It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details

www.myfoxchicago .com

Blackhawks and A/MH-6 Little Bird helicopters used by special forces circling low through downtown Chicago skies made for a scary scene along the Chicago River, as they rattled windows flying among the city's skyscrapers.

The training exercise comes as the city found out some of the details of what the Secret Service wants for security at next month's summit at McCormick Place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They are making their presence known!! Let this be a warning to all occupiers, black bloc bunch, 99% springers and everyone else who plans to descend on Chicago on May Day and the days prior to the NATO Summit.

Secret Service will be in complete control!! Not the local authorities for this particular event.

Also expect to see
Portable high security barriers
Crowd control barriers
10-12 portable light towers
Sandbags, port-a-potties
Mobile offices
5-10 golf carts

There is also talk of shutting down the rail lines beneath McCormick Place as well.

Don't cry foul if things don't go your way in Chicago!!

www.myfoxchicago .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

In March, the city of Chicago purchased another 8,500 face shields intended to protect police officers during NATO. The city initially bought about 3,000 shields for $193,000 in February when the city was planning to host both the G8 and the NATO summits simultaneously.

Details are still streaming in about the May 20-21 summit that will draw world leaders and protesters to the Windy City, but other points remain unclear.

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

The Black Bloc bunch has been recently training in NYC by attacking a Starbucks of all places so I can only imagine what the aim to accomplish in Chicago. Chicago will be Ground Zero for what may lie ahead.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I guess better the black hawks than the apaches.

It would be nice if they'd warn folks a bit.
I was eating in a hotel on Jeckyll island one day when a line of them came up to the big window and scared the crapola after me. i had forgot about g8 being one island over.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

The Black Bloc bunch has been recently training in NYC by attacking a Starbucks of all places so I can only imagine what the aim to accomplish in Chicago. Chicago will be Ground Zero for what may lie ahead.

Black Bloc is mainly just a tactic by infiltrators and instigators to discredit a larger movement, and to justify police violence in the public eye. Dont play along.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Why? Apaches are for taking out heavy armour. Black Hawks with side mounted XM196 mini-guns are for taking out people.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Black Bloc is mainly just a tactic by infiltrators and instigators to discredit a larger movement, and to justify police violence in the public eye. Dont play along.

Do really believe that?
It's definitely a tactic that gets routinely downplayed as just a bunch of A.P. infiltrators causing all of the trouble. It's not the police that are the primary organizers and infiltrators of the Black Bloc Bunch. Don't play along with the Lisa Fithian song and dance routine. Look to the Union arm and beyond to our friends in the Ruckus Society... Occupy is trying to run from the kids in the black masks but its too late now. The two groups have been interbreeding since this all began based on the increase in Direct Action and Guerrilla techniques.

There is plenty of big name muscle and money that has been slowly working its way into this whole occupy, 99% Spring movement. Should be interesting...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

Originally posted by hadriana

Why? Apaches are for taking out heavy armour. Black Hawks with side mounted XM196 mini-guns are for taking out people.

More impressive are the Little Birds that used for this training. These nimble Little Birds are very capable at navigating the canyons of a Sky Scraper environment like Chicago. You can see them whizzing around in the video cited in the OP link. The Black Hawks are for deployment purposes primarily.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What could possibly go wrong?

At the NATO 60th anniversary summit in 2009, the host cities of Strasbourg, France and Kehl, Germany (border towns) became highly secured and heavily armed military fortresses.

Thousands of riot police and military troops were deployed along with anti-aircraft artillery, warplanes, helicopters, and surveillance aircraft. Curfews were enacted, and the everyday movement of citizens was controlled and credentialed.

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by jibeho

The training exercise comes as the city found out some of the details of what the Secret Service wants for security at next month's summit at McCormick Place

I thought all the secret service wanted was hookers.

They must have been checking out the local talent.

They're looking for counterfeit moneyshots.

It's a smaller branch of the SS, but they are dedicated.
edit on 17-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You know, it sure is interesting how they always have these summits in big cities so they can justify a massive military presence at a significant profit for the military outfitters, etc. And it helps them train in our urban areas, too!

I mean, I'm sure they couldnt hold these summits out in the country, miles from anyone,or, GASP online?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
You know, it sure is interesting how they always have these summits in big cities so they can justify a massive military presence at a significant profit for the military outfitters, etc. And it helps them train in our urban areas, too!

I mean, I'm sure they couldnt hold these summits out in the country, miles from anyone,or, GASP online?

To be fair they need hotel rooms and conference halls, not many rural areas have those things.

They could use that huge hotel in Colorado, but that's not rural anymore, very built up area now.

I like the idea of someplace like Mackinac Island, the Grand hotel alone has 385 rooms. Would be very easy to secure an island in Lake Michigan.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
wow.....

i was considering going up there for whatever protests were planned..... this sounds crazy.....

why the hell don't they just do the summit where summits originally took place..... on a summit....

this will be interesting, whether martial law is initiated from this or not..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

The point is they have them in big, populated cities because it benefits their larger plan.

They could EASILY have them away from major population centers. They could do it on a ship. They could to it at a resort.

But they do it in a big city so they can justify millions on security contracts, and getting the public and military used to a presence in urban areas.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am giving you S&F for being first with this story, I do not know which thread the mods will keep!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

To answer you:
Because Apaches crash a lot and aren't safe to fly over residential areas.
edit on 17-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am replying to you here also..

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by Jameela

It's a warning to all those who have been licking their chops regarding the NATO Summit since Chicago was announced as the host city.

I have said this many times and I will say it once more. In the days surrounding this event any and all security will be under direct supervision of the Secret Service. This event is classified as a NSSE or National Special Security Event.

The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security designates events of national significance as NSSE based on factors including, but not limited to: anticipated attendance by U.S. officials and foreign dignitaries; the size of the event; and the significance of the event. By statute, the United States Secret Service (USSS) is designated as the lead federal agency for planning, coordinating, and implementing security operations at NSSE. The FY 2012 NSSE Grant Program was developed by FEMA in coordination with USSS.

www.fema.gov...

You get in trouble here, you're messing in Federal jurisdiction. Pretty Simple!!
edit on 17-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

What is more important, your life? Your right to speak?

When people decide their rights are more important, it wont matter...

The few must always sacrifice for the good of the many, otherwise the many wont have the good.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Just as I was about to thank-you for keeping the two separate.
Oh well.

The two groups have been interbreeding since this all began based on the increase in Direct Action and Guerrilla techniques. There is plenty of big name muscle and money that has been slowly working its way into this whole occupy, 99% Spring movement. Should be interesting...

Prove it.

All that said, the protests are going to happen no matter what. I just pray that people, especially officials and authorities remember this is America and we are bound as well as protected by the Constitution. I wish I could be there. I wish I could be one of the ones to stand before all that will be on display and not be scared into silence but enraged and shouting in their faces that they will have to violate the Constitution in order to shut me up.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join