It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG Earthquakes happen LIKE EVERY DAY! OMG!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Someone just posted a freaking 4,7 mag quake. I wouldn't even wake up. Why is ATS so hell bent on reporting every earthquake? I've been here a lot longer than my account will vouch for, but this has been going on for at least 5 years. Nothing ever comes of it. Someday it will. Then every ATS earthquake dork will scream they were right, though they have been wrong for years.

Here. Go here. Actually visit once a day. Then shutup. Here

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I am pretty sure people posting about quakes are not trying to be sensational, just informative.....OK some are trying to be sensational, but most of the ones that I have seen the last year or so are just giving the info about the earthquake in the op....so what?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
still waitin on this so called megaquake, but anything under 7 or 8 shouldnt even be mentioned.... anywhere except the local news

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
not that I don't agree, but if those people scream for years something devastating is going on/happen. And it does happen doesn't that mean they where right ? Its not easy to put a time stamp on such things.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

They are not trying to be sensational. They are the parasites of this site, wanting to lap up every ill begotten star and flag for a non event they can. There is an EQ thread. If a big one happens, in a place of consequence, by all means post it. These BS threads that clog up ATS are ridiculous and self serving.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think many are wanting to be the source of breaking information, or they are expecting some big ones any day now. When you KNOW you are being lied to and denied truth, one gets paranoid and suspicious of everything out of the ordinary. To many who just started paying attention, it seems like an unusual trend in quakes. To those at this for a while, it's business as usual.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't understand why it bothers you, and I can tell it does.

If some one posts a crappy thread it will fade soon enough, whats the big deal? Why get all uptight about people discussing this topic?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Alas, some seem to live for the stars and flags....and some don't....me? I Couldnt get a star or a flag if I had a $100 dollar bill hangin out of my zipper...still i digress.

People can post what they want...its up to us to decide if its worth a look, or if the thread dies out into oblivion and abscure emotional turmoil.

Some threads make it, and some grab a whole cake tray from the buffet line at the golden corral and stuff their face with chocolate while they sob loudly for all to hear....

It is what it is.......

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
ATS has gone downhill a lot.. such is anything that gets too mainstream...

4.7 though?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

It does bother me. It bothers me more than that thread about Insectoids and something else walking among us. It bugs me more than the ATS stroke fest that is the IQ thread. EQ threads are ridiculous. Earthquakes happen DAILY. Big ones, little ones and medium ones. Hey a big EQ in a populated place, I'll be interested. An ACTUAL EQ swarm, I'll be interested. Going on GSGS or reporting news items because you want to be the first member and get credit? Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

You don't need a 100$
i'l just give you one haha

but i agree with you tho , allot of star and flag fishing here

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Says the guy who's authored such momentous threads as:

Wikileaks rap featuring 'Hillary Clinton' & 'Alex Jones'
Should parents allow their kids to have sex at home? Your thoughts.
I want to share my flags!
Cone-ing Fad Is The New Planking
Crazy Kids Insane Train Stunts
Strong quake off Vancouver, no damage seen: witness
These Optical Illusions Scare Me
Make Sure You Web Cam Is Off - Amusing Video
Dragon Poop, UFOs, And Religion; One In The Same?
#OWS Flash Game
Jimmy Kimmel Talks to Kids - Politics - Video -
Magnitude 5.6 - OKLAHOMA
Amusing/Pitiful Robbery Attempt
An Awesome Obituary

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

In my defense magnitude 5.6 in OK was a parody. I thought that one was ban hammered. Also, my threads are amazing. Don't me mad Skittles.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Why does it matter so?
I mean, It's not like it will dramatically affect you.

Some one posted a quake report. OMG OMG OMG Some one punish Him!!

If any thing this was just as stupid as the quake post.
Geez, Get real. Please...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i agree with you man!! I am Scare to..i see news on my local tv, and see this news "SUNDA MEGATHRUST BERGERAK" "SUNDA MEGATHRUST MOVING"

Read This : nasional.vivanews.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I agree all these new earth quakes should be kept in one forum thats already going as the weather gets worse there all panicking and posting all over ATS..I think its mostly for stars and flags and yes i find it anoying..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

HA HA HA HA......touche! Balls in play at this point....LOL
2nd

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
In my opinion you should probably just ignore the threads if you hate them so much.

Yeah they shouldn't be posting a thread about a 4.6, that's pretty lame EQ-wise. But if those kinds of threads push your buttons so much then why bother clicking on them, typing out an angry/sarcastic reply, and then clicking submit?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lives

Wait, wait. Some of those threads are actually awesome. You hurt my feelings. Train dodging kids was crazy. Also, aren't all of those in the off topic section?

HOLY CRAP I THINK I FELT A VIBRATION!!! IMMA START A THREAD!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Yeah they shouldn't be posting a thread about a 4.6, that's pretty lame EQ-wise. But if those kinds of threads push your buttons so much then why bother clicking on them, typing out an angry/sarcastic reply, and then clicking submit?

I have nothing else to do right now damn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join