It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new trend that is highly disconcerting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

No NOOOOOOO! Kentucky!? I hope my beach house is OK. I know my Thoroughbreds can outrun the waves, but not my beach house!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

WHAT MIGHT BE AN EVEN MORE DISCONCERTING TREND ON ATS IS PEOPLE MAKING THREADS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE MAKING THREADS! THREADS POP UP, AND IF THERE IS NOTHING TO THEM, THEY DIE A QUICK DEATH....AS IT SHOULD BE....THIS THREAD AND THE OTHERS THAT ARE NOTHING MORE THAN JUST VENTING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS NO BIG DEAL ARE THE STUPID POINTLESS THREADS, NOT THE THREADS ABOUT EQ'S!

Even more disconcerting is the plethora of non-all-caps reply which reiterates that there is indeed a trend on ATS to report anything and everything as a holy smokes lookout scenario, but does so rather pointlessly as to have said it implies the problem in the first place. Then to continue to stay on that logic, it indeed invalidates the OP by fulfilling the criteria of the OP but at the expense of the second OP. Who, we'll call OP2 for clarity.

OP2 forgets that OP was making a point, and making a point ON someone making a point, means the Fibonacci sequence just might fail as soon as someone logs off, therefore it's best to look at V3's post and say "Huh. Well I've heard that before..." and then move onto the next post/thread.

To do otherwise is a sure sign of utter madness. If you do the same thing over and over yet expect different results, and you're NOT playing bingo, then you're 100% mad. Insane. Off the wall. Jinkiesied.

And whats more, WHY?

WHY! OP2 WHY?

doesn't anyone think about the children anymore? Just say no. Yes We can. You can doooooooooweeet. I'll be back.

And any assorted clichéd things to add, knowing full well that I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can so I can.

edit on 17-4-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2012 by mainidh because: i think i made lots of thinkgs here, and none of them right.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

No NOOOOOOO! Kentucky!? I hope my beach house is OK. I know my Thoroughbreds can outrun the waves, but not my beach house!

You have to teach your beach houses to run faster!!
They'll catch those thoroughbreds soon enough!!

Oh wait -- Ahh ok whew, that makes sense now.. !! Horses!! Like buff, non midget llamas. Only, woolier. --

Horses are not wooly I will and they are, you're shearing the wrong animal, man!!!
edit on 17-4-2012 by mainidh because: it's all over, when the horse grows wool

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
I reiterate something Phage said a year or more ago.

There has been zero statistical increase in quantity or power of Earthquakes over the last several years. Look at the USGS graphs and see for yourself.

And my own personal spin - The only reason it seems like there are more Earthquakes happening is simply because there is a higher level of media coverage via Social Networks and the Internet being the most widespread.

More Media Coverage does not mean it happens More

Oh noes, you mentioned the PH word.

That's like using a calculator in study. Sure, it provides you the correct answer, but damned if you're going to just take it, you want to learn why the wind is not alive, for yourself!

*throws ipad at the wall* Damn you shill contraption, it has to be midgets with magnets waving like maniacs. Madness utter mainidh.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Screw the beach house save your moonshine stills

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

OK deal. I'm hitchin' up the ponies to the 'shine makers. They're fast though. Domo Is Drunk seems to be in the lead. Followed by Vicious Hangover. Followed by What Is that Spot On The Carpet.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

hahahahahahahahahaha...........

2nd........

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Makes me want to start a bunch of tornado threads... "F1 twister breezes by midwest town...."

We got an F0 dust devil here!! A DUST DEVIL!!!"!11

CAN THEY BE LINKED TO LUCIFERIAN PRACTICES?? PROBABLY
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Dust devils are precursors.

k?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oh no! Was just taking a pee and was unbalanced by a 3.2 mag about 20 minutes ago!

Geez I hate it when that happens

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There have been 11, 6.0+ mag earthquakes in the past 7 days....

There is an average of 150, 6.0+ mag earthquakes in a year....

If this is to be a trend... that puts an average of close to 540 6.0+ in a year....

do the math, and figure out why people are interested.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

And the average will most likely still be around 150 earthquakes of 6+ mag this year.

You can't take a 7 day trend and use that to estimate a yearly number.

We could take the previous 7 days where we all commenting on the Quake Watch thread, about how unusually quiet it was. Using that 7 day period would give us less than 100 quakes for the year, way below the average.

Actual figures for the last 10 years show a trending upwards, but that's not unusual and earthquakes tend to be cyclic (highs and lows periods).
edit on 17-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: added

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

ppl are at an all time high in fear, about this 2012 dooms day event...really i cant be all in like they are, i have read, seen vids on many versions of how it may turn out and i am sold on none, i believe if we believe them it will come to pass, the fact of the matter is, we must stop believing what we are allowed to know.....we must focus on how we can change things for the better on this planet. how we can all come together in unity to take control out of the hands of the ones who are in control now, we need to take back our freedoms and our world for it belongs to us all free of charge....we should not have to work as slaves to help them get richer as we get poorer. while we fight about how many threads about one subject there is , they are getting away with murder,choas...taking our freedoms away, poisoning our food and water, may i go on??? i can if need be, but really u should all know the rest....what do u think they fear the most? the unity of the ppl on a mass level, that is when we are most powerful against them....all this therorizing, is a distraction to keep are attentions from the bigger picture, them.....think think before its against the law to think....miracles of greatness will happen in these times, believe that but we are the ones who will bring these miracles, so we must get to work on that....unit not just by the physical sence but by the spritual sence. we r all connected with everything, plants, animals, universe etc...most of all each other.....let the awakening speed up.....want that, focus on that....faith and love for all.....this is are true purpose here, it is probally why we choose to be back here at this time....think....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitty46
reply to post by nitro67

People are at an all-time high in fear, about this 2012 dooms day event...really I can’t be all in like they are.
I have read, seen vids on many versions of how it may turn out and I am sold on none, I believe if we believe them it will come to pass, the fact of the matter is - we must stop believing what we are allowed to know.....we must focus on how we can change things for the better on this planet.
How we can all come together in unity to take control out of the hands of the ones who are in control now, we need to take back our freedoms and our world for it belongs to us all free of charge.
We should not have to work as slaves to help them get richer as we get poorer. While we fight about how many threads about one subject there is, they are getting away with murder, chaos...taking our freedoms away, poisoning our food and water, may I go on???
I can if need be, but really u should all know the rest....what do u think they fear the most? the unity of the people on a mass level, that is when we are most powerful against them. All this theorizing, a distraction to keep our attentions from the bigger picture, them.....think before it’s against the law to think....miracles of greatness will happen in these times, believe that but we are the ones who will bring these miracles, so we must get to work on that unit not just by the physical sense but by the spiritual sense.
We are all connected with everything, plants, animals, universe etc. Most of all each other.....let the awakening speed up, want that, focus on that, faith and love for all.
This is true purpose here; it is probably why we choose to be back here at this time....think.

Wall of text you have there fella, even broken down into a lesser wall I am still not getting what you're saying or even understanding the relevance

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Just wanted to let you guys know, there was a 1.0 in California just 7 minutes ago.

2.2km depth too...

this is getting real.

Stop changing the subject. Make your own thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

And the average will most likely still be around 150 earthquakes of 6+ mag this year.

You can't take a 7 day trend and use that to estimate a yearly number.

We could take the previous 7 days where we all commenting on the Quake Watch thread, about how unusually quiet it was. Using that 7 day period would give us less than 100 quakes for the year, way below the average.

Actual figures for the last 10 years show a trending upwards, but that's not unusual and earthquakes tend to be cyclic (highs and lows periods).
edit on 17-4-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: added

agreed, I thought a little devils advocate was appropriate to bring clarity to the conversation... I'm glad someone was a voice of reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

go to the section that says RECENT POSTS and click on the posts that interest you and ignore the rest .
not everyone is interested in the same topics , if you don't like a topic , don't read or participate .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Posted here a bit earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join