It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man took photos of the UFO that abducted him - Looks impressive!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by quedup

This, to me, seems more like a post-dated collusion.
If this had been talked about in 1988 then it would have validity, but, only after the fact that NWO is part of the fringe canon is this talked about.

The whole thing stinks.
Further, where are all these other corroborating witnesses and how is it that NONE of them have come forward until now, some 20 years later?

No, this whole thing stinks of an after the fact, post dated collusion cooked up by the claimed witness and his partner in crime that's posing as the researcher.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that entire video has the 80's written all over it. So how could it possibly be after the fact?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dr0pthr3

That's ok. I'm done. If you can't see the bigger picture and the reasons, then, there's no point in me trying any longer.

This case is a hoax and has been shown to be a hoax.

You, however, are entirely free to embrace ignorance and reject the findings, assertions, evidence, and even testimony from this man's neighbors that this is a hoax.

reg

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by reg

They reply to the old threads and then said old threads then pop up on the current discussions page.
Other people then read over the old topic, and either add their own input, or, if the topic has already been done to death and is indeed dead, then, not.

It's an attitude of entitlement that your opinion, though the same as someone else that has already made a statement on the case in previous threads, is more important than the observation or opinion made by said previous posters.

or, do you just want attention, engagement, and validation for or against whatever opinion you might have?

Is social affirmation and confirmation of your precious opinion that important that it's necessary to start a new thread on something already discussed so the same things can be said just by different people?

Me thinks the bigger concern should be the effect of the mind control indoctrination and programming that's influencing people such to the point of laziness where this self entitled validation is more important than doing actual research, looking over all the points discussed previously on a topic and then, only then contributing to the conversation these 'new' ideas and opinions that are so utterly important.

... or, you can be a victim of the mind control campaign of convenience in effect that's programming people through social media to feel this need for validation, personal engagement, and entitlement such that they're too lazy and too spoiled to actually work for an answer to their questions, and such that they demand personal attention and gratification.

No offense mate but you sound like a right smarmy, stuck up b*$&!?d... stop talking down to everyone (does it make you feel superior??). If you don't like the thread then there's plenty more were you can go shove your arrogant face.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Whatever your actual opinions on the video a bit that struck me was the part mentioning that there was a one world government ruling from a floating island in the sea. Check this out.

abcnews.go.com...

"The future is limitless," said Peter Thiel , the PayPal co-founder, hedge fund manager and venture capitalist, who is harnessing that concept with his libertarian island nation for exactly 270 residents. In an interview with ABC News last May, the tech mogul described his ideas about finance, philanthropy and innovation, and in new photos released of his island venture, the world gets to see exactly what he's talking about.

Exactly 270 residents - That round about number familiar to anyone??

His ultimate goal for the autonomous colony, Thiel told Details magazine, "is to open a frontier for experimenting with new ideas for government," that include, "no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage and few restrictions on weapons.

I think this is one to keep a watch on.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some time back I watched this video and after 1 minute of watching him speak, I turned it off. His body language, speech and eye movement didn't quite match the incredulous nature of his story.

Now, this is not to say he is lying but for some reason I had serious doubts that his story was true as he claimed it to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The person in the video from Puerto Rico is lying through his teeth.

He's making up a story partly from things he remembers and mixes them with fantasy elements.

Look at where his eyes look in all four different corners while speaking.

He's obviously not telling the truth, trust me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by Romekje

Like mentioned earlier, The NWO wasn't opening discussed then - but I thought - if he just made the video recently then - yes he would know.

The "New World Order" goes back way further than that. Churchill used the phrase in regards to a new world society, but in this context it's likely H.G. Wells that made it well known in the 1940's.

I think most people are exposed to the term as children in History classes, but it did not stick. It is used far more often today, but in conspiracy context I've heard it my whole life and first remember it being used in the 1960's. Of course it was used prior to that time also.

As to this case, it became pretty much considered a hoax due to Rivera's behavior and no negatives. I would not point to this case as being one worth pursuing. As was mentioned this has been discussed often.

I do however agree it's OK to post these stories again when it's been a while since it was discussed, since new people enter the subject all the time.

What does bother me are those who get angry and nasty tempered when others with more experience simply point out facts and details that may not support a story they want to be true. The key phrase here is "want to be true".
edit on 4/17/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Page 4, going on 5.

Has any here missed the part about this being a hoax?

... or, is this another case and symptom of the social infection of self entitlement I've described above where all other previous conversation on the topic is ignored in favor of garnering and gratifying direct answers?

I'll answer your plea.

I know this case very close and the people who unmasked it. A little research will show that it is a complete fraud, wether you like it or not. There are many witnesses in his hometown of Cabo Rojo that can testity to his hoax. Photos of scale model planes and hubcaps are not that hard to make. The name of the beings he contacted? Amaurianos….from Amaury. But of course, it is a free world and if you want to believe in this case and in fairies, its your option.

A little research shown in your ext text show no research is shown. "Photos of scale model planes and hubcaps are not that hard to make" is only stating the general obvious. Show that scale models were actually used then there might be credence to the claim

This case is a fraud of the worst kind. The same investigators that supported him realized that and in 1997 they demonstrated it in front of an audience evidence of his fraud. Photos are real….of two hubcaps glued together and scale model jet plane hanging from tree branches. Professional photograpers are witness of this and he sold each photo for a thousand dollars. If this is the best case in Puerto Rico, in truth we have nothing.

Give us a link to the actual '97 demonstration and we'll take it from there. Hearsay is not allowed

Amaury Rivera is one of the most famous cases of fraud in the world. Rivera never wanted to deliver the negatives of the photos for analysis. Furthermore Rivera has sentence for drugs and was arrested in 1993. Rivera is not a good example of truth.

I love how drug use or an arrest is evidence of a hoax. Using the same logic, seeing you fibbed once as a child, I shouldn't bother reading anything you have to say now.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Want to know why this thread hasn't been closed?

It's because it is wholly unrealistic to expect the ATS audience to search for an existing thread or threads about the subject, when they have no previous notion that those threads exist in the first place.

It's laughable that posters like truman and druscilla are so obtuse and shortsighted as to have not realized this before they found it necessary to open their mouths, so to speak, and even misleading on their part.

The true irony in what posters like truman and druscilla do, when they derail threads like this, lies not in their false and unqualified claims that the subject has been previously discussed and "debunked", but in their redirection to whatever multiple threads that may exist.

As soon as you post in the older threads, have no doubt that those suspiciously misleading posters will pop up and accuse you of necro'ing or bumping a dead thread, and demand that the thread be deleted or buried at the bottom of the forum.

Back on topic, though, the case may be pretty old now, but much of the small details are very interesting. Things like the claims that the grays are biological automatons, and the mention of a holographic projection raise some alarms. The whole Tupac thing going n right now, with his scarily realistic performance at coachella, makes you wonder if the abductee in this case was not victim of project bluebeam.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Perhaps you need some help with your search string. http://(link tracking not allowed)/HQJBqI

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just off the cuff, not even listening to the interview, just watching this guy talk ==== HE IS LYING!

My initial reaction to the OP was, let's check this out! But, after watching and listening to his story, it seems like a story put together by a child.

No way this is true! That's my feeling.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

While I agree it's OK or should be to post these stories again now and then, it's not entirely wrong to think that people posting the threads should do their research before posting. The OP should include a list of pertinent links and both sides of the story. Not doing that is well, just lazy.

Seems to me that if a person is serious they would do a thorough job of finding all they can before posting. Simply using Rivera's name will net you plenty of information, which all should have been in the OP.

I don't think it's up to the OP to determine for sure the legitimacy of an event, but we should all take the time to make good posts that include all we can find on the topic. That and we should welcome any new information, even if it leads to exposing false stories. Common sense and critical thinking are very relevant to denying ignorance. Otherwise we may as well read the "Weekly World News" and be "Bat Boy" groupies.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fing3rm4n
Just off the cuff, not even listening to the interview, just watching this guy talk ==== HE IS LYING!

My initial reaction to the OP was, let's check this out! But, after watching and listening to his story, it seems like a story put together by a child.

No way this is true! That's my feeling.

On the contrary, only a child would present his "feeling" that "that man is a liar!" as evidence that a claim is false, and then leave the story as 'well, this has now been debunked'.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by Trueman

this is the thing that bugs me abouts ats the "it been discussed already "attitude,
well maybe just maybe i like real time discusion as aposed to just reading

Another forum I am on closes down threads after something like 400 posts and starts new ones on the same topic because it keeps the conversation fresh. People generally don't want to wade through a thread that is 100 pages long or even 20 pages long. I think it's a good policy and works well on that forum (westeros.org). Maybe 400 posts is too few for a forum this active, but the general policy I think is a good one.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm sure i saw this clip featured in a UFO documentary on discovery channel a few years ago. As i recall inestigators tested his photos for authenticity, I don't recall the results. The beings I think were added in by the producers for dramatic effects. I don't think he took these actual photos.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stuthealien

Very true this, i have been reading this forums for years but never was i tempted to sign up because of this very attitude, to many chiefs and not enough Indians .

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Many are talking about body language is telling that he is faking it. I think that you brought a predetermined notion into this and you are seeing what you expect to see.

If he were using that body language telling you the price of peaches...I imagine you would have no reason to doubt him..

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

So far what I've found is someone believing they've debunked two different pictures which prove that the movement of the UFO, it's shadows, and the speed of the F-14 are unrealistic. However they are the same picture. One is in full, the other is a zoomed, cropped version.
edit on 17/4/12 by Morg234 because: Can't spell

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

While I agree it's OK or should be to post these stories again now and then, it's not entirely wrong to think that people posting the threads should do their research before posting. The OP should include a list of pertinent links and both sides of the story. Not doing that is well, just lazy.

Seems to me that if a person is serious they would do a thorough job of finding all they can before posting. Simply using Rivera's name will net you plenty of information, which all should have been in the OP.

I don't think it's up to the OP to determine for sure the legitimacy of an event, but we should all take the time to make good posts that include all we can find on the topic. That and we should welcome any new information, even if it leads to exposing false stories. Common sense and critical thinking are very relevant to denying ignorance. Otherwise we may as well read the "Weekly World News" and be "Bat Boy" groupies.

You'll have to forgive me if I draw a parallel between you and ChadWickus (no, that's not a good thing), what with the presumptuous expectations of other posters and references of "critical thinking".

I do believe an early poster in the thread found no results when searching for further information, which should be some indication that the OP would likely have been similarly successful in the endeavor to provide further reading for us.

That said, it's extremely rude and irrelevant to make such claims as "I'm more experienced than you on this matter" and reeks of the same self entitlement that druscilla refers to often, especially considering yhe anonymous nature of the internet.

I daresay there is very little reward to be had from intense interest in these subjects, beyond the personal intellectual gain, than there is from hiding information, misinforming people, and ridiculing posters to the point of discouragement of discussion altogether.

Ask yourself for a moment,what personal gain do you obtain from persistantly suppressing interest?

Now I'll tell you how full of $#17 that sounds to anyone with half a brain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join