It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK television today (Tuesday 17 April 2012): Rendlesham debate on ITV's "This Morning"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hamoomoo
There is now a video of the interview up on This Morning's website. Apologies, haven't worked out how to embed.

www.itv.com...

Available to UK viewers only via itv.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks OP for the heads up. Il catch it on itvplayer later. I think this sort of thing is a no win situation for us. There will be people who say "what a crap show" and "it wont be treated seriously", but at least its out there, i suppose. If its plants one seed .....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Personally, I see it as a win/win!

Whatever people say or think about it, at least they will be talking, or thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
On a previous show Chris French and Gary Heseltine had verbally wrestled with each other. Heseltine claimed to have evidence of alien visitation and agreed to bring it on another show.

This is the show in which Heseltine presents the evidence.

Before you get too excited it is merely a photocopy of the Halt Memorandum regarding the Rendelsham Forest incident which certainly isn't evidence of alien visitation.

Below is the original show in which Heseltine threw down the gauntlet

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Someone has posted a link on their FB page to this thread!!

There are a lot of comments on there too that seem quite intelligent. The usual closed minded individuals are also present. I honestly lose patience with people who can not even admit that life could exist elsewhere, not just on this planet. It's like someone standing on the beach looking at the sea and saying "oh no, nothing could possibly be living in that!"

Personally i am positive there is....but i am not so sure if it has / will visit us here (all the same constraints we have).

And lets face it, if some creatures have actually managed to overcome these immense constraints then perhaps it would be better for us if they never made it here!

At work so couldn't watch this. Was it any good? Reading through this thread but only about half way so far....
edit on 17-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hamoomoo

Thanks for the link.

The sceptic was annoying, I understand there can be differences of opinion but he made scepticism looks foolish in this case. I am sure there are far more likely sceptical points but he did not present any credible ones.

This is a very unique case, one reported by many credible witnesses and supported by a commanding officer of the base. I would presume as well that this particular commanding officer had a very high psych evaluation also considering is was commanding a nuclear site. It is also unique because it is a sequence of events taking place over a period of 3 days (well nights) and so much more to it, which has been done to death here on ATS so I wont go on about it. At least the presenters realised the sceptic was talking rubbish and cut him own a few times

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And here is a Youtube copy (which, unlike the earlier ITV link, should now work for those outside the UK) of today's brief debate regarding Rendlesham between Gary Heseltine of PRUFOS and skeptic Chris French on the UK's ITV television show "This Morning" (17 April 2012):

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Cheers Isaac.

What a frustrating little piece.

I wish they would have slowed down a little bit. The be-speckled fella was obviously talking nonsense. You could not mistake that lighthouse for what was described by the witnesses.

The ex cop just sat and ground his teeth, making faces like he wanted to thump the Goldsmith geek. I don't really blame him, but he would have come across far better if he'd have stayed calm.

I go with Lord Hill-Norton on this case. We don't know what was witnessed but even if it was something mundane, surely having a deputy commander of a nuclear base thinking that he's seen what he claims to have seen is very significant with regards to the defense/safety of our isles. Either he saw what he says he saw, he's a total nut job, an idiot, or someone slipped him a Mickey Finn at the xmas party!

Interested to know your thoughts on the case, and the 'debate', Mr Koi....

Glad to see our day time TV has improved in my absence

Looking forward to the fillum he mentions at the end!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
And here is a Youtube copy (which, unlike the earlier ITV link, should now work for those outside the UK) of today's brief debate regarding Rendlesham between Gary Heseltine of PRUFOS and skeptic Chris French on the UK's ITV television show "This Morning" (17 April 2012):

Man, how can that skeptic guy keep a straight face

They never even mentioned Larry Warrens account.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: Larry Warren

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This was a hugely embarrasing spectacle for British Ufology,

An odious and one dimensional skeptic v a limited one dimensional alleged ufo researcher.

This was a vastly ugly spectacle that takes UFO research back to pre Roswell times.

What happened to geniune UFO Research?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
This was a hugely embarrasing spectacle for British Ufology,

I don't think we can expect to see detailed UFO research conducted on national morning television.

"This Morning" is a piece of entertainment, not really intended for scientific examination of complex issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I totally agree!

It wasn't good. I just like anything that will get people thinking out of the box.

I wouldn't really recommend it for ATSers, Nothing we haven't seen before.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
reply to post by Flavian

I totally agree!

It wasn't good. I just like anything that will get people thinking out of the box. quote:

The original post was well meant for ufolological awareness. However, not all UFO publicity

is positive progress. Effectively, it is a submissive protocol to the media and its reaction.

Sadly. we see two characters that are in puppet mode to sell themselves as entertainment on TV.

I don`t think anyone in ufology regards Gary Heseltine as a ufologist

equally ... Chris French is just a convenient and tedious tool for balance. Be entertained by banality.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation
Interested to know your thoughts on the case, and the 'debate', Mr Koi....

Well, I thought the "debate" was probably entertaining - if somewhat confusing - television for those not familiar with the Rendlesham Forest Incident(s) (with two rather, um, passionate proponents of their respective positions) but I think it highlights the difficulty of dealing with a case that involves lots of different issues and witnesses.

I wouldn't have liked to have to summarise either position in just a few minutes.

As for my thoughts on the case, there are many pieces of information that I don't have (nor, so far as I can tell, do most other people) - so my main thought is that it would be desirable to obtain those pieces of information before forming any firm conclusions...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join