It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick of idiots who worship science

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm really fed up with people who worship the scientific mainstream. I'm talking about the sorts of people who completely rely on institutionalised testing, in order to tell them what to think.

Allow me to give you morons a clue. I'm not going to name names, here, to a sufficient degree that it's likely to get me banned, but I'm also not going to be gentle with you, either. I am truly angry about this.

Go and read about what happened between Louis Pasteur and Antoine Bechamp. Try also reading about what the "establishment's" attitude was towards either Edison's initial display of electric lighting, or the Wright brothers initially trying to tell people about their discovery of flight. Said "establishment," did not want to hear about it, in either case.

Mainstream, institutional science is completely corrupt. How many of you idiots know, as one example, about how long the Journal of the American Medical Association allowed advertisements for cigarettes? You might remember that it was said that DDT was completely safe, as well; and even beneficial for people.

They care about two things, and two things only. The circle jerk that they have with their peers, and making their corporate handlers happy, so that they continue to get funding.

In broader terms, I am fed up with the entire attitude that I continue to run into online, from people who consider themselves logical, but who in reality do not have even a vague clue as to the meaning of the word. The single worst element of your thinking, is continual appeal to authority that I see, everywhere I look. The idea that apparently, only somebody else with entirely arbitrary credentials has the right to tell anyone else how to think.

If you want to have that attitude, you can keep it. Personally, I'm going to continue trying to use my own brain, and to hell with whether or not the self-appointed authorities approve of my opinion.

There have been times when I have honestly wished that Carl Sagan was still alive, so that I could physically vent my frustration towards him. I do not hate science itself, at all; quite the opposite. What I passionately hate is the attitude of many of those who consider themselves scientific; and as far as I am concerned, Sagan was their mascot.

This was the main thing that I had to get over before I could stop hating atheism, as well. I had to realise that just because a lot of atheists genuinely are the sort of smug, arrogant, brain dead morons that I'm referring to here, a lot of them also aren't.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm more tired of scientists worshiping Idiots,
Than Idiots worshiping Science,

But yeah haha, I see.

Logic is a path, and you can take it in many directions
Logic does not equal truth.

Something can be rational and not be true, same way as something can be logical and not be true.
Using logic and rationality makes everything relative to your mind, and this IS NOT scientific.

Science is beyond Reason.

And since almost no one will get this, I will not explain further...

edit on 4/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Am i missing something here? I thought that the way science works is that basically somebody proposes a hypothesis for whatever the subject is. That hypothesis is then tested and results taken before a conclusion is taken. That information is then presented and others then test to see if they agree of not. (I apologise for making this so simple sounding).

If that hypothesis then has enough backing for it (ie, enough people test and agree) then it becomes mainstream fact. This can change though and usually does at a later point in history when new hypothesis are formulated and tested which challenge the original hypothesis.

In other words, it is the way science has to work until our understanding of a said topic has expanded enough for that knowledge to be reformulated.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

And the point of the OP is that believing results and opinions by Scientists is NOT using Science...

Get it?

Same answer to the post below mine...
"I like science, because I am not scientific."
WOW, this is kinda the point... I like the honesty. Truly.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I like science, because I am not very scientific. It's nice to know someone else is out there, doing it for me.

However, at what cost?

This has been the bane of our civilization, if you ask me.

Down to the distribution of ENERGY and FOOD/RESOURCES.

People, when you go buy your iPhone, remember quantum computers was disclosed 30 years ago.

And I am down with atheists, as long as they acknowledge that their 'actions will always have reactions',

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

No, sorry! Long morning already here.........

So what you are saying the OP is saying (hope i got that right) is that unless we test science ourselves, their is no science?

I am rather confused by this, sorry.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I do not know anyone who worships science, scientists or the scientific establishment.
People believe in but not worship fact and evidential reality.
Nothing more and nothing less.
The people you speak of are probably skeptical of scientific groups such as biotech corporations and are smart enough to see corruption and lies when they are confronted with them.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

(you did get that right)
Science is testing a hypothesis.
If you believe some scientist, you are not using science because there is no test of your belief.
The OP (In My View) Is about actually testing stuff. Actually using SCIENCE.
Reading words someone wrote is NOT Science. Even if they used science to come up with their words.
Science can only be yours. You cannot transmit science, by it's definition.

Does that help?
If not I will Edit, and try again.

AND Absolutely YES, to your last sentence, the question you asked: "If we don't test science then there is no science?" or to that effect.

I however only can mean this for me. I may be betraying petrus4's meaning in this thread, but I do not know.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

BUt you can read peer reviews of scientists work to see for yourself the tested results of scientists

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes you can read opinions based on science.
These will be VERY good opinions.
They are not science though.
Science is only Testing Reality, Not reading Tests about reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Brilliant, thanks. While i kind of agree with that logic (to an extent) i am useless at science! So how would i go about, for example, testing theories about deep space? I can certainly see flaws in this thinking........

Thanks for explaining that, i am genuinely struggling today. The eyes are open but there is definitely no one home!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This thread is so unscientific.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The main reason we can be controlled is that we cannot know for sure.
Science can only be done by you.
I'm not saying I know anything about deep space.
I have to use conjecture and logic rather than science in figuring out the world beyond my senses ya know?
I have to trust these guys to some extent, or use some level of distrust to put my own spin on what THEY say.
I cannot KNOW, though, without using my own science.

I guess I am saying I cannot know, because I do not have the resources, and yet I will still use my discretion since they know I cannot know.
YES?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes you can read opinions based on science.
These will be VERY good opinions.
They are not science though.
Science is only Testing Reality, Not reading Tests about reality.

If 100 people test that fire is hot, and 100 people conclude that when put to the test, fire resulted in a heated hand when thrust into flame, then it is not the 2 or 3 people who scream that fire is impossible and that it's a sneaky magician behind the scenes trying to make a fool out of peons to his own end, that I will put faith in. Faith. I put faith in scientists over people who tell me stories about sky beings and a dude that thinks the only way to show us he loves us, is to be murdered.

I wonder who the real fools are.

If I know that I can count, I can think beyond physical limitation. If I believe that I do not need to count... well, that is why they have congregations.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Could you imagine the outrage if this was called 'I am sick of idiots who worship a god'.

Cant help but notice people who 'worship' science when treated rudely are able to respond kindly and factually.

I cannot say the same for people who worship gods.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

what you say is true,

but you are not using science to come to these conclusions

You are using Logic...

Some day...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Your anger is the story of my life. Tesla was like Jesus... JP was like Satan and the rest of the world. At least we've got good examples to follow all the way to the cross. JP and his ilk ARE responsible. I hold them so.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thread has been endorsed by the Department of Bleedin' Obvious.
Nice usage of morons and idiots!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaddafi
Could you imagine the outrage if this was called 'I am sick of idiots who worship a god'.

Cant help but notice people who 'worship' science when treated rudely are able to respond kindly and factually.

I cannot say the same for people who worship gods.

thats because peoples love for science is no where near as strong as the love for God, when you insult science it doesn't really mean anything, people dont really care too much about it because science is not something you can strongly love on an emotional level it is something that you have brought up to believe in and something that will lead to endless sleep.

God brings people hope, encouragement, courage, strength, purity and many other positive things to the individual believing.

those who disagree or believe otherwise are simply jealous of what these happy people have.

I have studied science intensely, i have studied religion intensely, all religions may i say.

I chose to believe in God due to certain facts about the human anatomy and that this earth was not created by chance.

It seems us humans take pleasure in understanding that through science everything is there for a reason. The plants so that we may breathe, water so that we may drink, the earths soil drinks to you know, it feeds the roots of those plants, the sun gives light to the plants so that photosynthesis may occur relating back to why we and all other animals can breathe.

did you know that a reason as to why the dinosaurs where so large in size was due to the high oxygen levels?

So it seems everything has a purpose a reason of being, yet we find ways to dismiss our purpose and being as a coincidence .

Isn't it funny how the bronchioles and the bronchi of a human lung resemble that of a tree and funny enough both are needed for oxygen to be transported through our bodies?

coincidence or epic design?

everything is here for a reason, if you look deep enough you will find reason in everything. Science took reason away from us and gave us chance and variables and coincidence.

Do you think me making this post is coincidence?

The awakening is upon us, its your choice now, asleep or awake.

God bless.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Thread has been endorsed by the Department of Bleedin' Obvious.
Nice usage of morons and idiots!

Cool response that was not obvious at all...
I'm jealous.
Wait... What did you add to the topic?

...Same thing I did with this post... Nothing...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join