It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
While I don't live there I do have friends of a friend who live there. I ran across this article on the Drudge Report

Sounds like they aren't saying too much, but is a "training exercise" . On occassion they release the blachawks, where I live. They fly usually at night, and are pretty loud as they fly low. Most of the time I imagine it is a training exercise. Thought you might like to read the article. Interesting, I feel sorry for the people who live in the high rises. I would hate to see a blackhawk outside of my window especially in the middle of the night.

What do you think?

Fox Chicago News

TextChicago - Blackhawks and A/MH-6 Little Bird helicopters used by special forces circling low through downtown Chicago skies made for a scary scene along the Chicago River, as they rattled windows flying among the city's skyscrapers.The training exercise comes as the city found out some of the details of what the Secret Service wants for security at next month's summit at McCormick Place.

The U.S. government —footing the security bill — is looking for a single vendor to deliver a variety of goods and services at a fixed price, starting on May 14, including:♦ Portable high-security vehicle barriers to withstand the impact of a 15,000-pound vehicle hitting it at up to 50 mph. The barrier needs to be installed within one hour or less.The Secret Service is looking for between 10,000 and 20,000 linear feet of standard road-side concrete barriers

.♦ Crowd control “barricade systems”: 8-foot-high steel fences with 1/8-inch steel mesh “to mitigate/disperse thrown liquids.” The barricade must be “environmentally sensitive” but strong enough to not be pulled or pushed down, “taken apart, set on fire and easily climbed on.”

FOX Chicago News viewers called in, describing men with automatic weapons, hanging out of helicopters

edit on 17-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add thought

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I stopped worrying about this type of news because I've been told so many times that if people have done nothing wrong, there is nothing to worry about and that they should feel safer because it's all done for their safety & security.

And many of the people telling me not to be concerned are right here on ATS. So it must be true, right?

Nope, not worried anymore.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think the U.S. Military and civilian authorities have thousands upon TENS of thousands of acres of empty wasteland around the nation to do practice sessions like this. They can learn all they need to and all they need train for without scaring the people half to death in the process. Prior to 9/11....this almost *NEVER* *EVER* happened....as hard as those times are to recall now. If I saw Blackhawks, they were being ferried between locations, on their way to or from training....or something REAL was happening. I don't recall seeing full dress rehearsals right amongst the civilian populations and all over major American cities.

Whats it been now? 3? 4? More? Miami..Boston...Denver...Los Angeles... now Chicago. So how many different things can they possibly need to learn in using so many different cities like their own private training ground???

I dare say.... 'WE THE PEOPLE' are about sick and tired of having the United States of Security thrown in our faces several times a day, EVERY damned day.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
just a heads up, this is preperation for a NATO summit that is coming up in Chicago

While much of the security planning for the NATO summit remains secret, some information about what the protective measures will look like has started to trickle out.

Last week, theU.S. Secret Service published bidding specifications for the work of putting up security barriers in the city for the May 20-21 summit that will bring leaders from around the world.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

I hope many people come out to protest and expose this nasty circle jerk of criminals who don't represent the views of their citizens

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
just a heads up, this is preperation for a NATO summit that is coming up in Chicago

Ahh no it's not.The summit for some strange reason and for the first time ever has been moved to a millitary base.Fort David if my memory serves me correctly.Bit extreme,anyone else smell a rat?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was in Chicago last night at the U.S. Cellular Fields watching a White Sox game, I saw what seemed to be a black hawk flying very low. It concerned me a little but heard no information probably just more drills.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Isn't it just amazing to imagine... The entire 1984 Olympic Games were held and not a single bad thing happened. Not a one. The U.S. was hardly less a target then than we are now. Heck.. Beiruit ring any bells? That was the story of the day back then..so no one can tell me it was a more peaceful world with less threat of terrorism. It was MORE if anything.

Yet... I'll tell ya. I lived in LA in 1984 and if someone has an old, tired video of the Olympians running down the street in Mission Viejo for the Swimming portion of the games, a little boy can be seen on the curb waving a little Sammy the Eagle with a flag. That was me.

You know what I DID NOT see? I didn't see one soldier. I didn't see one gunship flying over. I never saw so much as an M-16 outside of a television show. I *KNOW* they had heavy heavy military presence in the LA area because that WAS news at the time. It wasn't put IN OUR FACES though. It was parked in places like the Hollywood Bowl and Griffith Park. Within mere moments of descending like the 7th Calvary on full charge......but INVISIBLE to the public, or nearly so.

When did shoving the toys of security into the faces of the public BECOME the whole point??? It used to be what they tried to AVOID. Then again...they used to be confident and capable. Now, they seem scared of their own shadow and ready to scan it for weapons.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting...my family and I heard a round of extraordinarily loud booms last night --3 of them, about 3 seconds apart and a sound none of us heard before and none of us were able to place. We couldn't even place in which direction they came from!

These booms had enough bass to be felt within us. Other people were looking out their windows, too, so we weren't the only ones who wondered what these booms were.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
I would hate to see a blackhawk outside of my window especially in the middle of the night.

Been there,done that and all I got was a stinking T-shirt. I had this very thing happen to me back in 91.I was awoken by a huge noise and blinding light's that pierced through the curtains at about 3am in the morning.The thing is I live at ground level.This was hoovering off the ground by about 4ft and completely in my back yard.This lasted for about fifhteen minutes and then rapidly left.To this day the purpose or motive has never come to light.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Ahh no it's not.The summit for some strange reason and for the first time ever has been moved to a millitary base.Fort David if my memory serves me correctly.Bit extreme,anyone else smell a rat?

uhhh yes it is... didn't you see the article I posted?

C hicago preparing for NATO summit

heres another

The timing of the drills led some to wonder if they're in preparation for next month's NATO summit.

www.myfoxchicago.com...
edit on 17-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

uhhh yes it is... didn't you see the article I posted?

C hicago preparing for NATO summit

heres another

The timing of the drills led some to wonder if they're in preparation for next month's NATO summit.

www.myfoxchicago.com...

The timing of the drills led some to wonder if they're in preparation for next month's NATO summit.But officials said that the summit and the drills are unrelated.

www.myfoxchicago.com...
edit on 17-4-2012 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

But officials said that the summit and the drills are unrelated.

www.myfoxchicago.com...

right, blackhawks roaming around the city and a fat order for anti-riot gear and its totally unrelated

Portable high security barriers
Crowd control barriers
10-12 portable light towers
Sandbags, port-a-potties
Mobile offices
5-10 golf carts

The authorities would never lie now, would they?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've never seen "security" like this before at a summit, at least in the United States anyways? What, if there is a "disturbance" will they bring the Littlebirds in and do a a few sweeps to level the crowd down? Have snipers in blackhawks take out people climbing their metal barriers?

This is nothing more than a disgusting intimidation attempt by the Feds and a slap to our face.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
you made two threads on this?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

here is the other thread. Different Forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I've never seen "security" like this before at a summit, at least in the United States anyways? What, if there is a "disturbance" will they bring the Littlebirds in and do a a few sweeps to level the crowd down? Have snipers in blackhawks take out people climbing their metal barriers?

This is nothing more than a disgusting intimidation attempt by the Feds and a slap to our face.

Do you think it is intimidation? or do you think they are seriously planning on killing protesters? Remember they now have laws that makes protesting itself against the law (even peaceful protests) and they can kill you even if your American on American soil provided they think you are 'dangerous'

Perhaps they are not thinking of using LRAD at all, just bullets!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Intimidation.. you can't take on an armed populace (a point we try to make to Liberals all the time, and who refuse to get it)

Quite frankly.. we have more soldiers than they do. More guns too.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WANTED!

thewesternexperience.com

member of the British House of Lords, offered a bounty of £10 million (about $16 million) for the capture of President Barack Obama, and former President George W. Bush
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-4-2012 by redneck13 because: i dont know

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Jameela

Intimidation.. you can't take on an armed populace (a point we try to make to Liberals all the time, and who refuse to get it)

Quite frankly.. we have more soldiers than they do. More guns too.

Yes but so far very unwilling to use them, too worried about American Idol to worry much about little things such as constitutional rights...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

It's a warning to all those who have been licking their chops regarding the NATO Summit since Chicago was announced as the host city.

I have said this many times and I will say it once more. In the days surrounding this event any and all security will be under direct supervision of the Secret Service. This event is classified as a NSSE or National Special Security Event.

The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security designates events of national significance as NSSE based on factors including, but not limited to: anticipated attendance by U.S. officials and foreign dignitaries; the size of the event; and the significance of the event. By statute, the United States Secret Service (USSS) is designated as the lead federal agency for planning, coordinating, and implementing security operations at NSSE. The FY 2012 NSSE Grant Program was developed by FEMA in coordination with USSS.

www.fema.gov...

You get in trouble here, you're messing in Federal jurisdiction. Pretty Simple!!
edit on 17-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join