It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Jesus forgive my SIN 2000 yrs ago +-

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What is the nuts and bolts of it, I know he died for my sin but how does that restore me back to GOD? Why did he have to die for our sin and why by doing so my sin is forgiven?
edit on 17-4-2012 by mikeprodigy because: correction

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

He died to free you from Original Sin. Basically so you'd start with a clean slate rather than be tainted by mankind's sin from Eden.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

But how?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Before Jesus, People had to make sacrifices to redeem themselves and even after that their sins were not forgotten. Jesus was the Ultimate sacrifice. He died for our sins.

Simple Version.
Before Jesus the road to God was very very narrow.
After Jesus the road to God is now a super highway.

How it saved us:
Jesus did not deserve to die because he was pure & free of sin. He chose to die for us giving him the right to forgive everyone for their sins.
edit on 17-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

How through his death what changed what happened that would restore or save me,

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
reply to post by GmoS719

I already told you, he didn't deserve to die, and we do. He died so we could live forever in Heaven.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You are such a blaspheming heathen troll!

Don't you know that it's a church secret and no one will tell you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

But how?

Heavenly magic rained upon him, summoning an angel wolf named Bunny. Then Jesus rose to heaven on the back of the heavenly Bunny using the heavenly magic. He was then given the vegetable of life picked by Jesus, the illegal immigrant. Jesus took the vegetable from Jesus and Jesus said "Thou shalt eat the vegetable of life!" And so Jesus did, thanking Jesus for the vegetable.

That is how.
edit on 17-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

I knew it was a matter of time before someone came in and made a mockery of Jesus.
Seriously dude, go somewhere else if its a joke to you. Quit trolling.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous. He must punish the sinner, the Law- breaker. If He didn't, then His law is not Law for there is no law that is a law without a punishment. The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:4) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

If this does not make sense to you, you might be asking the wrong questions. Or don't have enough intel to comprehend it yet. I would be happy to help.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What is the nuts and bolts of it, I know he died for my sin but how does that restore me back to GOD? Why did he have to die for our sin and why by doing so my sin is forgiven?

The Father put all our sins on Him and judged them right there at Calvary. That's how He can freely forgive without violating His Just nature. They have already been bore and judged at the cross in the body of His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You are such a blaspheming heathen troll!

Don't you know that it's a church secret and no one will tell you.

Okay, stop drinking the Kool-Aid. Sober up.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
jesus and his friends and the whole religion thing has been debunked more times then i can remember..

its no more real then the lord of the rings or harry potter..

dont waste your time with jesus or the bible

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

reply to post by GmoS719

I already told you, he didn't deserve to die, and we do. He died so we could live forever in Heaven.

"and we do"

thats an absolutely ridiculous remark. Who's to judge we or anyone deserves to die? under what justifcation ? whos laws? whos rules?
there is nothing inherint in sin, it is all man made rules

I think none of this should be taken literally, its all myth and stories
If theres anything to embrace, it is the symbol of what jesus stood for: unconditional love

Not this fear-fest of judgement, worship, born a sinner, etc.

edit on 17-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I love reading these religious threads for a good laugh

Some people believe the craziest things.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Some things are beyond our understanding in this form. Faith is the only resolve until then.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

But how?

Heavenly magic rained upon him, summoning an angel wolf named Bunny. Then Jesus rose to heaven on the back of the heavenly Bunny using the heavenly magic. He was then given the vegetable of life picked by Jesus, the illegal immigrant. Jesus took the vegetable from Jesus and Jesus said "Thou shalt eat the vegetable of life!" And so Jesus did, thanking Jesus for the vegetable.

That is how.
edit on 17-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

I knew it was a matter of time before someone came in and made a mockery of Jesus.
Seriously dude, go somewhere else if its a joke to you. Quit trolling.

I am offended that you think I am a troll. Stop persecuting me for my religion!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi GM.
Jesus waas /is the ultimate sacrifice ...His free gift of grace /salvation is offered unto ALL ..but all may not choose Him ..or accept His free gift of grace/redemption..This is.sad to say...

The how HE forgives is in that He intentionally came to offer Himself, a pure and Holy sacrifice unto the Father...to pave the way to restore our lives and fellowship with Him. He loves us so much that He opened His arms on the cross for us.

He Loves us so much ! He came willingly to shed His Holy precious blood and in this He covers , hides, and forgives our sins... past , present and future and puts us in right standing with God once again IF we but BELIEVE and have repentance ... By faith , in accepting what He has done - you receive His promise of the Holy Spirit , who will always dwell in and be with you. If you have further questions, please feel free to u2u me. I feel you are sincere in your questioning...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

reply to post by GmoS719

"and we do"

thats an absolutely ridiculous remark. Who's to judge we or anyone deserves to die? under what justifcation ? whos laws? whos rules?
there is nothing inherint in sin, it is all man made rules

I think none of this should be taken literally, its all myth and stories
If theres anything to embrace, it is the symbol of what jesus stood for: unconditional love

Not this fear-fest of judgement, worship, born a sinner, etc.

edit on 17-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

Unconditional love is one of Jesus messages, why expect from a Christian to take only that part, but not the others?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Obviously the trolls have took over the thread so that's my cue, On to the next.
Don't be afraid to talk about Jesus guys!
Just don't feed the pathetic trolls.
Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join