It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universal truth is ease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The secret to life is ease.

Everything that we do is for happiness. Our brains are wired to care about others, so, sometimes this becomes happiness for others. Happiness is what happens when things go the way we want them to. Behind the happiness is ease. When life is easy we are happy. When things go the way we want them to, life is easy. When they don't, rhis is failure. Then, we must compensate for our loses. Life becomes more difficult.

Ease is the way of nature.

The leaves of the tree blows in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.
The raindrops fall in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

Life may be complex, but it starts off with a simple formula. At the basis, all different things are created from one simple thing, and that is energy.

The universe takes the way of most ease.

This is the secret to a happy (easier) life. It is to not care about the opinions of others and to not struggle, but to aim for most ease in life.

This is what others call "the path of least resistance".

So why not work on that goal, and when it gets difficult, take a break until you can find ease again?
Why not think thoughts which will bring you most ease, instead of worrying yourself?
Why not buy the tools which makes life most easy, instead of following what is popular?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The "path of least resistance" might be a popular one, but that does not make it the right or truthful one. In life we are faced with many decisions and often the right choice is the harder one. Often we can find happiness in the difficult choices in life and this is why I disagree with your assertion that ease lies behind happiness. With ease comes mediocrity and boredom; overcoming challenges brings success and accomplishment.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The "path of least resistance" might be a popular one, but that does not make it the right or truthful one.

Well, it can be seen in nature, so, it is indeed true.

In life we are faced with many decisions and often the right choice is the harder one.

It depends what your standard of "right" and "wrong" is.

Often we can find happiness in the difficult choices in life and this is why I disagree with your assertion that ease lies behind happiness.

We can play a video game with difficult levels, and it may make us mad when we keep losing, but still, the happiness comes after we beat it and we have the easy. It is not the difficult situation which causes the happiness it is overcoming it that causes it.

With ease comes mediocrity and boredom; overcoming challenges brings success and accomplishment.

Boredom is just a frame of mind. Too many people are not comfortable with themselves so they find more and more stimulation to distract themselves from themselves and consider time with themselves "boredom".

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Well, it can be seen in nature, so, it is indeed true.

Nature appears to strive for peace and harmony, not necessarily ease.

It depends what your standard of "right" and "wrong" is.

Yes it does depend on one's definition of right and wrong. But "ease" also depends on a subjective definition.

We can play a video game with difficult levels, and it may make us mad when we keep losing, but still, the happiness comes after we beat it and we have the easy. It is not the difficult situation which causes the happiness it is overcoming it that causes it.

Yes and that is my point. The decision to take on the difficult levels and defeating them brings happiness. If it were all about ease, we would enter our cheat codes and fly through each level without much resistance. Why is it that most people tend to want to finish a game before they enter the cheat codes and experience super easy mode?

Boredom is just a frame of mind. Too many people are not comfortable with themselves so they find more and more stimulation to distract themselves from themselves and consider time with themselves "boredom".

I agree with you. This is a problem I face with myself. Although I do have a lot of alone time, I usually spend it trying to distract myself.
edit on 17/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nature appears to strive for peace and harmony, not necessarily ease.

It is ease when the leaf blows in the direction of the wind instead of counter to it.l

Yes it does depend on one's definition of right and wrong. But "ease" also depends on a subjective definition.

Not, really. If you look up "moral" (right) in the direction, the definition is sometime like "concerned with PRINCIPLES of right and wrong". Morality is subjective to ones own principles.

Ease has an objective definition however. It is the lack of difficulty. Now ease may be a subjective experience, but it is still and objective definition. Just like wetness.

Yes and that is my point. The decision to take on the difficult levels and defeating them brings happiness. If it were all about ease, we would enter our cheat codes and fly through each level without much resistance. Why is it that most people tend to want to finish a game before they enter the cheat codes and experience super easy mode?

Most people like the excitement, that is why. They want the drama when they can not find the happiness and it becomes addictive.

When you play a video game, you already know that you are agreeing to a challenge. When it gets too difficult you may take a break for some ease, unless you are addicted to the challenge and like the difficulty.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

With ease comes mediocrity and boredom; overcoming challenges brings success and accomplishment.

Not every person is driven by competitive ambitions. Some are, and for them, competition is like fuel. That's great and God bless them if they're loving the effort, but insisting that the norm for humanity is to struggle and either succeed or fail is pretty presumptuous. Not every person is the same and some people (I count myself among them) actually succeed brilliantly when allowed to simply create and enjoy the process of creating without anyone popping in to jazz the whole thing up with competition.

Sh*t, I've fired more idiots from projects because they just couldn't imagine that their "firing up the team" crap was not the best way to approach every situation. Some people - incredibly productive and effective people - shut down completely when challenged, and if a leader doesn't understand that, he/she will never rise beyond the morass of middle management. Modern corporate culture is crippled beyond its ability to ever recover due to that lack of appreciation for the individual and what each person - competitive or not - brings to the table.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yes, some people are so addicted to the drama and competition. They are raised in belief systems believing that hard word and suffering is the right way, and relaxing and enjoying life is the wrong way. Then this gets rooted into them and they live each day believing that they are a failure and didn't do enough.

In reality, the only thing that you can do is be yourself. That is it. If you try to be someone else, you will not feel ease. It is easy to exist and to be yourself, but it is less easy to pretend to be someone else.

Unfortunately, people are running around seeks this spiritual truth and that spiritual truth, hoping that it'll change their lives.

The reality is, the caterpillar does not need a "spiritual truth" to become a butterfly. It is easy because it is natural.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the things humans do are a result of taking paths of more resistance; aka pushing the boundaries of whats possible, attempting difficult things with success... it is a means of requiring control, over ones self and surroundings,,,, all these threads you make,,, love, hate, ease, peace, as the universal truth,,,, all these things exist in the universe in some manner,,,, they are all relevant,,... sure the path of least resistance is easier and more default,, but we are creations of resistance,,, resisting all surrounding and opposing forces,, resistance is what builds our muscles,, life is the resistance of entropy/death... humans want to resist this more and more, and better and stronger and longer...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Depending on what is meant by this. For at times this is true, but we're also to struggle to overcome ourselves. However the ease, is the happiness, flow or moments when you are on track or the door has opened, and people should be wishing for, yearning for growing, learning lessons, in a loving happy system. This is a low vibration thoughtscape, and those here often feel they only learn through pain and suffering.

That is not how to heal or raise frequency. Seeing through this trap as a hijacked system is important, and seeking to understand, to have our programs removed and to learn the lessons we need to in peace, love and gentle ways is the right way to ask and approach this.

But also to ask for, and be stubborn, keep asking for the help we need to not give into bad tendencies or habits, to push past the limits or boundaries we have, to not give into tempations when we realize they're wrong.

Both are true.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by arpgme

the things humans do are a result of taking paths of more resistance; aka pushing the boundaries of whats possible, attempting difficult things with success... it is a means of requiring control, over ones self and surroundings,,,, all these threads you make,,, love, hate, ease, peace, as the universal truth,,,,

I should not have used the words "universal truth" because of course everything that exists is a universal truth. What I meant to say was "the universal nature" or "the dominant universal energy", something like that.

At first I said happiness, then love, then peace... I have never stated that it was hate though...

Interestingly:

Happiness is a part of love.
Love is a part of peace.
But what contains them all is "ease".

The opposite of ease is all of the opposites such as hate, anger, impatience, sadness.

The ease is when you are being your true nature and staying true to who you are.

It is ultimately easy to be yourself unless you are indoctrinated to believe certain things or trained to conform to rules. When you let go and be yourself, you will feel the ultimate ease.

It is all about taking the easiest path, doing what brings you most ease.

The universe is already taking this path. There is no need for stress and making yourself suffer.

When it rains and the winds blow, the rain moves in the direction of the rain. It is natural to take the easiest path.

This is something that I recently discovered.

Of course, most people can't accept this and it may seem "boring" to them since they aren't comfortable with themselves and need distractions, but ease is the natural way.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

YOU ARE RIGHT! The moment I get in that super chilled mood (when things are slow but also very intense) everything goes smoothly. Oppertunities just fall into my lap. Now to me that is the Secret. When you fret thing starts to go haywire. It's not about not taking responsibilities, it's about being in the Super Flow.

Unfortunately we are conditioned to "work hard" which means anguish. And guess what? Anguish is what you reap.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It's not that the bad things are easy to do, it's that people do evil things and it BECOMES easy to do, sort of like an addiction.

If we let go of all of these desires where society is telling us what we SHOULD want (cars, diamonds, expensive clothing, and so on), then we can just live without being a slave to society's standards and we can truly be ourselves.

reply to post by QueenofWeird

This is true, the flow of the universe, really is a FLOW. The flow is always of ease but sometimes people tag on other emotions to it.

If you do not have ease in life, then you are getting beat up by the flow.

The evil forces can use manipulation in two major ways. That is through Love and Hate (or Fear).

The Love can make you blind and they can manipulate things. Keep doing what THEY want you to do for more of their love and approval. Keep getting drunk on this alcohol that they are giving you.

The Hate is the negative way of manipulating things. It is slavery.

And of course we all know about Fear and how they false information on the news channels to scary people.

If you are feeling Fear or Hate, or even an intoxication to Love or Happiness, you should relax.

You do not need these addictions, although you can choose them if you wish, but these things can be used against you.

The feeling of ease is the flow with the universe.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Who said anything about competitive ambitions? My "overcoming challenges brings success and accomplishment" comment was in relation to oneself and not the satisfaction felt when competing against others. I wasn't suggesting that the "norm for humanity is to struggle and either succeed or fail", I was suggesting that with extreme ease many things aren't enjoyable. Even your tendencies to create are driven by a desire to be personally successful in your endeavours, are they not? That's all I'm saying.

"Firing up the team" is not where I am coming from. I think you need to reread my post - you are reading too much into what I said in the last sentence.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes absolutely correct.I wonder if stress were eliminated how long life could be extended.That is the true measur of evil in the worlds cultures.Always avoid stress as best you can.It's hard but every little bit helps.
Yes the guy in traffic cut you off,so what?What good is it loosing your temper?What purpose does it serve to further your life?
I try hard to follow this logic and fail often,but I keep at it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

of course this is one secret of ur life dying murdered right, we, i mean by we the true people, r asking for more
till end of ur nature life, it must b over that crap, u cant understand that of course, when it is about ur life death, oufff tomorrow is for us eternally saying oufff, finito all tht incredible boredom creepy kind in supporting ur present for present truth

ease is not free so it is wrong, free is never nothing nor something, so if right is not ease then right is surely not its opposite either nor anything else

ease is to count on others positive realisations and else strength, easy freedom is to invent lies about what is constant to suit oneself stillness in pretending being positive free

it is surely very hard to b truly smthg that is way more before n everywhere, especially at its ends time, true freedom

while it is the exclusive right objective perceived anywhere when only freedom exist

what is ur sense about ease in truth?

ease is the right way in handling hardest points to join in order to stay real

ease from knowing that the result of being true is being constant ok, so the abstraction of the result while u r working hard

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I wasn't suggesting that the "norm for humanity is to struggle and either succeed or fail", I was suggesting that with extreme ease many things aren't enjoyable.

Enjoyable is just an opinion, but I'm not sure how things like comfort or a peaceful mind is not enjoyable, these things are a part of ease.

Even your tendencies to create are driven by a desire to be personally successful in your endeavours, are they not? That's all I'm saying.

A desire to be personally successful does not mean a lack of ease. You could still feel ease while doing it.

Most of the time the best ideas come when I'm not longing and trying hard to come up with them, they come when I feel ease, they just pop up and I just flow with it.

And most humans take breaks when they start to lose their ease....
edit on 17-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

it is very bad to enjoy urself, which mean how it is evil to make it hard for urself

u cant understand that logic bc u never mean to b true of truth, so somewhere out free of freeing truth

of course what is positive is objective existence while what is negative is always nonexistence, only what is objective can b positive and only what is positive objective is constant in value terms of objective constancy

so it is bad to enjoy urself, bc u r forcing there darkness to everything else
when truth exist, then freedom value must b absolute fact for relative existence

enjoying urself, is denying the value being objective or at least objective right before u

the point is what u cant but think of opposites

not enjoying urself is never about enjoying others or enjoying life or enjoying truth

not enjoying urself is simply ur conscious obligations to mean ur freedom always but in positive reality with objective freedom too for freedom truth which u should b always relative to and act as such in means the least possible, which is the extremes

anyone can mean not being happy for knowing that unhappiness and others unhappy exist

anyone can show its respect to objective right facts, from knowing that positive truth is the only way of first existence and last one

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The secret to life is ease.

Everything that we do is for happiness. Our brains are wired to care about others, so, sometimes this becomes happiness for others. Happiness is what happens when things go the way we want them to. Behind the happiness is ease. When life is easy we are happy. When things go the way we want them to, life is easy. When they don't, rhis is failure. Then, we must compensate for our loses. Life becomes more difficult.

Ease is the way of nature.

The leaves of the tree blows in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.
The raindrops fall in the direction of the wind, and not counter to it.

Life may be complex, but it starts off with a simple formula. At the basis, all different things are created from one simple thing, and that is energy.

This is the secret to a happy (easier) life. It is to not care about the opinions of others and to not struggle, but to aim for most ease in life.

This is what others call "the path of least resistance".

So why not work on that goal, and when it gets difficult, take a break until you can find ease again?
Why not think thoughts which will bring you most ease, instead of worrying yourself?
Why not buy the tools which makes life most easy, instead of following what is popular?

Seems like a decent doctrine, but one that's been promoted many times before. A "middle path" or "golden mean" approach to life is one that many attempt and needn't be dogmatized. If you're speaking about taking life below that, maybe into some sort of slothful existence in search of pure happiness, well I'd say many are currently practicing this in modern times.

Even though I disagree with some of these thoughts, I really enjoyed this:

If I look at it on a grander scale, the last sentence is simple and remains very profound to me for some reason. Maybe your idea of taking the path of least resistance shouldn't be promoted; if life is more of a battle against gravity, and we spend our entire being pushing against it, to give in could be to die. But if that was the case, defending yourself against gravity would be done in vain, since we all get pulverized into dust anyways—so why even bother and why not just enjoy the ride? Maybe you're right in the end...

I enjoy thinking about it because the thought of flight makes me giddy. If it is at all probable that dinosaurs evolved into birds via some will to defend themselves against the physics of the universe, and grew wings in vain, it would be just as likely that other species—namely humans—could do the same.

Is that vanity and fight against gravity necessary for promoting our evolution? I like the idea.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Or maybe evolution happens naturally and should just live your life being you and being free (ease) and let nature take care of the biology.

The path of most ease does not mean doing nothing, it means taking the path which will bring you most ease.

If you have two choices and they are a life time of suffering or a moment of suffering, it makes sense which one will bring most ease.

edit on 18-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Or maybe evolution happens naturally and should just live your life being you and being free (ease) and let nature take care of the biology.

The path of most ease does not mean doing nothing, it means taking the path which will bring you most ease.

If you have two choices and they are a life time of suffering or a moment of suffering, it makes sense which one will bring most ease.

Yes, I'd say evolution is a a natural occurrence based on the physics of the universe; but since we try to stay away from Aristotelean logic these days, I'd also suggest that there are infinite amounts of varying degrees of evolution. And since we are in fact a part of nature, we too may posses the power to either promote or impede our own evolution.

It feels to me that if I were to live a doctrine of ease, I'd only be allowing myself to be whittled down by physics, and more easily pushed into the earth by gravity. Maybe that's why man builds skyscrapers and airplanes, because they're possessed by some subconscious will to defy and disobey their inevitable destroyer; and since we haven't been flapping our arms in the hopes of growing wings for long enough, our only methods available come from the most evolved organ of our body, the only one we've been using—the brain.

I still say that through action, and some sort of will to disobey gravity and push back against the physics of the universe, evolution and the growth of humanity could be promoted. I enjoy the thought anyways...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join