It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Has it Aright - It's all Inter-connected! The New Way.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You can also support your argument using a different method:

Ignore what the religions teach and look at their results. All religions produce similar results, therefore no particular religion is more true than any of the others. Maybe all religions are good. Maybe all religions are worthless. But all religions are about the same.
edit on 17-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Like they say "the devils in the details" because that's what keeps everyone bickering and fighting each other. I agree all religions are the same thing only different. We tend to get hung up on minor differences that keep us divided. I would think god/religion would be something that would bring people together despite their differences

This I find to be a huge turn off. I can't get behind something that breeds so much hatred and contempt or has caused so many wars. This, I am right and you are wrong attitude is insane.

I imagine if there is a god he would be too big to be owned exclusively by any one religion and to complex to be defined by any one religious text and more understanding of the many ways people choose to find him. I wish mankind could be bigger as well in the way we accept each other, hold our judgement of each other and how we treat each other. Sometimes I think if there is a god he would be so ashamed to see how the human race behaves.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great thread OP. Hopefully more people take their heads out of the sand and realize the connections.

A post I made in another thread some time ago also talked about some of the similarities but using the Gnostic tradition of Christianity and talking about Sophia, the feminine consort:

There's most likely an equivalent in Hinduism/Buddhism to Sophia. Sophia could be one of the Mahavidyas (Great Wisdoms), in which there are 10 aspects of feminine divinity. She may be just one of those 10, most likely Tara ("The Goddess as Guide and Protector, or Who Saves. Who offers the ultimate knowledge which gives salvation") or Sarasvati, goddess of knowledge, wife of Brahma (the creator, "the Father"?).

There are so many parallels between Christian Gnosticism and eastern traditions like Hinduism and Buddhism. Krishna came to restore dharma when it became unbalanced, kind of like Jesus' story of coming to bring the logos for salvation, and the bringing of the logos to mankind is like that of Buddha who is a teacher of dharma or the logos. The dharma is seen as certain laws, or a way of life, where one who follows that path can achieve nirvana by breaking free from the cycle of samsara/moksha, which is the cycle of rebirth ("death" mentioned throughout Gnostic text, like the first lines in the Gospel of Thomas, is how the Gnostics viewed life on this planet - even plenty of people today call Earth "hell"). Jesus also taught his followers on how to break free from the cycle in Gnosticism via the "logos" (Greek for "word") which brings "gnosis" (knowledge, or dharma, because they believed having gnosis was liberation from this world much like dharma is liberation of samsara/moksha). This is why the gnostic tradition and many of Jesus' sayings are so similar to eastern traditions, especially the more Tantric ones (which are more esoteric, like Gnosticism).

If you look at the Hindu trinity of Brahma (creator), Vishnu (preserver), and Shiva (transformer), you could say that Jesus' character and roll on Earth parallels Vishnu the most (Buddha too parallels this), and Krishna (mentioned above) is an avatar of Vishnu. All figures, or emanations, or aeons as they're called in the Gnostic text, that are mentioned throughout the world, almost always have a feminine aspect with them, aka shakti, or goddess, or divine mother. The Christ's was Sophia.

Because of how women were seen in those days (and still somewhat today), Sophia, Mary, and some of Jesus' female followers, were all pretty much suppressed.

Originally posted by Iason321
Krishna doesn't answer prayers nor does he have any powers, he is an inanimate idol

Only Jesus Christ can and will answer prayers.

That's funny. Why do Christians pray like Hindus and Buddhists then, with their hands together? Why not like the Jews or even Muslims? Why do you think most of Jesus' depictions have him performing mudras with his hands? (These are rhetorical questions - the connections are as obvious as the sky being blue.)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Artemis laughed
when I told her that
she had taught Chiron
the noble centaur
the fine art of archery.

"I teach him?"
with a snort,
"Where do you people
get such upside-down ideas?"

Stop thinking you have it all figured out for everyone else. You are wrong. Deluded. Sadistic really. Just stop and move from this point into a new realm of higher expectation and realization. EVOLVE!

I would propose that we question the myths. Who exactly wrote them? Why were they written as they were? Who is glorified, and who despised? Why?

I just watched the movie Wrath of the Titans yesterday. It perpetuates the myth(as told) that Zeus defeated Cronos and imprisoned Him in Tartarus. Yeah, right, as if a mere Olympian god could imprison Sky, conqueror of Ouranos, in the depths of the pit!

For some politically motivated reason the story of Cronos got re-written and morphed into Zeus defeating Cronos to become the All Father. And from that initial re-write comes all manner of error. Zeus the father of Chiron? Not at all! That's fiction. Chiron actually preceded Zeus. And here's the kicker. I have no documentary proof!

edit on 17-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have often wondered about the similarities in religions around the world I wonder if it borrowing and editing it to suit your tastes or culture. I also wonder if it is inherent knowledge encoded in our DNA about who we are and where we came from. Just misunderstood because we lacked the knowledge to understand what it is we know. kind of like the story of the blind men describing the elephant. We describe what it is with the senses and vocabulary we know.at the moment in our development so our understanding is skewed. For instance.

The flood = some disaster where ever our DNA originated. The DNA is sent out to populate new lands. There are two of each animal = double helix. Not saying that is what it is or anyone else's beliefs are wrong. Just saying maybe we are looking at things like blind men trying to describe an elephant,

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These inter-connected ideologies that run parallel to all our religions - is rather key regarding the direction of the thread that I was intending. This is also recognized as Truth that I apply to my belief system and teach my children. We are all connected to one another. It doesn't matter which path you choose. The rules are the same and they are known universally. You don't harm other people.

Please don't misconstrue and falsely assume that this is an attack. Jesus of Nazareth did exist. Period. He also has all of the ancient symbolism and signs that showed he was speaking the TRUTH as a Messiah. God was speaking through him. Yet so was the same for Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, and others! God speaks for all of the World. Our Mother Earth. The symbolism is what is important and even if tomorrow we are thrown back into the dark ages, the messiah always returns in a way that is recognizable. The symbolism is the same! Everywhere. If this is actually occurring - then we have proof that God is real. The observation of a reoccurring patternshows that the phenomenon is real and there is more to reality than our perceived world around us!

I am not an expert on Hinduism. When I create a thread, my motivation is for intelligent feedback. This can lead me to new perspectives and ideas. In short - I like to learn. I want to learn it ALL.

There are many texts in Hinduism.Check it out!

Hindu Religious Texts

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I agree. It doesn't really matter what text I am reading. I always keep in mind, that everything is subjective. Those ideas and stories originated first with thought, then by word of mouth, then to stone, paper, internet. That's a lot of mileage to transverse but I enjoy the trip. My favorite area of mythology is Celtic.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I agree. It doesn't really matter what text I am reading. I always keep in mind, that everything is subjective. Those ideas and stories originated first with thought, then by word of mouth, then to stone, paper, internet. That's a lot of mileage to transverse but I enjoy the trip. My favorite area of mythology is Celtic.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Dear MESSAGFROMTHESTARS,

LOL. I cannot respect someone who takes potshots at others and then says; "Now, lets move on". It is so insincere.

To say... 'I thought we were friends and had no disagreement' 1. Implies an abrasive sentiment, as to the notion that you two are no longer friends. Is it is harsh and a rather rash(Characterized by or resulting from ill-considered haste or boldness) statement. 2. Implies that if there was a disagreement, that you two are no longer friends. Think long and hard as to why this is a faulty reasoning. a. In addressing the very notion of that in which you imply, the approach was passive-aggressive

As for what I wrote to Akragon, we were both just teasing each other. We have no issues as he said. I happen to respect his intelligence and we have had many discussions. You again have made wrong assumptions about where I am coming from and then made so many wrong conclusions as to prove your inability to be impartial or fair.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Dear MESSAGFROMTHESTARS,

LOL. I cannot respect someone who takes potshots at others and then says; "Now, lets move on". It is so insincere.

To say... 'I thought we were friends and had no disagreement' 1. Implies an abrasive sentiment, as to the notion that you two are no longer friends. Is it is harsh and a rather rash(Characterized by or resulting from ill-considered haste or boldness) statement. 2. Implies that if there was a disagreement, that you two are no longer friends. Think long and hard as to why this is a faulty reasoning. a. In addressing the very notion of that in which you imply, the approach was passive-aggressive

As for what I wrote to Akragon, we were both just teasing each other. We have no issues as he said. I happen to respect his intelligence and we have had many discussions. You again have made wrong assumptions about where I am coming from and then made so many wrong conclusions as to prove your inability to be impartial or fair.

just teasing... right. People say things that they truly mean in a joking fashion, as to escape bondage to such sentiment. AGAIN, BEING PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE lol! Wow, it truly does not take a genius to figure this out.

You respect his intelligence? Well good, as you should... you should even respect his ignorance as well. That point is mute.

I have many questions as to why you are who you are, and the strength of denial in which you blow off as others being wrong in their assumptions. Take a class or two on psychology, research inductive and deductive reasoning, maybe some MAT prep course... which will both help you with understanding the bible, and yourself.

Whatever though, don't take anything I have to say seriously. Meritocracy rules the game, and I am not God nor Jesus, nor your creator.... you are.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We are ALL invited.
Bring whatever and whomever you want.
Ready?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

False Messiahs and not a one of them ever really existed, but Yeshua did. Not a one of those was ever the King of Israel.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Hi Adam

I missed your post yesterday! That was a fantastic post. Sophia, as I understand it from the Christian Gnosticism, is considered to be the feminine aspect of Yahweh correct?

From the text, as I have come to understand it - women were gifted by Christ with their own feminine spiritual mystic traditions. Through Mary Magadalene and some of his other women followers, he imparted to them spiritual knowledge of the woman/feminine energy aspects as divine also. Not just his male counterparts.

As to scripture it seems they are confused about women rights. There is much inferiority associated with women. To confuse matters further, some scripture seems to promote equality. 1 Timothy passages often make me cringe. I should not like silence in my life or meek submission. I identify with the Warrior Goddess Archetypes much more readily than the Mother Goddess Archetype in spiritual essence. I am of course a mother, and I love to cuddle with the ones who still let me. LOL. But in integrity and honor, I teach them many warrior archetype aspects. Our world, society right now - it's a harsh, dangerous place. They should be prepared to defend themselves and others against ignorance, hatred or violence.

Hinduism also shows in their holy texts differing views between the position of women in Hindu society. It would seem that in the earlier history and beginnings - women were respected and held a wide range of positions including priest, mathematicians, magicians, and courtesans.

However, as time marched on the views of a woman's role became more restrictive, purist ideals began to dominate the position of women.

I wonder if the incongruities within the schools of thought are often influenced by the prophet penning his thoughts down for others to read. Does the individual Apostle's personal ideals on women's roles in society influence the way he interprets how he will present the message as the inspired word of God? In Hinduism, we see in it's beginnings a more equelitarian society, and then gradually moves towards a patriarchal society. Is this because of trade and discussion and a gradual shift of priorities absorbed by countries they are in some sort of association with?

Just random, rambling thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

But I am not ONLY talking about Israel and it's surrounding areas. I'm looking at two different cultures, two different messiahs, born of two different times, centuries apart - and comparing them. I'm really big on comparative religion. Just part of the idiosyncrasies of me.

What I am trying to reflect and focus on is what is positive and similar in message from both - in an attempt to show the validity of the concept that a messiah always appears with universal symbolism. The phenomenon appears repeatedly in all societies - over and over again. It would appear - that the similarities are markedly similar. It shows that religions at it's essence, it's Divine aspects, are all inter-connected. They are all "God-breathed". So what is it to say that perhaps all religions are inspired by God? Is it safe to assume that since all thought, matter, and universe is enfold and within the scope of what God is - that he would attend to all of his creation? Not just Israel and it's surrounding areas - but also attend to and show other lands far from Israel, have their own "Holy Lands"?

You know, I believe in microcosm, macrocosm. What makes anyone think, that when we start exploring the heavens, that the reality of what is on Earth will not exist out there also? It's a dangerous world we live in. I suspect the Universe is very much the same, though-out all states of existence. And likely through-out all aspects of reality - within the human experience and outside of it. Even the Gods speak of the wars in heaven.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I suspect not. No I'm not ready. However, I have little ones, so I'm very grounded right now in my spirituality. As I have very little ones to attend to - and that is one of the miracles of joy on Earth. So I am very content in my human experience right now. I'm enjoying the ride, the journey, the wave. I'm not ready to go anywhere or adjust my awareness frequencies just yet! LOL.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i gave up on religion a long time ago, listen to the universe its amazing

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfboss1
i gave up on religion a long time ago, listen to the universe its amazing

I am Universal at the heart of my spiritual beliefs. I just enjoy the study of different culture. It's my thing.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by NorEaster

Crappy link, full of garbage and disinfo.

The similarities are non existent. Man made fabrications. Lies.
Nothing more.

Actually, the page lists a great many truths about how the Christians made up their religion by taking things, events, deities, names, places, and rituals and incorporating them into their own. At the time this was happening, the Holy Roman Church was the Ultimate Power, even over Kingdoms, and were in the habit of burning anyone who did not do what the Church wanted them to do.
All basis if fact, Christianity was forced on the Secular/Pagan world at the point of a Sword, and history reflects this. To me, Christianity acts a lot like the New World Order, their way, or the Highway. I believe the Church, and Christianity are in league with the NWO, the Rich Elite, and the EBONs, Grays, and Reptilians that are our hidden masters, at least until humanity all becomes aware of this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join