It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAXES!!! WONDERFUL TAXES!!!! How Much Did You Pay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I just talked to one of my friends who made just over $17 thousand last year after deductions which were few, he had to pay $2,300 to the US treasury..........how can this be right? it's no wonder people in this country keep trying to get on wellfare. Whats the point of working and barely scraping by just to pay more to good 'ole Uncle Sam?

And of course our politicians have it set up that our hard earned money goes to government "programs" like wellfare and disability. I have another friend who is about to have a leg possibly amputated who needs help and can't get it because of the abuse of these programs.

I am self employed and personally paid 30% in taxes. Think about that 30% of what i made. That is a lot of MY money that many people abuse because they are too lazy to work even if there was a job available. I'm sick of paying these kinds of taxes when these crap programs don't work and make taxes go higher.
edit on 17-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: f'd up

edit on 17-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I paid the same amount of taxes to the IRS as the amount of letters in your well-constructed opening message.

EDIT: OP edited his post with some paragraphs. This was posted when his post was completely blank.
edit on 4/17/2012 by SonicInfinity because: Added edit

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nice thread OP!!!! I got 15k back...thanks!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

ya first post, accidentally hit the enter key

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
About $300, just enough to keep me off the radar.

Could have been a lot worse

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scoodoo20

I also got a nice refund and paid no taxes. Anyone that doesn't take the time and effort to become an LLC has no right to complain about being taxed to much. You don't have to be a big dog to enjoy the benefits that the wealthy enjoy. $300 to incorporate is cheap compared to the deductions any LLC can avail themselves of. Simple...

edit on 17-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You want to complain about your tax money being wasted?

A lot of it goes to things like profiteering private contractors in Afghanistan and Iraq and the Defense department contractors. A lot of it goes to subsidize things like corporate farms and Big Oil. A lot of it goes to pay for ridiculous pet projects and grants for things that are stupid and completely useless. There's a lot of things the government wastes money on, a lot of things that cost way more than welfare.

But I guess it's easier to bash the poor.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yes you are right, but i do feel that the system doesn't encourage people to work. for example my friend that made 17 thousand and had to pay 2300 in. he would be better off just getting on welfare. see what i mean? the system doesn't really encourage you to work. it's hard to work knowing you won't get to keep a lot of your money.

I did not mean to bash the poor, that actually kind of stings a bit. i am certainly not someone to bash anybody. except for the government maybe....
edit on 17-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: poor card

edit on 17-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: mispell

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That "war money" is borrowed. It doesn't exist. And it would be a little easier to tell where our tax dollars are going if the laziest ever Senate on record would do anything... like pass a budget. But no, even when Democrats had the Senate, Congress, and White House they couldn't pass a budget.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
93K, and I'm still drunk....... sorta a tradition when I sign the check 'cause it makes me freak out

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Those that say they got a refund don't get it.

Face palm.

You paid taxes... what was the amount the IRS kept out of your paycheck, less of course the measly refund they are sending back to you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
24,265...too damn much if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

We made 145,599 during 2011 and paid 19,112 in Federal Taxes.

About 18%

While our house went down in value from a few years back, our property tax went up quite a bit.

We claim 0 dependants in order to not get stuck at the end of the year owing.

We also gave approximately 2,000 to charity not including my services to a homeless shelter.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
reply to post by scoodoo20

I also got a nice refund and paid no taxes. Anyone that doesn't take the time and effort to become an LLC has no right to complain about being taxed to much. You don't have to be a big dog to enjoy the benefits that the wealthy enjoy. $300 to incorporate is cheap compared to the deductions any LLC can avail themselves of. Simple...

edit on 17-4-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

How can you possibly say that someone does not have the right to complain about being taxed too much? Have you ever just sat down and researched how many taxes are placed on everybody? Not just income tax. If it was just income tax i don't think anyone would complain. How about franchise tax? how do you feel about that? Do i have a right to complain about that?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

18% is not horribly bad. are you self employed?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Those that say they got a refund don't get it.

Face palm.

You paid taxes... what was the amount the IRS kept out of your paycheck, less of course the measly refund they are sending back to you.

someone get's it, this is good

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

BS

We know someone that did that ten years ago and he is now serving time in a Federal Prison.

For those that say, you don't pay taxes, mess with the IRS and you're taking a big chance on imprisonment.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am self employed, gave charity 20, 000. still ended up oweing 20+.. I dont know why i came to this country.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
All taxes included just about 20%.

I grossed ~ 30000.

What gets me is all this "fair share" BS.

If these politicians were so concerned with what's "fair" they'd be pushing for a flat tax not 50 more chapters of loopholes to the tax code that will benefit me in no way whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

No.

My husband has a very good job, very stressful, but he's very very good at his job - very smart.

My job was outsourced to India almost 1-1/2 years ago to India so I was on unemployment until my benefits ran out.

While I actively looked for a job, I'm very good at many areas and not going to work for $15.00 a hr and take abuse from another tyrannical witch (change first letter to second letter in alphabet) for 16 years again.

I've retired early now and will be able to get retirement soon.

For now, I'm cutting our lawn, staining our deck, trimming our trees, rustoleum our fence, watching, caring for our dogs, having meals on the table when my husband comes home, make his lunch, laundry, dust, vacuum, clean, etc................and read, research and blog on ATS.

On the side, a person who is writing a book has asked me to do some research for him.

Bored being retired - no way!!!!

I would rather be homeless than go back to working in a little cube with snakes in suits that smile to your face and stab you in the back.

Life is good.

We don't go on vacations (rescued 2 death row dogs), don't eat out, (I'm a good cook), have one medium hybrid car we share, don't buy fancy clothes (but I love wearing jeans and regular shirts anyway).

Trying to pay off our house and town house and second mortgage from when our oldest son had to be committed to have his criminal attitude readjusted years back when he was a teenager.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join