It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new trend that is highly disconcerting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Is this going to be the future now?

Is every single earthquake that happens henceforth going to be made into a thread on ATS?

Is there not a single earthquake thread, where all smaller quakes, under 8.0 for example can be reported in, if someone wish to do so?

Because looking at the main page, the recent topics page, there is 5 earthquake threads of seperate quakes, I mean even a 4.6 is made into a thread. I think it is getting out of hand.

ETA: Actually there is a thread, called Quake Watch, where everything can be reported, thus, these other threads are not needed.

vvv
edit on 17-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I have to agree all the earthquakes are disconcerting

Would you like to limit threads on tornadoes to only F3 and above? Threads will live and die on there own merit, nature will run its course whether you want her too or not...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

WHAT MIGHT BE AN EVEN MORE DISCONCERTING TREND ON ATS IS PEOPLE MAKING THREADS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE MAKING THREADS! THREADS POP UP, AND IF THERE IS NOTHING TO THEM, THEY DIE A QUICK DEATH....AS IT SHOULD BE....THIS THREAD AND THE OTHERS THAT ARE NOTHING MORE THAN JUST VENTING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS NO BIG DEAL ARE THE STUPID POINTLESS THREADS, NOT THE THREADS ABOUT EQ'S!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I find it rather amusing that you and I just created the same thread. Ugh. Are we as bad as them? I didn't start my thread for stars or flags, doubt you did either. We are better.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I reiterate something Phage said a year or more ago.

There has been zero statistical increase in quantity or power of Earthquakes over the last several years. Look at the USGS graphs and see for yourself.

And my own personal spin - The only reason it seems like there are more Earthquakes happening is simply because there is a higher level of media coverage via Social Networks and the Internet being the most widespread.

More Media Coverage does not mean it happens More

link   
"When HAARP stops creating Earthquakes, ATS will stop reporting them!"

= mentality?

I don't know much about earthquake science, but I do know that people certainly are hard-wired to think think the end of the world is going to happen at the end of this year.

Just charlatry of a new breed. If it's not about some comet, or some disease, or some terrorist/president, it's gotta be earthquakes.

I think of ATS's main page as like a group's projection of a list of worries. Somewhere tucked between that, is an interesting thread with original thought.

I am hoping that instead of becoming jaded to ATS, people will begin to use forums again, and not rely on the front page to please their needs.

link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

That I do not disagree with mate.

But the sheer number of threads regarding earthquakes is getting a bit silly.

Its like people see a quake, and reports it on here, for instant stars and flags.

And to be honest, what is there to discuss when a small quake happens? Maybe how someone's favourite coffee cup falls from his table and breaks?
I can understand if its a huge quake, but come on, this is getting absurd.

vvv

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You guys mention stars and flags as a motive for making these threads about eq's, but what do you get if you get a lot of stars and flags? Did I miss something about this site? Do you get a prize? Big golden crown? People are just posting because it interests them, so what, shut up.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

I have to agree all the earthquakes are disconcerting

Would you like to limit threads on tornadoes to only F3 and above? Threads will live and die on there own merit, nature will run its course whether you want her too or not...

Social forum Darwinism

Makes sense to me

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
S&F mate

I agree, seems people are just waiting for disaster to strike. Some people get off on that and it's sick and twisted.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

E-peen inflation. Some people are more concerned about accumulating points than contributing. A LOT of ATS users seem to be this way. It's like a video game. They think stars will get them to the next level. It's gross.

link   

Originally posted by nitro67

You guys mention stars and flags as a motive for making these threads about eq's, but what do you get if you get a lot of stars and flags? Did I miss something about this site? Do you get a prize? Big golden crown? People are just posting because it interests them, so what, shut up.

I raised my opinion, because i feel it is clogging the boards with unnecessary news, for example a 4.6 in Kenya.
Your sarcasm is a bit obtuse to be honest.

However, carry on. I shall just try and ignore every second thread on here then.

vvv

link   
OMG another thread about people making too many threads.....
Actually I got nothing....Im just being sarcastic...

While I feel your pain, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.....Im not sure this is something we have the right to complain about. people have the right to make threads useless or not. Its up to the mods to decide if they are worth a poo.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong......or a regular sized man plus a midget.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
OMG 1.0 EARTHQUAKE JUST IN GUYS!~@~!~!~HAARP12`BLUEBEAM1`!~@~!COMET ELENIENIN1`2`!~!~ PLANET ALIGNMENTS`

THE EARTH IS FALLING APART I SWAR

FLAME me but I totally predicted it guys
edit on 17-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1.0?! What depth? WHAT DEPTH!?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It came in a depth of 36 ft...turns out it was just my mother in law going to the fridge for a late night snack....false alarm guys.......I promise i'll chain the pantry so this does not happen again!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Makes me want to start a bunch of tornado threads... "F1 twister breezes by midwest town...."

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
My perspective is... if more than 5 people are injured, or at least 1 person dies, it might be worth posting. A 2.7 in Oklahoma now and then, not necessary.

Although, more than 5 people are injured daily just walking up or down the stairs in their homes, is that worth a dedicated thread? I'm in agreement with the poster who spoke of nature taking it's course, if a thread is worthy, it will attract the appropriate attention... unless it's chemtrails or UFO's that can't be debunked.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

2.3 meters, it was off the coast of KENTUCKY, there mite be a tsunami

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just wanted to let you guys know, there was a 1.0 in California just 7 minutes ago.

2.2km depth too...

this is getting real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join