there, the 16th amendment just further clarified it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I made 61k and paid in 17k

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Total tax liability of around $28k.
I paid a higher percentage than the President.
I told my wife we need to make a few tax deductions, but I'm not sure what's worse.. the IRS or diapers.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
For some of us it is "How did you overpay?". I hate seem my paychecks and having the amount of gross taxable income lower than the net taxable income.

Sure I get my money back but why the heck are you taking more than you need?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Refund and no taxes other than what comes out of my check. Im buying a new tv...I earned it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Because th e big boys quit paying for over ten years. And no you can't start the taxes back up and make up for ten years worth of taxes that are missing. And then you have the run away war on terror which is a tax on our country that is crazy. And those are spread out into every thing from the city to the state and the federal government. I don't think I have ever seen any body really break it down to how much it cost us all every day. Get car insurance and theres a terrorist tax. Get home owners insurance and theres a terrorist tax. Get a fishing liscence and theres a huge cost because they have to run you through the terrorist database. Get a drivers liscence and they have to charge you a huge fee to run you through the terrorist database. Get a mortgage and you will be ran through a terrorist database like the one George Zimmerman works at.link. Your airports are going crazy with all the terrorist databases and mointoring and the fees are high because of it. Then you have hackers who work for the government called anonymous hacking every thing. And the Department of Homeland Security is doing that. Have to prootect us from hacker terrorist. And you pay for that. Then they say get credit card and identity mointoring and that is a terrorist program they want you to pay for because they think they can change the cost if they turn to third party data and buy from the people the public pays for spying. Even Facebook wants to go public so the government can quit paying all the fees and just buy third party data from them. Your government knows what the problem is. But they like a dog and pony show to hide the true problems. Homeland Security is even paying the intelligence bubble of hackers to hack other countries like China and Libya and many more and tells them how to fix the problem by paying these guys. The intelligence industrial complex is a huge bubble right now and its destroying us with cost. Even out FBI has turned into a agency that no longer operates in the US where it is supposed to be. They loved there biggest bust in history a raid on Puerto Rico which used equipment and man power from most of the 55 agencies leaving them under manned while our government and banks robbed us blind during the bailouts. And I don't even want to get into the nation building crap. That is a huge problem that nobody wants to talk about. Why did Iraq need water parks?And it still goes on. Why did USAID make billon dollar deals with Russia to teach them how to use the internet? If im not misstaken they had the prototype of the first IBM computer built in Russia at the same time we had built it. Seems they should be up to speed.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I'm not sure what's worse.. the IRS or diapers.

Holy Good God do I feel ya there.

After helping raise my GF's two very young kids (twins), plus my 2 year old niece, Good Gallopin' Gravy do diapers get expensive.

When the diaper budget starts to outweigh the beer budget, we gots a problem

On topic, paid in about 15k or so

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I made $181K and change, had $23K deducted during the year and had little over $15K and change refunded.

So i paid in $8K Federal, then out of the $15K refund i paid $7,400 to the black hole state of California and then $620 to my accountant.

Ended up with a little over $7K in the end.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by seagrass

BS

We know someone that did that ten years ago and he is now serving time in a Federal Prison.

For those that say, you don't pay taxes, mess with the IRS and you're taking a big chance on imprisonment.

BS

I've been a self employed LLC for over 25 years with a very creative accountant and never even been audited.
I simply do what the intelligent and wealthy people do and avail myself of every deduction allowed to a business completely with in the law.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
93K, and I'm still drunk....... sorta a tradition when I sign the check 'cause it makes me freak out

HOLY $HIT!!!! I cant even imagine. got any job openings?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

We are not Incorporated and my husband's employer is partially federally funded.

Again, BS.

My husband took all the deductions he could, we have a neighbor that does taxes for a living and has asked my husband that if he wants a part time job he would take him in a minute.

Each case is different.

Good for you......................good luck.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join