It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Derailed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Global Warming scientists are struggling to explain why glaciers on the Asian continent are getting thicker in recent years. They fear that this may derail their efforts to receive government subsidies from Asian countries to conduct further research on climate change.

According to the BBC News, “some glaciers on Asia’s Karakoram Mountains are defying the global trend and getting thicker, say researchers. A French team used satellite data to show that glaciers in part of the Karakoram Range, to the west of the Himalayan region, are putting on mass.”

www.dallasblog.com...

The Nobel Peace Prize 2007 was awarded jointly to Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change"

I would say with Obama's Noble Peace Prize and Al Gore's Nobel Prize that credibility of the Noble Prize is being severely downgraded. Morbull Peace Prize would be a better name.

It explains everything....

edit on 17-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just because an isolated region isn't experiencing glacier melt doesn't mean global warming isn't an issue. Global warming or should we say climate change, is a REAL issue and is happening at an accelerated pace. There could be many factors that cause these glaciers to melt slower than others. It is very possible that while most regions heat up, a few stay the same or cool slightly.

I've also read in other articles that those glaciers have melted but not to the degree of others around the planet.
edit on 17-4-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Just because an isolated region isn't experiencing glacier melt doesn't mean global warming isn't an issue. Global warming or should we say climate change, is a REAL issue and is happening at an accelerated pace. There could be many factors that cause these glaciers to melt slower than others. It is very possible that while most regions heat up, a few stay the same or cool slightly.

I've also read in other articles that those glaciers have melted but not to the degree of others around the planet.

I'm not sure you read the article right, the glaciers are not melting slower they are increasing in size meaning not melting and gaining new ice. It not that they aren't experiencing glacier melt, it's about them growing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

World temperatures have remained virtually unchanged in the past 10 years despite predictions of global warming and America’s mildest winter in decades, Princeton physics professor William Happer contends.

www.newsmax.com...

Unchanged for over a decade, where did the warming go?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

In February, a US-led study published in Nature found that ice loss from the Himalayas was significant but had been badly over-estimated.

It calculated loss of 4 billion tonnes a year, compared with previous estimates of up to 50 billion.

www.abc.net.au...

William Happer is spreading disinfo and he's using his creditials to do so. Princeton should consider who they appoint to represent them in the future. Give me a list of high level respected scientists who agree with his statements and then maybe I'll change my mind.

Besides, I don't buy that man made CO2 is causing the warming. I believe its a cyclical cycle the Earth goes through.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Well when it comes down to who I believe more I think I'm gonna go with the Princeton physics professor over a blogger on ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The cartoon above explains it all....
More carbon dioxide = more plants food = more oxygen and more food
Glaciers growing is a sign of ice age coming

-What have government of the world been doing for the last decade - Shelters, doomsday bunkers, Denver airport, seed vaults, etc.... all nice places to be in a ice age

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Funny, if someone invented a way to warm the Earth it would be the greatest invention ever. More food for everyone and a diversion from the oncoming Ice Age but yet people all over are sold on global warming to an gross ignorant extent. Go green, well soon everything will be white and blue and frozen. The world is NOT warming, wake-up, there has been a ton of threads on the weather being crazy, the world has been cooling since 2004, tornados going crazy everywhere, horrible winters on the east coast.

Hundreds have died in frigid temperatures, snow and ice storms, and floods. This freakish weather in the Northern Hemisphere is connected by unusual behavior in the jet stream

new topics

top topics

join