It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
While i don't live there I do have friends of a friend who live there. I ran across this article on the Drudge Report

Sounds like they aren't saying too much, but is a "training exercise" . On occassion they release the blachawks, where I live. They fly usually at night, and are pretty loud as they fly low. Most of the time I imagine it is a training exercise. Thought you might like to read the article. Interesting, I feel sorry for the people who live in the high rises.

What do you think?

Fox Chicago News

TextChicago - Blackhawks and A/MH-6 Little Bird helicopters used by special forces circling low through downtown Chicago skies made for a scary scene along the Chicago River, as they rattled windows flying among the city's skyscrapers.The training exercise comes as the city found out some of the details of what the Secret Service wants for security at next month's summit at McCormick Place.

The U.S. government —footing the security bill — is looking for a single vendor to deliver a variety of goods and services at a fixed price, starting on May 14, including:♦ Portable high-security vehicle barriers to withstand the impact of a 15,000-pound vehicle hitting it at up to 50 mph. The barrier needs to be installed within one hour or less.The Secret Service is looking for between 10,000 and 20,000 linear feet of standard road-side concrete barriers

.♦ Crowd control “barricade systems”: 8-foot-high steel fences with 1/8-inch steel mesh “to mitigate/disperse thrown liquids.” The barricade must be “environmentally sensitive” but strong enough to not be pulled or pushed down, “taken apart, set on fire and easily climbed on.”

FOX Chicago News viewers called in, describing men with automatic weapons, hanging out of helicopters

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if no company/vendor answers the call?

I'm not all that up to date, as to what the summit is in regards to, so excuse my ignorance. But this is seemingly a government meeting, would then the government have authority to commandeer such apparatuses?

edit on 4/17/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Wish I could answer that, from what I do know of police procedure I heard what they sometimes show in a movie or tv show, (as an officer commandeering a citizens car if its necessary for use of the officer on official business,) is supposedly true. I heard that somewhere, long time ago. So guess the government gets to play with bigger toys.
edit on 17-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add thoughts

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That's very strange, wonder what they are doing..

S&F for this

edit on 17-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I wonder what would happen if no company/vendor answers the call?

I'm not all that up to date, as to what the summit is in regards to, so excuse my ignorance. But this is seemingly a government meeting, would then the government have authority to commandeer such apparatuses?

edit on 4/17/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post

Its a NATO summit, but that does not explain the 'training exercises' with black hawks in city air space and limits... unless they are training to take out (as in kill) all protesters this year!

While people (protesters) are preparing for LRAD the government is planning something different perhaps?

edit on 17-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

top topics

join