It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happening over St. Petersberg?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The 5 minute video below is about the growing presence of UFOs over the Russian city of St. Petersberg. It is one of Jaimme Maussans who for any newbies, is one of ATS' most hated ever since he claimed a skinned monkey was a alien

But c'mon, the past is the past. Less hate. This in not a thread for judging him (this is though) but for judging the footage shown.

The craft above the city be it a mothership or not, to me doesnt appear to be any conventional aircraft. It is not lanters or some kind of atmospheric effect because of some of the manouvers and characteristics it shows. What we are looking at is a group of spheres grouped together, desending and appearing out of thin air. Sky divers maybe? I dont know. Apparently this thing has at times 'hung around' for up to an hour.

Another thing that makes one of these sightings in particular (this one) interesting to me is that it was recorded by multiple witnesses from different angles. Another Jerusulem UFO situation?

Anyway, heres the main video

Just found this aswell which i though i would throw in. A nice montage of what is mostly just the usual nowadays - lights in the sky - with a few gems amongst it. Would love to see a half hour version with all the best footage if anyone is bored and fancys a good project

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You know what irks me. Is how everyone else can view these awesome phenomenons but me.
Bah, I always miss all the action.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Another St. Petersberg thread ?
I'm 99.999999 % sure that the UFOs are military training flares over lake Ladoga , here's another video .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
why would they do flare tests over a vacant city. makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
why would they do flare tests over a vacant city. makes no sense.

They're not , they're doing it over and around Lake Ladoga which is about 30 miles outside of St.Petersberg

Not sure I would call St.Petersberg a vacant city either

edit on 17-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Flares moving horizontally in and out of the formation at a rapid speed huh?
These are not flares or chinese lanterns sorry.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah i completely agree with Chris here. Flares dont move like that. And would they really appear so bright when they are 30 miles away?

Plus, these objects actually appear to be 'over' the city. Why would someone record them otherwise. Especially the sighting with 4 different people recording from different angles.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ugh.
Jaimie Maussan = hoax or fraud almost every time.
Anything with him is a really bad indication.

If you want to be believed stay away from all things Jaimie Maussan.
What's he snooping about around events in Russia for anyway? Does Mexico and South America not have enough for him to report on already?

Anyway, watching rest of first video now. Will possibly report back with anything additional.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Jamie being involved in a UFO report doesn't automatically make it a fraud, just saying. Just because he is a fraud doesn't mean he won't jump onto a legitimate report when it surfaces, and it's a discredit to sightings to automatically dismiss them because Jamie has reported on them.

For this video, I don't see how it can be flares. One does indeed fall like a flare, and disappears. Another however, later in the video, falls (while the other stay stationary), and then stops close to the ground, and hovers there for 20 or more seconds. Very unflare-like behaviour.

Another light approaches at an angle that again, doesn't seem like it can be a flare at all. Flares fall with gravity - and if one was affected dramatically by say, the wind.. the others would as well, but they are stationary.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by gortex

Yeah i completely agree with Chris here. Flares dont move like that.

They do when they're attached to a skydiver's ankles...This video looks very much like the Golden Knights video, which has undoubtedly garnered copycats since their popularity has soared after the release of a night time jump deemed "UFO" surfaced a year or so ago...

In fact, the way they dart in and out lead me to believe that this is exactly what we're seeing...

There are dozens of other examples on YouTube...

Here is one that made the news under the title "Mysterious Lights", and titled on youtube as UFO's Over El Paso...

edit on 17-4-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

The video says objects were observed for about an hour. With what you can see on video with the city in the picture, the objects in general do not appear to be descending. Tht let's out
Chinese lanterns
Flares
Parachutists

And the length of time and intricacy of ome of the patterns would to me rule out remote controlled models.
And object is light based not metal which would rule out secret terrestrial craft.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh noes, James Maussian and UFOs over Russian cities (they like faking videos a lot), the perfect combination!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So these same UFOs keep returning ..... or is it just a regular Military exercise.

UFO St Petersburg Russia, 1997

UFO - St.Petersburg - Russia 2009

UFO MOTHERSHIP Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA 2011

And of course the latest
UFO hovering St Petersburg, Russia. (Witness #6)

So I guess its highly unlikely that its just a regular military air exercise then .... most likely Aliens

The arrival of Jaime "wanna buy a skinned monkey? " Maussan onto the scene only serves to convince me that this is a regular military exercise and not ET .

edit on 17-4-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436

The video says objects were observed for about an hour. With what you can see on video with the city in the picture, the objects in general do not appear to be descending. Tht let's out
Chinese lanterns
Flares
Parachutists

The video was a few minutes long ... Just because Jamie Mousson says they hovered there for an hour dosn't make it so ... My comment was based on the evidence at hand ... A few minutes of video ...

As far as you 'ruling things out', you fail to take into account perception and angle ... These flares and parachutists can appear to hover, and depending on the angle of view, can even see to CLIMB rather than descend, made evident and demonstrated by the videos i posted....
edit on 17-4-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Very interesting videos!

A couple of things strike me... where are the videos from underneath the lights? Surely somebody in that huge city must have filmed from below, if it happened over a city? Could this mean that the lights were a lot further away than people assume, and therefore not right over the city?

Second one is that I see flares from where I live- the flares are about 15 miles away over a military training ground. They are very bright, and hang in the air for quite some time on their parachutes. I could see how flares dropped in a group could look like the ones in the video. But the ones I see last maybe 10 minutes...

Still worth further investigation though!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Did you notice that the lights in your first two videos come together to make the exact same formation? Assuming they were actually filmed 12 years apart from each other, makes it very odd. Also, if you notice in those same videos the lights converged into one light source. Please tell me what kind of military aircraft can do this?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Seems like flares in some ways. What is with that one that zips from the right side toward the main clump? Is that typical of flares on parachutes?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If you can explain how the light sources seem to hover, i'd be inclined to believe you.

As it stands, UFO.. unidentified flying object. Not aliens, spirits or some other crazy claim.. just unidentified.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

pda.itar-tass.com...

Air Force pilots destroy over 200 ‘enemy aircraft’ in Ladoga 2012 exercises
17:51 13/04/2012

MOSCOW, April 13 (Itar-Tass) — Air Force pilots destroyed over 200 ‘enemy aircraft’ in the Ladoga 2012 exercises of the Russian Western Military District, which ended on Friday, district spokesman Col. Andrei Bobrun told Itar-Tass.

“The pilots had to trace the targets themselves; they were not given target coordinates or parameters,” he said. “Also the pilots independently chose weapons to destroy the targets with.”

About 50 fighter jets, among them Mikoyan MiG-29STM and MiG-31 and Sukhoi Su-27, took part in the exercises. Illuminated air bombs airdropped from super-low to twelve kilometer heights simulated ‘enemy aircraft.’ The pilots acted solo or in twos and fired guided missiles and cannon projectiles.

In all, there were over 50 day-time flights and more than 60 night-time flights; more than 150 guided missiles and 300 cannon projectiles were fired.

“The exercises certified young pilots for guarding the Russian air space. They will be put on duty soon,” Bobrun said.

Ladoga 2012 started on Monday. Pilots based in Karelia, Kaliningrad, Kursk, Murmansk and Tver regions took part in the drill. They took off from the Karelia Besovets airfield and flew over the Lagoda training range and the coastal areas of Lake Ladoga.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Good find

Thank you .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join