It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK television today (Tuesday 17 April 2012): Rendlesham debate on ITV's "This Morning"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ufologist Gary Heseltine of PRUFOS (the "Police Report UFO Sightings Organisation", discussed in Karl12's thread here on ATS) is due to have a fairly brief debate today of the 1980 Rendlesham Forest Incident(s) with skeptic Chris French (professor of psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London) on ITV's popular UK television show "This Morning" in the UK.

The debate is presumably the 11:30am "Do aliens exist?" segment very briefly mentioned in a list of items on todays "This Morning" at:
www.itv.com...

The show should be on the Internet later today on ITV Player, at least for people in the UK. If so, I'll post a link later.
edit on 17-4-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

about the only time i ever wanted to watch anything on that lame show,bet they take it as joke

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I told my sighting story on their website!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for the heads up about this Isaac. I would've completely missed it otherwise so this thread here is certainly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The word 'debate' and the This Morning program do not fit together. It's lite' television for masses. They will talk about the Rendalsham incident jokingly not giving the subject the respect it deserves IMO. Still if I can find it online after I finish work I'll have a look.
edit on 17/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: Didn't mean to cause offence.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Booked it up to record. Lets hope its a sensible and balanced discussion, although my bets are that it wont be and will lack substance. Will check back later to discuss.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Thanks for lumping me in there! Just so you know I have one day off a week and dont usually have the TV on during the day - I tend to watch stuff I have recorded. At least that way I miss the mind numbing drivel and can fast forward the adverts which are just as bad. Daytime tv is a bad, bad drug to get hooked on. After my first child I would have the tv on all day (its the company/background noise thing especially when youve been at work full time before) and it really does your head in. Felt much better once I found the off button

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey

Thanks for lumping me in there! Just so you know I have one day off a week and dont usually have the TV on during the day - I tend to watch stuff I have recorded. At least that way I miss the mind numbing drivel and can fast forward the adverts which are just as bad. Daytime tv is a bad, bad drug to get hooked on. After my first child I would have the tv on all day (its the company/background noise thing especially when youve been at work full time before) and it really does your head in. Felt much better once I found the off button

I think my comment above came across a little wrong. I was meaning to emphasise what rubbish daytime TV is. I don't mean to insinuate anything so I think I'll go back and reword it

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

No need to - as there was no offence taken.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Thats good you didn't take offence but I was generalising and tarring many people with the same brush. I'm not into that. I have nothing against anyone who wants to watch This Morning.

Hopefully they will treat the subject with some respect. I don't think it will be too in depth though

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Last time I saw one a few months back the PRUFOS guy looked like he was ready to punch someone.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I avoid day time Tv too, but remeber seeing a great piece on UFO's on The Richard and Judy show a few years back.

They treated the subject with respect here I thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just starting now!

Second

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Interesting debate so far.. I'm thinking the pro side maybe needs a stronger person to argue It's case though.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thanks for alerting me to this. Im glad I watched it. Still not made my mind up as of yet. I dont think it was the light house
Some thing did happen or appear there. Wish I`d been on the spot as that is the only way for sure I`d know.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Someone has posted a link on their FB page to this thread!!

There are a lot of comments on there too that seem quite intelligent. The usual closed minded individuals are also present. I honestly lose patience with people who can not even admit that life could exist elsewhere, not just on this planet. It's like someone standing on the beach looking at the sea and saying "oh no, nothing could possibly be living in that!"

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Saw this thread to late, if someone has a link to it (if it has been posted on the internet that is) I would be grateful Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just watched this on tv. Although personally in general I am still not 100% either way about life on other planets etc., I certainly do not think this was all just a confusion with a lighthouse in the distance. I mean, really? FLYING lighthouse at that

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There is now a video of the interview up on This Morning's website. Apologies, haven't worked out how to embed.

www.itv.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hamoomoo
There is now a video of the interview up on This Morning's website. Apologies, haven't worked out how to embed.

www.itv.com...

Thanks for post that link hamoomoo. I don't think it is possible to embed the video on the ITV website (although someone will probably upload it to Youtube shortly, after which the Youtube copy can then be embedded).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join