It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Predicted in Bible..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am not a Christian so this is not that kind of thread.. However i do sometimes like to read the bible like many old books does have some truth to it...
I came across this prophocy from Isaiah talking about about things that where to happen in the future when I came across this line...

And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Isaiah/30-25 - King James Bible.

As I said I do not claim to understand the bible very well. So I may have taken this out of context. However I found it interesting as I could not find an instance in the past when more than one tower has fallen at the same time and there has been a mass slaughter.

Can anyone shed any light upon this...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

wow - interesting find OP

although i was forced to study the bible when i was younger... i cant say i remember much lol
but 9/11 being predicted in the bible ? hm... you could take it in whatever context you like... it could mean anything to anyone - just depends on what you want it to mean or what you relate it too...

having said that, im not sure if there have been any other incidents concerning two towers falling... but im not sure if that particular verse refers to that particular incident...

edit on 17-4-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I gotta say, great find OP. I was happy to be the first to give you an S&F.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ok .. checking this scripture out now.. it's VERY obscure in the fact that even in the hebrew is kinda obscure..

From H1431; a tower (from its size or height); by analogy a rostrum; figuratively a (pyramidal) bed of flowers: - castle, flower, pulpit, tower. Compare the names following.
Strong's Exhaustive Corcordance

The passge is a bit riviting actually .. in looking at us as a nation right now..

Do Not Go Down to Egypt
30 “Ah, nstubborn children,” declares the Lord,o“who carry out a plan, but not mine, and who make pan alliance,1 but not of my Spirit, that they may add sin to sin; 2 who set out to go down to Egypt, without asking for my direction,
to take refuge in the protection of Pharaoh and to seek shelter in the shadow of Egypt!

3 rTherefore shall the protection of Pharaoh turn to your shame, and the shelter in the shadow of Egypt to your humiliation. 4 For though his officials are at Zoan and this envoys reach uHanes, 5 everyone comes to shame through va people that cannot profit them, that brings neither help nor profit,
but shame and disgrace.”
ESV link

however, the original OP is nestled inside of a portion of scripture of God being Gracious to his people(s) returning to him & dwelling in ZION..

Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. (Isaiah 30:18 ESV)

the word tower to me mean exactlly that ! A tower....so far

If somone could shoot a message DIsrael have him rip this entire passage apart a bit more.. we might see something we're missing..

edit on 17-4-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Im soz not quite with you. Do you think its referring to a tower or not....? And what do you mean by this..

f somone could shoot a message DIsrael have him rip this entire passage apart a bit more.. we might see something we're missing.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Komodo

Im soz not quite with you. Do you think its referring to a tower or not....? And what do you mean by this..

f somone could shoot a message DIsrael have him rip this entire passage apart a bit more.. we might see something we're missing.

from what I've seen in the Hebrew, it means a tower..

I was in a bit of a hurry when I typed ..

the word tower to me mean exactlly that ! A tower....so far

and should have said.. I'm not sure what I states in the greek ... but, at this point I'm only going to ASSUME it's still -a tower in the trust sense of th word.. till i get my hand on a greek lexicon to verify.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

(Isa 30:25) Every mountain and hill will have streams filled with water. These things will happen after many people are killed and the enemy's towers are pulled down.
ERV

it's a metaphore siginfing that the 'enemy's place of 'strong hold' which, in those days, towers were used because they would double as a lookout and a great advantage point, which in military terms is always higher ground.

doubt that this means twin towers, if you look at the afore mention portion of scripture, it's stating the benifits of such a victory, I don't see any benifit from the twin towers being brought down for citizens of the US, but, for those who perp'd it.. possibly.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Nostradamus
Bible
Next they find references in Dr Seuss.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Nostradamus
Bible
Next they find references in Dr Seuss.

I might well be talking about something else. But when before in the history of man have towers fallen (plural) and caused a great slaughter. It may have happened by I have not heard of it...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sampoong Department Store
501 killed
1500 trapped
Not as tall but where do you draw the line? Deaths or height?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've always found Isaiah 30 to be a very interesting prophetic testament. In my Bible it is entitled "Woe to an Obstinate Nation." This is the theme of the entire chapter, God's remorse over a nation that has disobeyed him, in original context this would be the nation of Israel. The first couple of verses read as such:

“Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the LORD, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin.
Isaiah 30:1 NIV

This chapter is filled with metaphor and imagery of a cracking wall or structure representing a nation riddled against God. For instance, there is this verse.

"Therefore this is what the Holy One of Israel says: “Because you have rejected this message, relied on oppression and depended on deceit, This sin will become for you like a high wall, cracked and bulging, that collapses suddenly, in an instant."
Isaiah 30: 12-13 NIV

What fascinates me about this verse is the "collapses suddenly, in an instant." In Biblical times and beyond, cataclysmic events that happened in a moments notice were always attributed to be works of God. Still, in a time before explosives and demotions, a reference to a "high wall, cracked and bulging," collapsing suddenly certainly seems strange.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But where were the " rivers and streams of waters " upon every high hill and mountain ? If you have to ignore most of a quote perhaps it is not very apt.

Towers of course have for millenia been associated with fortified places and their fall often an occasion for slaughter; going right back to the burning " Towers of Ilium " at the conclusion of the Trojan War.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Sampoong Department Store
501 killed
1500 trapped
Not as tall but where do you draw the line? Deaths or height?

Thank you for your reply.. I had not heard of Sampoong Department Store disaster before. From what I have just read about it. This was a single tower, not two. This is what I find interesting the fact that the verse is refeering to more than one tower collapsing..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

But where were the " rivers and streams of waters " upon every high hill and mountain ? If you have to ignore most of a quote perhaps it is not very apt

Was not ignoring the rivers and streams bit. I just dont really understand what it might mean... I mean you get rivers and streams on mountains anyway...

new topics

top topics

join