It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Standard of Living Has Fallen More Than 50%

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

U.S. Standard of Living Has Fallen More Than 50%

www.thestreet.com

Using the year 2000 as the numerical base from which to "zero" all of the numbers, real wages peaked in 1970 at around $20/hour. Today the average worker makes $8.50/hour -- more than 57% less than in 1970. And since the average wage directly determines the standard of living of our society, we can see that the average standard of living in the U.S. has plummeted by over 57% over a span of 40 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The manufactured MSM media mind-domination/soul-contamination matrix in Amerika is having a harder time than ever keeping a straight face as it attempts to convince a shrinking audience that “its all gonna be OK.” The reality of our lurching corpse of an economy belies the lies - whether said lies are Obama's laughably cheesy Potemkin-village-style fake "recovery" of massaged statistics or the ##SNIPPED## candidates’s "think happy thoughts and St. Ronnie Reagan will bless us long enough to make to the rapture" brand of hallucinatory denial.

The truth is that the Amerikan dream is deader than the sedated minds of the few poor fools dumb enough to still buy into it. And it ain't coming back, folks.

How about a look at some REAL numbers? The quote above is a tiny sliver of the heapin' helping reality delivered in the form of a clue-by-four, slapping you in the face for a much needed wakeup call. The chart below (from the article) tells the real story, which is fleshed out in the link. Read it and reap, my fellow captives of the Amerikan nightmare:

It's morning in Amerika again. But there ain't no morning-after pill this time. And what rough beast gestates in the obese abdomens of the poverty-stricken populace, ready to rupture forth like something worse than Ridley Scott’s most florid alien nightmare?

www.thestreet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Tue Apr 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Tue Apr 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Maybe the US is getting poorer because other parts of the world are becoming richer. That might not be a bad thing either...

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Leftist

Maybe the US is getting poorer because other parts of the world are becoming richer. That might not be a bad thing either...

Sorry, but not really. Whatever gains the rest of the world is making are being snuffled up by the piggies in charge over there (just as they are over here), eroded by a dying environment, and diluted by soaring birth rates.

Don't fool yourself... all of planet earth is a sinking ship.

In Amerikkka what few gains there are are going into the pockets of a tiny group of fantastically wealthy bloated kleptocrats. The rich get richer by selling your lifeboat to a greater fool in the third world, who doesn't realize its wormy hull isn't going to do them any good either.
edit on 4/17/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Leftist

I would say both worlds are actually getting poorer... if theres anything wrong with the world right now its the heavily skewed distribution of wealth, of which the masses get a bones worth out of a full plate

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its gotten so bad that American's are actually leaving America to chase the 'American Dream'.

This would have been unthinkable only a short time ago.

I feel sorry for the ones that cannot escape the doom that is America.

www.nytimes.com...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Good find. This trend has been going on for a few years but its gathering steam.

Although, for most, as noted, nothing much better awaits.

Amerikkka is falling but nothing is rising to replace it in any meaningful way, for the vast majority of people. When they talk about a rising India or a rising China, what they really mean is a handful of new billionaire pigs, and a chance to move up from sleeping on a mud floor to sleeping on a factory cot for everyone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

reply to post by Leftist

I would say both worlds are actually getting poorer... if theres anything wrong with the world right now its the heavily skewed distribution of wealth, of which the masses get a bones worth out of a full plate

Bingo. This is is it, pay attention everyone.

The hype of the BRICs nations is smoke and mirrors for 99%.

Things won't get better until a stake is driven through the heart of the corrupt capitalist system and people learn to deal with the environment well and control their birthrates. None of these things seem to be even remotely close to happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So they earn less even though there's more money in the rotation?

And that's why I was never arsed to study for economics.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

I can't take anyone serious that spells America: Amerikkka.

It's very childish and also .. pithy.

The main reason for the decline in the standard of living is the loss of well paid manufacturing jobs.

As long as some countries are poor and some rich the owners of business will push these manufacturing jobs around. That's capitalism in a nutshell really. Decrease cost, increase profit, protect owners.

But... you know what... until there's some sort of world government (that's not me wishing for a world government btw) this is basically unstoppable.

The poor will always be with us, as they say.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Could it have been all the high-wages that the auto-industry got in the US, that sent those car manufacturers bankrupt or overseas?

In 1950 Michigan was one of 8 states that collectively produced 36% of the Worlds GNP.

The union wages must have been high in 1970...

A lot of high paying jobs disappeared.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I see this as Problem/Reaction/Solution to promote their NWO Fascist Brutal State.

Fascism is Illegal. Its Slavery and no human stands under any other. All forms of this including money are against basic common laws of No Harm To Others.

Running systems of scarsity instead of abundance is Harm and Slavery.

I just want all the leaders of the world, in every country arrested, and put in jail, and the bankers, and the corporate heads.

Like Benjamin Fulford has discussed, if they don't want arrest, then the only other alternative is to: amnesty and disclosure.

I want them to:

1. To STEP DOWN.
2. Come Clean and Disclose all.
3. Get rid of banks, scarsity, and all systems of slavery and implement Grass Roots, People run (not NWO run) Venus Project style systems of absolute abundance and clean progressive technology for earth.
4. Ensure everyone can live anywhere and relocate dangerous areas, providing there is Earth Changes, and dismantle their systems of abuse.
5. Put their technology in use to clean the earth, rid us of radiation, and cure all diseases and cancers.
6. Have world wide virtues of equality and social justice, and dental/medicare/schooling/homes, etc, in place.
7. Make equality and freedom with Highest Virtues absolutely intrinsic world wide, so all the fascist countries would become obselete as would Theocracies.
8. Seek amnesty and spend their lifetime serving others on bended knees with their heads shaved like monks.

Other than that I want them all arrested.

And I''m not ever going to embrace any from of communism/slavery either. No totalitarian governments are ever going to thrive in this world again.

I suggest people do what they can by forming councils of citizens in their own regions as watchdogs of their systems and stop allowing any form of corruption to take place.

I also suggest they let the police know that unless they're serving them, and not Corporations, they will no longer pay their salaries, because they are going to pay their own police salaries, who will arrest the bad guys.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The only thing more ridiculous than spelling America with three Ks is talking Fulford seriously.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

The only thing more ridiculous than spelling America with three Ks is talking Fulford seriously.

How about taking the article seriously, even if you don't take my spelling seriously?

Or is all this bluff n' bluster about spelling simply a way to hide from uncomfortable truths?

At least we agree Fulford is a carnival barker.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I see this as Problem/Reaction/Solution to promote their NWO Fascist Brutal State.

Mmmmmmaaaybe.

Depends who you mean by "their" and "NWO."

Basically I don't see any nefarious group of cigar-chomping fat―cats sitting around a boardroom table talking all this stuff out. Reptilians, bloodlines, illuminati, Fulford's folks, the elders of Zion, and whatever other hoary old conspiracy cliche you want to dredge up...nope nope nope. All cartoonish nonsense. We are too late in the game and too deep in the muck to indulge ourselves with cartoon villains. Its time to get real.

The real deal are guys on Wall Street - Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs. Plus the military-industrial players, then the Anglo-Zionist-Protestant financial axis, big pharma, agribusinesses. Old-line New England preppies like George Bush and other guys who graduated from a high school with "Phillips" in its name and ivy on its walls, and then went to Harvard or Yale or one of the other Ivys in the US. On the other side of the pond, the Eton/Harrow/Oxford/Cambridge krew. There are enough of these types so that they don't all know each other, but they all speak the same language - they know what restaurants are good in London or New York, they can recommend you a good tailor, they know how to tie knots on a yacht, a fine silk tie, and their mistresses’ Hermes scarfs. These types recognize each other by their shared culture, but there are too many of them to sit around an actual table and hash out detailed plans. Its more about an *attitude.* A *worldview.* And a bank account with a lot of zeros in it. These are the real TPTB, and they aren't aliens. Eyes in pyramids have nothing to do with it. They are bland yet ruthless.

Know your enemy.

edit on 4/17/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I like what he says very much, and he is Canadian, and I don't believe you could demand D. Rockefeller grace your humble apartment for an interview.

That being said, I don't trust any of them one bit. But since he has called for amnesty, I brought him up.

Because I am waiting, for everything I wrote. This world won't be FREE UNTIL THEN. I am here For That Moment.

Earth is either going up, and becoming free, or I would rather the sun super nova'd than NWO or any more fasicsm or abuse of human kind occurs.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Like I said, the silly spelling makes it hard to take it seriously... but like I also said, it's all due to the opening up of international manufacturing and globalised trading...

And that happened because wage equality and worker protection isn't consistent between countries.

But of course the alternative is also a (at least short term) disaster as we, all of us.. almost... rely on trade imbalances for our work, taxes, etc., etc.

If there was no "world factory" country then consumerism would collapse in many places, as it's mostly propped up by chea good, which is propped up by cheap labour, which is propped up by totalitarian regimes...

So...

Good luck ever reclaiming that standard of living... it's long gone...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

The fact is, they do make these plans,there is a shadow government, and the Trilateral Commision and Bidlenburg IS composed of the middle management. We don't see the above group, but they're not even human.

They are farming earth and harming billions. Running a world of war and starvation and slavery.

And ITS OVER!

I post all the time, and use key wording, so that THEY get informed and told. Because, you can't write into their offices and be heard.

They are corrupt mismanagers of this planet, and have caused WITH INTENT, all the big earthquakes and disasters and hold this planet and the so called "white hats", more like corrupted darkish grey, ransome with their Scalar Technology/Death Star.

The last big quake, those were 9/11 too. They never add up 11's or 22's, but all other numbers add just fine.

They are Luciferean/Satanic Slavers and run all the crimes on this planet.

But you never ever give into a BULLY, or they take it all. You stand your ground, and disclose everything to all the people and then get people to take them out Death Star and all!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

No, the human race is a sinking ship. The Earth will still be here after people

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

LOL... well I for one have no desire for a supernova... but I'm also not holding my breath for a time when people don't take advantage of each other... something like anarchy might decentralise that, but it certainly wouldn't stop it (and would IMO increase it dramatically).

There's no system that will adequately provide for/protect/enable/manage billions of people with different cultures, histories, strengths, weaknesses, intelligence, etc.,etc.

Inequality in built into our individuality; you can't have one without the other... sadly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join