It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the appeal of nightclubs, loud music, darkness, bright lights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok let me be honest about something that will make me look like an uncool loser.

Clubs and discos would be a lot more fun if the hot sexy girls there would flirt or engage me like they do in the movies. But if they just ignore me, and I'm just sitting there with loud music in the background, cigarette smoke in the air around me, and bright lights, it's simply a boring experience. Since I'm not big on dancing, what's in it for me? Even worse, the fact that the hot girl there ignore you and give you the cold shoulder, makes it an ego-deflating depressing experience. So when I go home afterward, I feel # about myself. That definitely DISCOURAGES me from going again. So what's the point? Every time, I end up deflated and depressed afterward cause I was tempted with all these hot girls around me, yet I couldn't do anything about it, even though I wanted to badly, which creates extreme frustration and let down. Then when I get home, I regret not trying harder to come onto the girls there, and keep beating my head over it.

In the final analysis, it's an overall NEGATIVE experience with high stimulation ending in disappointment. That's why I have a negative attitude toward the whole experience, besides the annoying deafening loud music, bright lights, smoke and darkness.

I know this is not a cool thing to say or admit, and no one else in my position would openly admit the above, but hey, the truth is the truth. So what is wrong with being honest? I hate a world where you can't be honest.

My favorite quote from George Orwell:

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Have you all noticed that lower IQ people tend to have more fun in clubs than higher IQ people? Why is that?

Have you noticed that lower IQ people also seem to fit in better in large groups than higher IQ people do. Why is that?

Have you noticed that higher IQ people can stand longer periods of being alone than lower IQ people can? Why is that?

Have you noticed that lower IQ people also have a higher tolerance for noise than higher IQ people do, as German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer mentioned in his essay "On Noise". Why is that?

www.noisehelp.com...

Quotes about Noise by Arthur Schopenhauer

Quotes are from the essay "On Noise" except where noted.

I have long held the opinion that the amount of noise that anyone can bear undisturbed stands in inverse proportion to his mental capacity and may therefore be regarded as a pretty fair measure of it.

~ The World as Will and Representation (1819)

The superabundant display of vitality, which takes the form of knocking, hammering, and tumbling things about, has proved a daily torment to me all my life long.

Noise is a torture to intellectual people.

Noise is the most impertinent of all forms of interruption. It is not only an interruption, but also a disruption of thought.

Noisy interruption is a hindrance to concentration. That is why distinguished minds have always shown such an extreme dislike to disturbance in any form, as something that breaks in upon and distracts their thoughts. Above all have they been averse to that violent interruption that comes from noise.

Occasionally it happens that some slight but constant noise continues to bother and distract me for a time before I become distinctly conscious of it. All I feel is a steady increase in the labor of thinking — just as though I were trying to walk with a weight on my foot.

The general toleration of unnecessary noise — the slamming of doors, for instance, a very unmannerly and ill-bred thing — is direct evidence that the prevailing habit of mind is dullness and lack of thought.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Eurofile007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Immersion

The 'nightclub' experience is almost a simulacrum of the womb experience...right down to the heartbeat in drums and bass...

A99

<< 1   >>

join