It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Justin Amash Calls for Eric Holder’s Resignation Over ‘Fast and Furious’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Love to hear that someone else in Congress is standing up instead of turning a blind eye to this scandal. Ron Paul was calling for Holder to be fined and criminally charged back in December 2011.

Over the weekend, a spokesman for the freshman congressman from Michigan told The Daily Caller that Amash believes Eric Holder should resign over the scandal surrounding the Justice Department’s incomprehensibly reckless Operation Fast and Furious, in which, “Over 2,000 weapons, including AK-47s and .50 caliber rifles, plus ten thousand rounds of ammo were deliberately allowed by ATF to go to drug cartels so they could be tracked. Almost comically, the tracking device on the weapons was a GPS bought at Radio Shack. Yet, the battery life was only three months, making it impossible to know where the guns were after the batteries died.” Amash is the 124th House member to call for Holder’s resignation and/or sign a House resolution of “no confidence” in Holder as the nation’s attorney general.

ivn.us...

I can see that with the release of "Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up" by Katie Pavlich things will be heating up. The book is getting great reviews. It names names and show how high level Administration personnel have been part and parcel to a huge cover-up and obstruction of justice.

Pavlich dubs

Operation Fast and Furious is the deadliest and most sinister scandal in American history. A scandal so big, it’s worse than Iran-Contra and makes Watergate look like a high school prank gone wrong.
www.fastnfuriousinvestigation.com...(April 16, 2012)

If the heat continues I predict both Holder and Napolitano will be out the door and if justice prevails, behind bars.

Rooting for truth and justice.

Other sources of information about Fast and Furious:
www.newsmax.com...
www.fastnfuriousinvestigation.com...
dailycaller.com...
edit on 4/17/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: CChanged and added something

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As much as I think Holder should be dropped into a deep dark dungeon over this, it's never going to happen. Just look how many people have commented on this topic. Nobody seems to care. But, if you mention Trevon or some other meaningless story, it's covered like crazy. A lot of ATS members are simply clueless.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

It is understandable that people are not aware of the depth of the Obama administration involvement. This involvement is enough to destroy the current administration. The media has not been forthright in sharing information to inform the public because they are owned.

This brief interview outlines the story and the cover-up. This book is going to blow Obama & Co. out of the water.

www.fastnfuriousinvestigation.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I hope you're right, but this guy's Teflon is thicker than Slick Willie's. He can openly be racist, talk down to Americans, arm terrorists in Libya and Egypt, produce phoney documents, etc., and he's still the favorite to win in November. I'd love for the facts to come out, but with ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, PBS in his pocket, do you think the "news" will cover it? I doubt it. Hell, my son's friend (19 years old a pretty informed) ask me what it was about. He had not heard anything. His dad is a cop!!! His dad had not heard anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Liberal media turns a blind eye to the blatant cronyism of Democrats. Sad to say. Charlie Rangel can break a dozen laws and be found guilty in court but keeps his job. Any Republican who has an affair on their wife (breaks no laws) and the media calls for them to quit on the front page headline.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
it would be nice to see this to fruition and those corrupt bastards getting what they deserve. while they're at it take obummer with them, since he hired um and please don't forget some of obummer's other crony's like geitener as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I posted it on facebook and also got a "Why haven't I heard of this?" response..

Sharyl Attkisson reported this back on 10/3/2011. As reported on another thread the Administtation was not pleased and the story was a squashed from then on out by MSM.

ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010

www.cbsnews.com... (with video)

New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

It seems the story squashing has squashed everything, even me, and even ____ [best not say or I wouldn't get to say this much].

So freedom of speech has been destroyed, corruption rules the day... the nation as the world is enslaved. Satan rules the world, Jesus rules my heart - and I don't have much hope for anything else. The killing has begun... welcome to the hunger games. It wasn't just a game... it was a pretty picture of the extermination happening all over the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One thing that must be clarified is that this was not a botched operation to track drug trafficking in Mexico.

The mainstream media are incorrectly reporting it as a "failed sting operation." In reality, Operation Fast and Furious was a huge success. It achieved its stated goal which was placing thousands of rifles and pistols into the hands of Mexican drug gangs, then hoping enough violence would spill over into the United States so that the American people would call for gun sales restrictions, or at least provide the Obama Administration with the information to impose such restriction. It worked. Guess what happens if you purchase two or more common automatic rifles within a 5 day period? The information is recorded and sent to the ATF. To make matters worse, a federal judge has upheld the rule proposed by the ATF to track multiple gun sales in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico.

www.buckeyefirearms.org...

So there is Mexican blood as well, on the hands of the Administration. Enough blood to change ATF policy making it more restrictive. Perhaps if it would have continued, enough blood would be spilled that an "outraged" President would go so far as to implement another "Executive Order" striking down our right to bear arms. I truly believe this is the direction the Administration was working in to kill our 2nd Amendment rights. After all, anyone using murder to further their agenda is capable of anything.
edit on 4/17/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

"It is estimated that approximately 3,000 people were killed in Mexico as a result of 'Operation Fast and Furious,' including law enforcement officers in the state of Sinaloa, Mexico, the headquarters of the Sinaloa cartel," the court documents allege. "The Department of Justice's leadership apparently saw this as an ingenious way of combating drug cartel activities."

This information came from a story that is equally as disgusting as Fast and Furious. What happened to this story?

Is Obama Administration Now Involved in Drug Smuggling?

www.sodahead.com...

Obama =

new topics

top topics

join