It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.0 Quake: PNG !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The good news is though it seems like there are lots of earthquakes, the actually energy released so far, is way lower than for the same time last year. Even those 2 x 8's don't light a match against the 9.1 Japan had.

Also the number of recorded 5 mag or larger quakes are on a 12 month average, going to be lower than last year's totals, and with less energy produced.

I certainly hope it stays that way, but for now there doesn't appear to be anything happening to get overly excited about.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What's with all these threads guys, has anyone checked out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
someone said today was going to be the longest day in human history...April 17th. I hope they are wrong for all sakes.

Yea for citizens of the United States who are late on paying their taxes.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Dear Earth, either shake and break pieces of land off into the ocean already, or don't. Make up your mind, thank you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
OMG
the thread "Earth Is cracking up" is Real!!!!!!
But why earthquake looklike always hit Indonesia?? thats my country

Take a look at this thread..

It does not look good IMHO

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Because earthquakes happens all the time, just the reporting of earthquakes have increased significantly.

And you're right there, but what would you have people do, not report them?
Especially a 7.0
This might be normal, but I'm interested in these types of news and it seems like many other peeps are also.
We report more now because of technology, I thought that would be obvious.
It's increased because we don't send smoke signals anymore.

But hey, carry on with your parade.

OP reports earthquake (7.0 mind you), people post one liners or crap.
I don't get the joke.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Please be Knocking on Wood for that comment - Being a SoCal resident, I'm not looking forward to that day.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
reply to post by proob4

^^WOW^^ The number of detected earthquakes is REALLY low this year. After a quart (three months++) 461 times four = 1844. Never knew there could be an earthquake season. Or downtime. That chart really needs a date on it.

Maybe the manmade earthquakes already released a lot of tension.Anyone?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OMG!!! Another Earthquake! I noticed another anomaly: the sun rose in the east this morning.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How many more major earthquakes do we have to witness before the people start admitting that something significant is happening?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

It is absolutely normal. For MILLIONS of years its how the world forms. Sometimes one after another and over and over and destruction and chaos and global warming and cooling.

MAN! Its how the darn thing WORKS. Just because there are more people here....doesnt change a single thing about it. Just because we live by the sea or near a super volcano or whatever....its doesnt matter.

The world doesnt change for US...we have to live with IT...and what it does naturally (for it).

Find another hobby...move to the mountains...get a bobag together...why not just post a thread called"OMG! The Earth is acting normal! Just like the LAST million years"!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Find another hobby...move to the mountains...get a bobag together...why not just post a thread called"OMG! The Earth is acting normal! Just like the LAST million years"!

I didn't post this thread. I just replied to it
Maybe you should get another "Hobby" instead of Trolling.
edit on 17-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The East African Rift is an active rift between the Nubian and Somali protoplates. This rift is caused by elevated heat flow from the mantle under Kenya and the Afar region. Trending NNE to SSW, the East African Rift is composed of a western and an eastern branch. The eastern branch (sometimes called the Gregory Rift) is characterized by high volcanic activity and the western branch (sometimes called the Albertine Rift) is characterized by deeper basins, which contain lakes and sediments. The extension rate for this rift starts at about 6 millimeters per year in the north, and declines to the south.

Source

I think one would expect earthquakes in the region extending through the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Ethiopia and Kenya: the Earth's crust is spreading and numerous volcanos exist.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
COME ON PEOPLE.

bio-luminescent pterodactyls in PNG:

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Wonder who the first FOOL will chime in and say this is normal?

Better question is who is foolish enough to say it's not normal? Who will express opinions based on no knowledge of the topic and expose their own illiteracy?

Seismicity Map

Seismic Hazard Map

Yep, looks pretty normal for this to happen where it did, don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Better question is who is foolish enough to say it's not normal? Who will express opinions based on no knowledge of the topic and expose their own illiteracy?

OMG! It's the Grammer Police!

Begone Troll!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I'm just waiting for the "8.5 California" thread. Lol. It's gonna happen... eventually.

I'm just waiting for the big one to hit along the San Andreas, then come to ATS and see the shills saying "Oh, that ain't nothing. It's normal..... see that bit of the coastline under water? Happens every day! Nothing to see here!"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
How many more major earthquakes do we have to witness before the people start admitting that something significant is happening?

Well, the one thing I will agree on is, this has happened before. BUT, it hasn't happened in a long time, and it's happening in OUR time. So, yeah, we are bound to get a little excited to see it happening in our lifetime.

The thing is, we have no idea exactly what will happen. We could wake up tomorrow and see part of the coastline gone.

My husband went through the Loma Prieta in 1989 and said it was pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Could it be that our method and technology for detecting earthquakes has gotten better, that coupled with the ease of communication and transfer of data all across the world makes it seem like there are more earthquakes?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There are quakes everyday people. Yes maybe a little more active now then normal but maybe there are volcanoes on the ocean floor or something or maybe it's just nothing. Who knows we can't control the world or know what will happen the next day. We can just smile and keep truckin'

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join