It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergartner handcuffed, taken to police station after allegedly throwing tantrum

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

It's a scary foresight..

I was just discussing this with my wife who's from Bulgaria and grew up under heavy communism, and even there this would have been TOTALLY unacceptable..

And what about the bystanders? Imo theyre as much at guilt for letting this happen as the idiot LEO that actually did it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
throwing bookshelfs and furniture... I believe it was parent (grown up) abuse. Where did this strength come from, and was the child sexualy abused. that tis the question

WTF does a temper tantrum have to do with sexual abuse.

I was never, ever, ever, sexually abused, I threw many a desk in school. I slammed doors on teachers, threw furniture, ripped things off the walls or bulletin boards... all between K-4th grade.

Why would you even question if a kid acting normal was sexually abused?

Seriously, it's people like you that cause problems for people who are innocent. This was most likely just a kid in a bad mood throwing a tantrum...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Exactly. Teachers aren't allowed to, so someone had to. And these individual and arguably relatively rare incidents blown up to such levels by potentially that same masters you speak of also just might be the opposite motive by the puppet masters here...to further divide.

Do bad things happen? Sure. Some people, including children, for whatever reason, occasionally lose control and hurt or have the potential to hurt others. And other people have to make hard decisions when faced with this. But do either these actions always point to the worser of all evils? Probably not. Again, I'd more question and worry about both those who take a story like this or countless other examples and use it to incite people against each other and those who get sucked in..

Who is in control? You are. To not follow where they lead or be manipulated on any level. To just accept some things at face value and not judge and fear, because after all you weren't there as an eye witness and know only what they want you to hear and know and talk about, to not fall into the stereotypical traps, to not get all stirred up and add fuel and your opinion based on very little to the situation, to not see ghosts, communists, nazis, puppet masters. or whatever you fear most as proof or evidence or support of the same most in every story they choose feed you and have you focus on today, and to also not draw conclusions from this when perhaps maybe even both "sides" here are allowing you to know for whatever their "reasons" and in their own defense and maybe even believe is their truth.

Just my two cents, but typically tend to get more stirred up by the more common, pervasive issues that one "side" or the other is not spoon feeding me or avoiding altogether.

edit on 4/18/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
GOOD the little sod probably deserved it! she wont do it again knowing what will happen..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just looking over some coverage the story had been getting.

The little girl is pictured in this report ;
www.washingtonpost.com... _story.html

Some interesting commentary.

Across the country, civil rights advocates and criminal justice experts say, frustrated teachers and principals are calling in the police to deal with even relatively minor disruptions.
Some juvenile authorities say they believe it is happening more often, driven by zero-tolerance policies and an increased police presence on school grounds

Seems a lot less than throwing a tantrum and furniture around can get you in a lot of trouble in the police state that the US has turned into.

“Kids are being arrested for being kids,” said Shannon Kennedy, a civil rights attorney who is suing the Albuquerque, N.M., school district, where hundreds of kids have been arrested in the past few years for minor offenses

these shocking crimes by children include;

such things as having cellphones in class, burping, refusing to switch seats and destroying a history book. In 2010, a 14-year-old boy was arrested for inflating a condom in class.

www.washingtonpost.com... _story.html

the lunatics have taken over the building

edit on 18-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I believe it was the right choice. That child probably scared the other children. That child could have injured herself opening the door for a lawsuit. It is against policy to pin children down or shut them in a padded room. I'm not even going into disrupting class time. If that child so much as threw a book at mine that family will be in court. I will bet you would sue too. Traumatizing her? What about the other children? What about traumatizing the teachers? Unless this teacher was special ed. she didn't anticipated a 6yo smacking her around. What was she to do in defence? Sit on her? Hold her down possibly bruising her arms and wrists? Making the teacher out to be the bad person. This childs issues do not belong in the classroom. Oh. and by the way in case you haven't heard. Kindergartners talk about sex. Sweet new world huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If you think thats child abuse. I'm 35 and when I was a kid the the principal beat the s*** out of you with a wooden paddle.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Perhaps it may not have happened if the government does not tell you how to raise your children. While it is not against the law, simply google to find out how many parents have had their children taken away for spanking their child.

One judge, who sentenced a women to 5 years probation and took custody away from a mother had this to say on spanking a child:

"You don't spank children today," 214th District Court Judge Jose Longoria told Gonzales, KZTV reports. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children. You understand?"

That is what the judge told the woman before taking her children away, for a red mark on ones behind. No bruises, only a red mark, and on the behind where one generally spanks a child.

Perhaps rather than worrying about having to handcuff a 6 year old and place them in a holding cell for bad behavior, you should worry about having the right to raise your child, disciplining as needed, without government interference. If people did not have the worry they might loose their children, perhaps they would feel free to raise children who have respect for authority.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Well if you could just back hand the little brat we wouldn't be having this conversation. For those of you that don't have children, I don't think you realize what the educational system has become. In my daughters class all the students think the teacher is wrong and is rude and cocky to them! Did you read that... cocky to them! Now these are 10 years old's I can only imagine when they get a little older. Problem is in today's society we can't do anything without someone with no backbone complaining about it, "I don't hit my kids and they're perfectly fine and I'm the best mother in the world." These are also the same kids that think they # ice cream and have no experience with confrontation because their spineless parents raised them this way. Or you have the other demographic that could really give to #s what their damned kids do all day and this breeds the same sort of segregation between student and adult since now these children have warped complexes. I'm fine with this for one reason, the child is fine and not harmed, and I guarantee the kid will never ever try some # like that again. Good job!
edit on 18-4-2012 by NoJoker13 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Fact of the matter is, people are just getting sick and tired of the system as time goes by. Even kids are starting to question everything that we are told. This is why children act like this in school. Children have their own methods of activism, and this is one of them. People are just generally sick of TPTB and society, children included.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Yeah your wife lived under heavy communism huh and something like this never happened? And would be frowned on? No offense but that statement is laughable. Because clearly I can just type "Communist's treat Student's" into google and I get a million articles about it. Here's one of a chinese girl arrested for writing an essay about why her school is terrible. Take a look: en.minghui.org...

P.S. Be greatful we can even discuss issues in our fine country, if you think communist school isn't bad why dont you and your wife move to china and then come back an let us know what you thought. Till then enjoy the freedoms your given in this country and don't be so ready to throw your country under the bus.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Is it really? Because when I was a kid I had a little thing called "RESPECT FOR MY ELDERS!". See when I was a child if I had pulled some # like this I would have the fear of god in me because my father didn't stand for cocky, disrespectful bull#. These kids have a sense of privledge that I've never seen before and it stems from this attitude that kids can't be disciplined because all sort of people come out of the woodwork calling the people who did it, pedophiles, bullies, and maniacs. Also when I was a child it didn't really matter what I had to say about school, hey I hated it but tough # for me because I was a kid and had to do what my parents said. Curious thing, doing what your parents say... Kids now adays are pathetic and when their 30 and 40 you'll see how awful and moronic our youth has and will become.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Jesus .H. Christ America... Really??

All happening, day after day, again and again, with ever more regularity and with even larger displays of just downright utter stupidity and once again, all from what is that you guys say?... oh yeah "The Greatest God Damn Country in the Whole World'. Awesome stuff America... Truly Awesome. But this is about to be changed to:

'America - Bung As All #!'

... It's got a certain ring to it I suppose... and it fits better as a catchy title too for that other offering of epic entertainment you're country is starting to draw more and more international viewers too as well:

'Witness Firsthand - The Dumbing-Down of an Entire Country's Population and It's Culture Looks Like'.

Listen up guys; time to loose that 'collective apathy' OK? Time to do something about the ignorance that's now permeating your entire younger generation; turn the TV off, read something... anything that has words in it... get off the couch and go get your #ing country back for god's sake... it's now embarrassing to have to watch to be completely honest!

Seriously... Please.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
lmao at a teacher who had to call the police on a 6 year old.

Teacher = fail.

And also LMAO at a police officer who had to cuff a 6 year old. What an utter looser. Had to cuff a 6 year old. 6 years old

Supprised he didn't shoot her in the face in self defense. She obviously deserved it

What pillocks.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Did you actually READ my post?

I never said stuff like this never happened by the police, but would NOT be accepted by a a populace thats totally indoctrinated to worship the police as ultimate authority, that's the point i was trying to make, not that communism is good. (in theory it is, just not the execution, like pretty much all other forms of government)

I lack the outrage that there should be for handcuffing a 6 yo (arresting him instead of taking him to his parents put aside)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

When I was a kid I had respect for my elders too. Parents, relatives, neighbors etc. All except teachers and police. The whole point of my post was that even kids these days are capable of seeing what's wrong with the system and lash out at teachers because of it. It's not really different to what adult activists and protesters do. Kids just have their own way of doing it. I do not see anything wrong with this, and deep down I hope that this behavior continues.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LevelHeaded
reply to post by Nite_wing

But why was the police called in the first place? Why was she put into the cruiser? Why couldn't the school staff have handled a 6yo without police involvement?

because the parents would have sued the school for restraining their child....don't think so?.....read the article, the parents said "she was just having a bad day" yeah right...that's a responsible parent?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Lol and they try to make me believe im wrong for judging what happened here...

"Back in the days" when i still went to school, teachers at least were able to handle "their" kids.

How long will it be before one gets arrested for attempting to inflict serious injury on a teacher because they did the good old paper spit trough a straw on the blackboard while the teacher is writing.

In a very disturbing way this stuff is getting hilarious.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Certainly an entertaining era to exist in, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Entertaining is one way to discribe it indeed..

The famous chinese curse "May you live in interesting times" springs to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join