It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany - A Koran in Every Household

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by Furbs

If I tell you, "Friend, beware of that snake! It is poisonous!"
Would this make me a fear-mongerer, or simply a friend trying to extend a warning?

Did I tell you to fear Fundementalists? Why should anyone fear a Salafi? They are mere human like you and I.

May Peace be with you.

Assalam Alaikum Siddique,

The problem is with the way some of our brothers approach Islam and people in general.

There are smarter ways to do something, without inciting hatred and enmity between people, where is the prophetic character gone when I see literalistic brother bashing and condemning his own brothers in Islam? This aggressive attitude is the problem.

Instead of introducing the beauty if Islam to the world (and curing it of many problems) Muslims have alienated themselves and the wider community because of their "Black & White" approach to everything, this attitude doesn't win any favours and simply shows the non-Muslims the ignorant side of of our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Jummah Kareem,

Walaikum Assalam.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puresk1lls
I wonder if this version of their koran is tampered with.
We shall see.

Not the Qur'an, but the translation and commentary most likely will be, leading to the types of interpretations we have now and Muslims being misguided.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Originally posted by 23432
reply to post by Sahabi

I am just curious , before you have converted to Islam ; have you never researched about the origins of wahabism & salafis ?

No one has ever told you about the origins of Saudi Arabian royal family ?

These are just a few of the books on this specific topic that I still have. I've got a very well-rounded personal library on all sorts of fields and domains. When I learn something, I hit it from every angle I can.

The Salafi ideology is appealing to a reverent Muslim for many reasons. The main reason is that the Salaf seek extreme purity of religion. In order to practice Islam as pure as possible, they ardently obey and follow the Qur'an, Sahih Sunnah (Traditions of Muhammad), The Rightly Guided Caliphs (Muhammad's 4 immediate successors), Sahaba (companions of Muhammad),Tabiyeen (generation after the Sahaba), and Tabe-Tabiyeen (generation after the Tabiyeen). They stick to these teachings and these edicts only. Everything not taught by these direct sources of Islam is considered bi'dah (innovation), and innovation is considered amongst the highest sins of blasphemy. Therefore, their ideology is forever stuck in the medieval ages of Arabia.

To a devout Muslim, trying to be as close to Muhammad as possible is a major striving. The Salafi school of thought promotes a strict adherance to the above mentioned sources, creating a massive appeal to devout Muslims.

These are the types of books that Salafists read. This ideology has deep roots to the Saudi Royal Family and to the bin Laden Family. I'm just saying.... look for the agenda. A radical fundementalist is not going to spend millions of dollars to give "charity" to their openly declared enemies. Salafists are the types of Muslims who intentionally travel to war-torn countries in order to participate in jihad.

If it were normal Muslims on an information campaign, I would not have entered this thread.

Peace.

Again I have to commend you for pointing out some facts.

But not all Salafi's are like this, heck I was a Salafi many misguided years ago when I first came to Islam. Most are simply following what they see as a purer form of Islam (not realising that they are in fact alienating themselves from a wider community).

Muslims, at a base level are all the same, they pray to the one god, they pray 5 times a day, uphold the 5 pillars of Islam and perform Hajj (Pilgrimage) etc however....some are misguided, some more than others and some are very much outside the folds of Islam (or what is permitted in Islam).

We, the "Ahle Sunna Wul Jamma" follow Prophetic Traditions. Meaning we try to uphold the characteristics and traditions of the Prophet (Peach Be Upon Him) which demonstrate how to deal with people, remain patient, calm, compassionate.

Not abrasive and abusive, these people had good intentions but were quickly hijacked by fundamentalists - unfortunately the Sunni Majority have the same problem now...

All because they don't read proper books now, if they do, the skim over them, only reading what they want to. They don't talk to proper scholars, who have knowledge and can disseminate complex subjects down to an understandable and consumable level, instead choosing to follow their ignorance (the ego).

In this day and age of instant information people don't have the time of day anymore to simply sit and listen, or read and understand what is going into their brain, it has to be instantly gratifying otherwise it's rejected...This applies to anyone actually, I am the same, I read technical books and tend to skim them now, because I know I can just google something (not realising the physical act of hold and reading a book has a more substantial affect on the intellect, as does listening to someone in person).

Peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Id be lying if i said i liked muslims or arabs, when you live with them like i do youll realize this

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join