It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about alien avatars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am glad you responded. As for the reptilian eyes, you say they look cool. Do you have an affinity for them?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

All the stuff that you talked about with the sentience of a machine race is stuff I've thought about also. I love the movie, "I Robot" because of all the complexities involving this very thing, it really makes you think. I believe it's possible too. My dad though thinks it's ridiculous to think like this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

I've always been interested in space and aliens too. I saw a UFO when I was a kid. Maybe that started it for me?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by Khedwulf

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am glad you responded. As for the reptilian eyes, you say they look cool. Do you have an affinity for them?

I suppose you can say that I do. I was raised in a desert climate, so there has always been all sorts of reptiles all around me. I remember as a kid me and my friends would run around through the desert, and catch lizards, then let them go. Heck, I even thought I was part reptile when I was a kid, because I have scaly skin on my shins, but that is obviously due to a dry skin disorder. I have never had a reptile pet though.

Reptile eyes just look really neat, I think it would be cool to actually to have slanted eyes, so that is why I photo edited my avatar to look like a reptilian eye. I even just added a blinking third eyelid, except I think it needs some improvements still, the one I have now was sorta just put together in 20 minutes.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

You're lucky! I've always wanted to see one. I believe in alien existence and the fact that we're not alone in the universe, but I've always wanted to confirm it with my own eyes.

I've seen a shadow person, but that's no alien!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've NEVER seen a UFO or alien, and honestly, I dunno WHAT started my lifelong fascination, Ive passionately presued this subject i think since i was 8 or 9 i think

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This may sound off to you, but do you think you may have had contact or some sort of experience that you are suppressing the memory?

I have had an alternating fear/fascination thing going on with it since I was a kid. I did see a UFO when I was oh maybe in like 3rd or 4th grade. I have had visions/dreams that seem to point to an alien experience. I do not have any conscious memories of anything since that one in 3rd or 4th grade though. Until more recently at least. I started seeing stuff more around 2007. Also, my dreams and visions have picked up.

I can't shake the thought that I've had something possibly happen without a conscious memory of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I've had regression done. didnt find anything...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
followed the OP's sig link here..

my beef with aliens in general is perfectly stated in this comment 1-2 pages back;

I support legion and his quest to understand shepherd commander and his motivations!
Long live the Geth!

because "legion" is a reference to a demon
and the "shepherd commander" is jesus

that member also went on to say;

...robots will take over...

keep in mind a robot is an 'artificial person'

and the artificial people are certainly on the rise..
..many of them embracing this whole "alien" thing

do some digging on the scene (and when i say some, i mean A LOT)
first link the theosophical movement to the UFO movement & it's all down hill from there (pun intended)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I just wanted something alien or ufology related as that's the subject here that most intrigues me. So I took a clip from a youtube alien hoax video and made a gif out of it.

No hidden meaning

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
For me, it would be that it seems exciting to be on a starship or visit other worlds and get away from this F***** up S*** we call living and society here. I yearn to be part of a more advanced spiritual society who, at least, try to "get it". Its also greatly romanticized because of movies and T.V. programs. They make it seem cool.

In all reality, they probably have the same stuff we deal with: family, political, etc. In the end, for me, its the proverbial "greener pastures" scenario.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dreampsi

Thanks for your reply. I have mixed feelings about alien stuff. I think there are good ones and bad ones, just like there are good humans and bad humans.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

When I was a Christian, I would have agreed with you. It always bothered me that I had an interest in the paranormal and aliens. I was taught that I should have nothing to do with such things and that my reading about it would open spiritual doorways to places and beings that I wouldn't want to have access to me.

Why do you so clearly believe that the legion reference and the shepherd commander reference are biblical? They can both be something else.

I also don't necessarily think robots are bad, but I don't think it's a good idea to completely trust that things won't go horribly wrong with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
On all my other sites where a photo is attached, I look like an alien. It used to be if you googled my name you would see me. You still can, but now you have to hit the “show more” at the bottom of the page. The reason I did this is because I did not want people to see me. That in itself draws undesirables. I chose the alien because I want people to keep them in mind. I saw my first UFO at 10 and my second at 16. I do not think they are going away, so it is best to keep their presence in view.

The only reason I do not have the alien look here is that for some reason it would not link to ATS. And it is still that way because I have completely forgot how to link a photo.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Thanks for the reply. I personally saw my first one when I was maybe (ugh my memory stinks!) maybe 8 or 9. Then the next definite time was when I was around 30. But there were other things in my life that cause me to believe that I've experienced more. Could be nothing though.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Alien, what are you on about? We left this planet before the last planetary disaster, living in the outer reaches of the solar system. I was sent here to see if the people that descended from the survivors are ready to accept us. And now, another planetary disaster starts. I took that photo last October. Yes, that is an actual photo of me.

In all seriousness, I am many characters, satyr, ipotane, merman, cat, gorilla, teddy bear, to name a few. I have created characters and costumes that feel right for me to be. The alien, his name is Ngh, is just one that I feel fits this site. I do believe we are not alone in this universe.
edit on 5 23 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Interesting. How did he get the name Ngh? I had to look up ipotane. I've never heard that word.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

While I was working on the character, I decided i wanted ether a totally mundane name or an inhuman sounding one. I went with something exotic sounding.

I had been thinking of making as aliren character for a while. Finally found a mask I liked and bought it. I have been interested in them as long as I can remember.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join