It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different point of view about existence - no reincarnation, only one life, only one being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What if there is no reincarnation, no evolution.
Maybe its just one being, living through all living beings, living this experience, there is no evolution, he just wants to live a lot of different lives, different bodies, different animals, he just wants to live all kind of situations.

And there is no afterlife.
He is just living through all of us.

No evolution, just an experience.

What do you think about it?

I don't buy it, i believe in reincarnation, evolution of the soul, karma, and all that but... i keep an open mind.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

What ifs are all essentially equal since what ifs are entirely speculative.

What if we're in The Matrix?

What if this is all just a dream?

What if aliens created us and are our gods?

What if there are no aliens?

What if the Hindus were right from the very start and every other world religion was wrong?

What if some really obscure primitive people still living like they did 10,000years ago are right, and every other belief system on the planet has been wrong?

What if cartoons came to life and started trying to tell us what to do?

What if we all suddenly became robots?

What if?
What if?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

If there is no after-life, then what happens to the essence of this being after living through us? If he is living through all beings then something must happen to the consciousness, he must withdraw it or something...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yup, i agree with your questions, but someone told me about this hypothesis the other day and i find it interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Regardless of actually getting a second life; a second chance, you should live your life like you do not.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: Green text is here.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Who is this "He" that might be planning to suck my essence out of me for his own self-centered use? Maybe I'll really poison up my essence so that he gets a really bad taste in his mouth when he goes to take everything I worked so hard to build of myself for his own lazy-*ss benefit. I may not be able to stop this bastard, but I can sure as hell keep him from profiting off me like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If we are all part of one being, that is living through us all, then they would be the most psychotic entity imaginable.

talk about self-mutilation and associative personality disorder heh not to mention a severe case of manic/depression to boot...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

My husband believes this is it.

You only go around once.

While he is a agnostic (doesn't know) he leans towards either there being no god or a god that is impersonal.

now a quote he has asked me to add to my collection;

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
alexsauer

Epicurus quotes (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)

Personally, I have had two past life recalls............not going into them, needless to say, no I was not Cleopatra or Ben Franklin.

My past life recall was very brief and in both I saw how I died (starvation in a concentration camp and hung on a tree).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nice point of view - it just so happens to be a song, IMAGINE!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If your what if is actually true then I guess we all better live it up and make the most of this life.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

What you put forth is basically what Alan Watts presented in his lectures. It draws a lot from the Hindu faith and the idea that we are all Brahman (I'm sure that's not the spelling) minus of course the idea of the individual soul. As for reincarnation.. that term as well as buddhist rebirth are totally misunderstood in the teaching of the buddha.... it all occurs in this life.. as we are constantly changing. Karma is here and now.

edit on 18-4-2012 by broahes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This right now is the one being. It never started and it never ends.
When does now begin and when does now end?
Reincarnation only happens in the mind, you believe that you are the same person when you wake in the morning as you were before you went to sleep. That 'person' is no more than a bunch of ideas. What if you had no ideas about who you have identified yourself to be?
Let the false identity die and just be right now, be right here.

Here is an interesting video:
youtu.be...
edit on 18-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

the issue as it appears from u always, in general i mean, is ur positive will behind any issue, that it becomes the issue by kicking u out first

individuality in objective terms is absolute existence truth, the more miss there is absolute the more individual freedom is out of any objective thing

individuality is then what is superior to absolute, while absolute is definitive objective superiority as a fact always n known, the constant limits of superiority making it objective always more

so individuality is the relative superior to absolute superiority by its own individual fact will or realisations of being real to itself as objective thing

those are facts of truth so noone has to do it

when that truth exist, then only extremes are meant, extreme positive is meant inn existence and extreme negative is meant to b kicked out of existence truth realms

meaning to take advantage of what exist, is claiming being what never exist, so u belong to extrems by ur own recognition before becoming a fact that would surprise u from recognizing that u r not alone there that know it

when u mean truth b careful what u r asking about, if truth exist then all and any is known hundred percent

new topics

top topics

join