It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama planning a COUP by discrediting the Secret Service?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It seems that this entire hooker/secret service issue in Columbia is being covered by the MSM to the hilt. Something about it just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

First of all, when was the last time you ever heard anything about the Secret Service? In my opinion, the Secret Service has been kept much in the dark and very little if anything has ever been reported about any type of misconduct.

Secondly, the Secret Service, regardless of what president they are guarding, is and always has been a top notch bunch of honorable men. The scrutiny that one has to go under to become an SS is incredibly invasive. Not just anyone can get into the SS. You have to have a pristine background.

Now all of a sudden, they are front page news. Over a flap about $47?

Why?

Why now?

Is it possible that the President and his puppeteers are using this incident to discredit the SS and force a total replacement of the service by the President's own, chosen, men?

Is this possibly TPTB's attempt to take over control of the Presidency?

Something about this case just smells. There MUST be something more to this story. Why would any SS agent compromise himself in this manor?

I personally believe that this entire story is fiction, and that it never happened.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Interesting idea, star and flag for you.

But doesn't the President already have complete control over the Secret Service, including the selection of the details?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
he ratted them out, thats for sure. i doubt, in the history of the secret service, that not one agent before them was screwing hookers over seas or going to bars and picking up women.

a job requirement of the secret service is to give your life for the president. and the president can't at least try to return the favor by looking the other way while they get laid off duty.

obama should have kept this in house.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe it was just to overshadow the fact that ALL the South American nations are pressing for the Cuban sanctions to be lifted, and to included in all future summits. AND here's the real story, the rest of the Americas are pushing for major drug reform, legalization, and you know tptb wont have that.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
At this point no one is sure exactly how Charley Sheen got on the plane.

All they know is the mini bar is empty.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its the secret service...aka, his bodyguards.
If he wanted to replace them, he wouldn't need a "coup". he could simply fire em all and restaff with different agents..his choice. the SS is not above the presidency.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was watching Soledad O'Brien this morning on CNN, and she had this thing on it with a ex-SS on. I believe it has happened, the brought up the point that this probably isnt the first time this sort of thing has happened. I believe that this is just being used to discredit the SS for some reason, not sure why yet. If it happened in the past, and happened now, why not just cover it up like all the other things they cover up. Now military officers are involved as well, this thing is getting deep.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Or perhaps members of the Secret Service are being set up by a foreign country to see how close to the president one can get. This needs to be looked at for the serious breach in security that it was. I think the president might be in danger and the secret service needs to be extra vigilant. As much as I don't like Obama, he is the president and I think we really need to keep a closer eye on him and his safety. If something were to happen to him, we get stuck with President Biden.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So, just because undergo very invasive background checks and investigations, they arent capable of corruption?
I wonder if the presidents pick their own SS agents or do they carry over from previous admins?
Reason I'm asking is because it seems that almost every dept of Obamas admin has one kind of scandal or another going, the highest being, (not counting him) Eric Holder.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
he ratted them out, thats for sure. i doubt, in the history of the secret service, that not one agent before them was screwing hookers over seas or going to bars and picking up women.

a job requirement of the secret service is to give your life for the president. and the president can't at least try to return the favor by looking the other way while they get laid off duty.

obama should have kept this in house.

Obama?

Obama is suddenly the msm?

Obama simply weighed in on it saying it was not approprate (to the effect..you can tell how interested I am in this). But can you imagine the outcry if it was indeed ignored? suddenly it would be Obama singlehandedly purchased all the prostitutes and wants to make a big prostitute white house or whatever.

Personally, I don't care. Prostitution is legal there, the SS are humans, they should have paid the extra 47 bucks, and people need to get out of other peoples bedrooms. The SS is simply a security agency, not some elected politician...we don't expect them to have no desires in their off time....just make sure the president doesn't get shot and there you go, job well done...have some tequila, catch a donkey show, etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Soliciting prostitution by any govt employee, be it a contractor or military official is against the law, no matter what country you do it in.
I used to be a DoD contractor and had to take a trafficking in humans training class every year and that fact is clearly outlined.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Mate, you are way off the mark. The Final coup happened on 9/11, but many would state it happened in Dallas on the 22nd November 1963
edit on 17-4-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

So, just because undergo very invasive background checks and investigations, they arent capable of corruption?
I wonder if the presidents pick their own SS agents or do they carry over from previous admins?
Reason I'm asking is because it seems that almost every dept of Obamas admin has one kind of scandal or another going, the highest being, (not counting him) Eric Holder.

And "they" complain there is no transparency. Under most administrations, such scandals would be clamped down and silenced.
Every department is filled with people, whom have some power, and are therefore somewhat corrupt (depending on degrees). Obama's office has a lax transparency rule, therefore we see the warts and moles that is throughout our entire system...now, do we continue to get transparency and be mature about it, or do we outrage ourselves over everything, proving we simply cannot handle transparency as a people.

I am failing to see the issue on this story outside of slow news and the msm desperately trying to drum up some sort of scandal.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The whole $47 bucks and prostitutes are one thing but having important information on the president out in the open is a whole other mess. STORY HERE

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't believe the allegations for a second. I think someone put the charges on the tab, and the agent disputed it because there was no one else in the room. All the reports about agents bragging in a strip club? That sounds like utter BS to me. I think they are being set up. Perhaps as an excuse to establish a security force separate from the secret service in preparation for the dictatorship to come, since secret service might be a threat to a dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by SaturnFX

Soliciting prostitution by any govt employee, be it a contractor or military official is against the law, no matter what country you do it in.
I used to be a DoD contractor and had to take a trafficking in humans training class every year and that fact is clearly outlined.

When in Rome...

Anyhow, probably why the agents in question got recalled..however, I believe the rule is silly. Not to say that whatever is legal in any country you visit = fine mind you (everything is legal somewhere)..but hell, prostitution is legal in some parts of the US. Technical rule surpressing freedom (two consenting adults and their choice on how to spend their personal money) and it should be removed. I am more upset about the non-payment for a service frankly...we need to remove these 1910 style rules and become adults that don't instruct morality to people in their time off.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'll agree on one issue. There is WAY more to this story, because even the racist news when a restaurant refused service to black Secret Service agents didn't get this much coverage. So, why are they all over this issue?

I have to disagree about any coup though. It wouldn't help Obama any to discredit the SS, and he has had more threats on him and more security surrounding him than any president in history, so there is no way he wants to screw up his relation with these guys!

Perhaps it was expanding the size and scope of the SS to accomodate Obama that allowed a weaker crop of candidates to get through? Perhaps it is an environment of weak leadership under Obama that allowed the standards to be lowered? I think those are strong possibilities, but honestly I think it is much bigger than that..... I think there was some type of event that threatened the president's life, and I think these agents were involved, and this prostitution thing is a way to downplay the threat while still destroying the men involved.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Perhaps as an excuse to establish a security force separate from the secret service in preparation for the dictatorship to come, since secret service might be a threat to a dictatorship.

Yes, of couse..that is the most reasonable conclusion one could come up with.

Ho-gate is not just some guys getting horny, its about a guy trying to become a dictator, so therefore destroying his bodyguards reputation for...___...and then somehow that will allow the red army to roll in...

Someone told me once that the secret service was made up by humans that actually got randy on their time off...but that can't be true...because you know...global warming or whatnot..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Got a little anecdotal true story here. Back in '97 I was TDY in DC for Public Service Recognition Week. We went out on the town and ended up at a high end strip club. I was a couple of months under 21 so I wasn't able to get in. I struck up a conversation with the doorman who was ex-Army himself and from a place close to where I grew up while I was waiting on a cab ride back to the motel. Then a BMW came and parked in the no parking zone and a well dressed late twenties early thirties black guy got out and walked in the club. The doorman (a middle aged black guy who was funny as hell running of the panhandlers) said "Check that cat out, looks like a drug dealer, and has dated 3 or 4 different strippers here since I've been working here. He's actually a SS agent on executive protection detail." I said "Really, how does he keep security clearance with associations like that?" Doorman says"I don't know, but if you guys get a walk through by a VIP on the mall this week you'll see him I bet." A couple of days later we had a Secretary of Defense ( Cohen at the time) walk through at our static display on the Mall. Sure enough part of the protection detail was the dude I'd seen a couple of nights before with the doorman. I whispered to my section " does the guy on the right in the security detail look familiar?" Sure enough they remembered him from the strip club seems like he was getting a lot of attention from multiple girls while they were inside. Needless to say since then I'd never had the squeaky clean image of the SS that they like to present.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
On the night before JFK was assassinated his entire Secret Service detail left him in a hotel room in Fort Worth guarded by a fireman while they went out and partied until 3 am.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join