It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.0 Quake: PNG !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Depth 210+ km

doubt they even felt that tbh

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I predict madness, mayhem, tomfoolery, and all out mass hysteria.....but first a word from our sponsers..

The king of beers brings you the king of kings! Budweiser proudly presents....Jesus and his come back tour....

Yes earthquakes happen...a lot!
And yes....the net has brought information to our finger tips......
And sure social awareness has increased 10 fold at the turn of last year....

However, there is nothing normal about the magnitude and duration with the small time frame spacing we're experiencing. It in itself is not normal..and more people are becoming aware of this. its just like the tornados..even in the 1800's ole Cletus McGillicutty will tell you he aint seen nuthin like this for 10 score on the hogs head dag nub it.

Live action report! The world is in flames, and the earth swallows California...Tokyo flights experiences Godzilla related turbulance....film at 11 !

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not rattled at all, interested!
Interested enough to come to ATS every day and read and learn but if everyone just stopped reporting the events we would be back where we were 100 years ago and no-one would know that there had been a quake in Kenya for example!
I don't read the threads because I crave the fearmongering, I read them out of interest but find the brush off responses childish!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

COME ON! I want to be out of class as soon as possible. It's 3:53 am and I'm working on a 4page essay due in less than 11 hours and a 20 page essay due on Thursday. The last thing I need is "the longest day in human history".

Jokes aside, two things:

1) Are we noticing these Earthquakes because we have the technology and the free time to notice them? Do we have comparative data over a fifty year period that we can compare this year's "flare ups" to?

2) I got a "spiritual ping" today. I felt the need to so badly remind myself that death isn't the end, but more or less the beginning. Beyond that, I got the feeling to remind myself that this life is worth living no matter the condition I find myself in. We are the children of the Super Novas, we are the stuff of stars, we are Energy, and we are all connected...organic, inorganic, seen, and unseen.

Anyways, that's all...it's almost 4am and I'm probably rambling like hell. Everyone take it Easy and relax out there. Live or Die, it was going to end sometime right? Enjoy what you have now, and treat each other the best you can.

link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I do apologize. I mistook you for someone else.

link   
Aside from one or two responses in this thread.. this thread is completely useless..

I recommend staff closing this before it turns into another bitch fest with no credible info from either side..

link   
I second you wiser3 on that
but hey .. a little civility separates us from the other primates..
edit on 17/4/12 by kassych because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by kassych

COME ON! I want to be out of class as soon as possible. It's 3:53 am and I'm working on a 4page essay due in less than 11 hours and a 20 page essay due on Thursday. The last thing I need is "the longest day in human history".

All the best on your essay,

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

My whole thing is if this new theory that people are just noticing them more and they have better seismic equipment or whatever. WHY now? Why was this not noticed last year or the year before? I will tell you why. The simple fact people are noticing them more is because there is more and when there is more people notice.
edit on 17-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Here's the thing, I do remember last year when people were going wild on ATS about the high number of Earthquakes. However, after about fifty threads, I remember seeing a decade comparison. The truth of the matter revealed that not only was last year's quake set within the normal range, but it was slightly lower than a few prior years.

Now, I don't have the data on me and I'm not claiming that this isn't something to worry about, but I'm just saying: "Let's proceed with educated caution before taking the chicken little route"

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

So instead of having thread after thread pop up, post it in the damn EQ thread. Some ridiculous person just posted a 4.7. The magnitudes drop every 6 months because of EQ tards. Left unchecked the board will be inundated with 1.0 magnitude quakes in the middle of the freaking ocean.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

Haha, thanks. Alasdair MacIntyre's take on virtue...and Earthquakes

After Virtuearthquakes

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by wiser3

So instead of having thread after thread pop up, post it in the damn EQ thread. Some ridiculous person just posted a 4.7. The magnitudes drop every 6 months because of EQ tards. Left unchecked the board will be inundated with 1.0 magnitude quakes in the middle of the freaking ocean.

ok.. i own.. up.. am the ridiculous person...

reason: it would have been buried in the quake thread with all the heavyweights and its pretty an epic event for KENYA to have a quake.. its not like we get them often.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well let's just say around 18th to the 21st there will big earthquakes that will put this all to rest once and for all.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I hope you are wrong mate.

Lets wait and see, its only a couple of days.

I will be back to reply on here then.

vvv

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hey if I am right I am right, if I am wrong then I am wrong. I just have this hunch.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

OK now yours bothers me far less and lets just be honest here, Domo is a little drunk and wanted to rable rouse before bed. Rabble? OK it's spelled rabble. Said it a few times out loud and now the dog is looking at me with mild concern, and a touch of pity in his eyes. He gets a pepperoni after I hit send.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

And that is exactly the point! How often do eq's occur in Kenya? When was the last one? How big was it? I can't remember when last I heard of an earthquake in Kenya!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by wiser3

I agree wholeheartedly with what the cat said.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

In January there was a couple of 5.1 quakes in Kenya, so again, nothing strange.

Yet, no one made a thread about the 5.1 in Kenya then.

vvv

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join