It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about alien avatars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh I just love aliens

I have always been into aliens so it was only fitting my avy's involve aliens in some way.

My avy was made by Infaredman. I wanted an alien with red lipstick and IRM did a great job! This is one of my favorite avy's. Somehow I thought people would look at my avy and color and know I'm a female but somehow I am still mistaken for a guy.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you for your response. I remember your avatar of the Queen Grey always looked so creepy to me. I think it's the lipstick.
Anyway, when you say you are "into" aliens, do you mean the pop culture aspect of it, or you really like to research about them? Do you have good feelings about them? It seems like maybe you do, by the avatar at least.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

How about these alien avatars?

http:/ /t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRffj6-lBodOdvb7dN5rjKoWtTfDN2wLL5yuu118CjYNxy1ZuUY-w

http:/ /t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRawpZopom8Gd0fuSqTudevXTAyQkMIm1Hf2nz95QG340Ol8rG0

Remember when you cut and past these addresses to the address bar backspace between the / / then press enter to make the link work. The external link feature wont work on here for some reason so that's the best I could do.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

They look like people. Am I missing something?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Oh I just love aliens

I have always been into aliens so it was only fitting my avy's involve aliens in some way.

My avy was made by Infaredman. I wanted an alien with red lipstick and IRM did a great job! This is one of my favorite avy's. Somehow I thought people would look at my avy and color and know I'm a female but somehow I am still mistaken for a guy.

In this day and age it can get confusing if one is a male or a female, since you clarified that, lets move and allow me to say ...hello there
edit on 17-4-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

They look like people. Am I missing something?

The avatar is an animated character rendition of someone who is believed by some in the ufology community as an alien hybrid or starchild. Even the person who is depicted believes, or fantasizes rather, they are a starchild.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This sounds weird, but you have me interested for two reasons. First, I realize they are just jpegs or whatever, but they look a little like me only I have blue eyes... lol... Also, who is this person? And is there a real photo of them somewhere and can you direct me to anymore info on them?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Sure, but I will have to do it in PM because the person is the better half of an old internet pal of mine who I have fallen out of contact with, but still I want to respect him by respecting his lady. She is sort of moon batty, and I don't want to drop her name in a public forum about being moonies.

You know this has more to do with the other thread I'm posting with you on. Rune Scape related.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Hi. I chose my alien avatar - Thor - because:

1. I am passionate about anything alien.
2. I believe in the existence of aliens.
3. I love Thor.
4. I have been interested in sci-fi of all kind for many years.
5. My partner says I am an alien. He says everytime an update comes in - each update is getting dumber.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I have always believed in other beings in the universe. I am more into researching about aliens than the pop culture side of it. I was actually really happy when Ancient Aliens came out because so many things I have read and discussed with people are discussed on the show. I had friends who started watching it stop thinking i was just some alien nut, so that helped.
I believe there are aliens that look like us and others that look nothing like us. I also believe there are good ones and bad ones. As for them visiting right now, not 100% sure on that but it wouldn't surprise me. I have seen UFOs and I have never seen any aircraft do what these things did....so if we as in humans are the pilot of these crafts then it must be something from another world or dimension...I also believe in dimensional beings which some say are aliens. I just go with the "anything not from earth is an alien."

LOL I never thought about my avy being creepy. There are some on here that just creep me out! Signals for whatever reason when I see his it makes me jump lol

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

Yes, yes, it helps a lot. Thanks for your clear response. Though I don't know who Thor the alien is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ah thank you for clearing it up for me. I was hoping to have more serious responses for my questions, so thank you for taking the time. I am very interested in alien stuff also, and it sounds like I think like you do on the issue. Ancient Aliens on TV has helped me not look so kooky to my loved ones also.

Actually the more I think about it, your avatar isn't as creepy to me as it used to be. My mind is getting more open to that kind of stuff I think. A lot of my dreams have helped that to happen.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sorry to butt in, but FYI > arcturi.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I see a lot of people on ATS have aliens as their avatars. Why?

It's the most popular and frequented forum on the site, simple as that really.
So, the majority of members will come here for that subject, and it will be reflected in their avatars.

Ancient Aliens on TV has helped me not look so kooky to my loved ones also.

Unfortunately, this show tends to ignore art history and cultural explanations for oddities in ancient art in favor of EVERYTHING being due to aliens, which instead makes us all look wacky...
edit on 19-4-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I understand an interest in UFOs and aliens, but what I was wondering more specifically about is if the people that have them view aliens as good I guess. For example, I used to have an avatar of Lori Petty as Tank Girl. I picked it because I like Lori Petty and I like Tank Girl. I would like to be more like them, so you could say I admire them. So... I was wondering if anyone put the alien avatars because they liked them and wanted to be like them (I know this sounds silly) or they felt connected to them in any way.

Another example, I don't like spiders, so I would never have one for an avatar. So it stands to reason that they wouldn't put the pic of the alien if they didn't like them. There are so many ways to view the aliens by the stories people tell. Some are quite scary. Would a person who was scared of aliens use one for an avatar? *shrug*

Maybe I didn't make it quite so clear in my OP. I really expected more people who actually have the alien avatars to respond. Not that others' responses aren't welcome. Thank you for your response also.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Relax OP We come in peace.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Speaking of avatars, nics (screen names) and so forth...yours

sfbook.com...

You took the first name of the main character and the author's last name and made a nic out of it. nifty

edit on 21-4-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: my post needed rolling eyes

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I am relaxed. I remember you. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You caught me. I relate to Ellie Arroway, and I greatly admire Carl Sagan.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

You caught me. I relate to Ellie Arroway, and I greatly admire Carl Sagan.

That's really academically wholesome.
Few are.

I find people to more like

in general unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join