It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Has it Aright - It's all Inter-connected! The New Way.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

There is no "literary concepts or artistic renditions" or lessons to be learned or mythology in the Gospels,

It is the God-breathed written testimony of the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ,

I apologize for being passive-aggressive, but this subject is really not up for debate with me anymore,

The time is drawing nearer, and the days of denying Truth or beating around the bush are over,

It's either all Christ, 100% Bible, God is everything, or it's nothing at all, no gods exist period,no spiritual side to life exists period, no supernatural entity has ever existed, period.

There is no in between....

wow, you went from 0 to 60 so fast, it makes the Maxximus G-Force look like a pace car!

Lets 'make a deal'(dont you dare equate this to making a deal with the devil LOL!)... you drop the forcing of a religion down my throat.

And I wont ever address how your dogma has abandoned you, show you how you shall never taste of the fruit.

But before we go that route... let me ask you.

How can you defend the notion, that there is undoubtedly individuals on this earth that have never once even heard the word Jesus? How about countries such as North Korea?

BTW Greg Boyd has an epic answer to this very question... if you'd like to hear another opinion other than your own and mine about the topic, I suggest hearing his take on the subject.

Either way, I'm not going to argue with a person of such devotion to a particular dogma. I tend to steer clear of fanaticism, extremist rhetoric, and closed minded adherence to the previously stated.

Judge me all you want...

"it's not up to debate".... right, please find yourself a new medium in which to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You seem like a good man, I am not trying to judge you fellow son of man.

I am just exhibiting the Spirit and trying to speak with conviction, this is no lie, have you not noticed how many TRUE believers in Christ there are on these forums these days?

Either all the true, diehard Christ fanatics, have really been touched, and really had experiences with God, and really believe the truth and have discovered deep truths of our being.....

Or we are the largest group of highly intelligent individuals who are completely unintelligent and delusional on planet earth,

2 Thessalonians 2

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Amen
edit on 4/17/2012 by Iason321 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So where is the OP in this thread ...he made some claims ?? did a little reasoning ?? and then threw some insults out there .. OP you might want to try G.L.R ...or give it up and go become a politician , I hear they are always looking for those ....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I find it interesting that Krishna, like Jesus had the power to raise the dead.
In one instance, he brings a stillborn baby back to life.

en.wikipedia.org...

Another interesting parallel is that both Jesus and Krishna had peculiar views on death and mourning.

"Let the dead bury their dead"
-Jesus

"The truly wise mourn neither for the living nor for the dead."
-Krishna

Interesting.

edit on 17-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This link here: End the Christ-Krishna myth
should once and for all put to rest anyone mentioning Christ somehow copying Krishna.

Krishna is mythological, Christ is factual, deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I read a few of the sites you pulled up most of your disagreements from.

Virgin birth. The state of these women's maidenhead means nothing! Both state that they were not impregnated by earthly men.

As to Krishna being the eighth incarnation - so what? At least Hinduism teaches that God incarnates not once but multiple times in order to reset the balances of life and the immortal states of our soul. In this, at least there is solace in knowing that mankind is never forgotten.

In Hindu texts angels are referred to differently. Spirits. This is to be expected between different cultures. Two languages, geographical areas and all that. The history isn't going to be the same. What it does show is that God, when it incarnates into a human body, shows remarkable similarities between all the myths.

I am not going to play tag or semantics. If you are interested in any of the Vedic texts you can find them at several places. They are numerous and plenty. If you enjoy reading scripture - it might be fun for you to see how similarly Christ and Krishna's message was.

If our souls remain intact and separate identities in the after-life - I wonder if Krishna and Christ are separate souls or are they just one? Re-entering the world in different times and places.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I don't read sanskrit - so all of my information has come from translated sources. I've been studying Krishna as of late, thus much of my information is from note-taking and reading. The Bhavagad Gita, Harper Collins Dictionary of Religion, The Eastern Mysteries by David Burke are my hard-cover sources in my book shelf.

Online I've been all over! However, the primary sources of the Krishna's birth story come from the Bhagavata Purana. I couldn't direct you to the page, paragraph and such. I'm not Hindu. I'm an outside perspective looking in.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I'm not putting forth this article to discredit or detract from Christianity. I'm not stating that everything I put forward is the unerring truth. Of course they are two different religions. Two different incarnations. I was TRYING to illustrate the similarities as way of a confirmation - that yes - incarnations of the Divine Spirit have happened more than ONCE! There is no special or chosen group of people. There is no right or wrong way - because the destination in the end is the same for everyone. I have no certainty as to what this is. I'm not dead yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Then move on. Your offense is noted. I really don't know what it is you expect me to do about it.

Want a cookie? Lollipop?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Check out the thread I just made regarding this subject,

Deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

should once and for all put to rest anyone mentioning Christ somehow copying Krishna.

Your link is from a christian point of view. I wont take it seriously for the same reason that you wont take a non-christian link seriously.

However, my earlier post is based off hindu and christian scriptures... which can be reviewed by any one.
You, however, seem to be rely on your own special P.O.V. and passing it off as "objective" truth. Why is that?

You basically mean "we're right, you are wrong".

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I gotta be awake in 7 hours, so I don't have time to sit and respond to everything you said, but after scanning through your post, I noticed SEVERAL mistakes -

You said:

Krishna of Dwarka was born of the virgin Devaki, just as Jesus of Nazareth was born of the Virgin Mary.

Incorrect - Krishna was the EIGHT incarnation of the god Vishnu. Obviously, this means his mother was not a virgin. Not only that, but Jesus is the ONLY incarnation of God, where as Krishna would have been the, again, EIGHTH.

Another thing you should keep in mind - Jesus' birth was prophesied thousands of years prior to his birth, in Isaiah 7:14 - or, one could even say since just after the fall of man. In Genesis.

Each of their step-father's were carpenters.

Krishna's step-father was Vasudeva. His occupation is NOT mentioned in any known source. If you have one, please do share. Neither is their any documentation of Angels visiting them at all - however, his birth was celebrated. Don't know how that's meaningful in any way, though.

Both of these King's feared the prophecy of these children's birth and killed children born in their lands in an attempt to murder the divine child when he was only a baby.

Seriously? Kamsa (or Kansa), Devaki's brother, decided to kill all the children (not infants, interestingly) in the region who were rather unusual, not because Krishna was thought to be the promised Messiah as Herod did. Actually, as the story goes, this slaughter was done out of fear for Kamsa's own life, as an oracle prophesied to him before that one of Devaki's nephews wanted to kill him.

I can already tell so many other things are wrong, and plain out mis-information. Krishna was never crucified. Krishna never healed lepers, rose the dead, etc. Krishna was never even Resurrected. All of these myths about Krishna were invented decades ago.

And I'll be sure to respond tomorrow. I apologize for not having sources for my claims.. but, technically speaking, it's the OP who needs to provide the sources. I can't provide sources that say "Krishna never Resurrected", because they themselves would need to provide sources. Go ahead and provide some sources OP.. I'm sure you could. Unless, of course, nothing of the story Krishna ever actually happened.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except by him. All it takes is believing.

God Bless, brothers.

Thank you for the blessing. But you are from my point stuck in duality and a bit of ego but that is ok. Ego has a tendency to come back sometimes even if you lose it. I know by my experiance in life that faith in Jesus is not needed at all. That do not mean I will not be happy if I see Jesus and thank him for what he did. But he is not the only one and not the last one that is evolving this place. It is a group effort and many are working behind the scenes. The only thing I need to strive for is that All will be as ONE. Happy evolution everybody.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

BEWARE!!!

Incomming Christians!

Hope you have your sword & shield handy... You'll need it with this thread

Best have a fire extinguisher close too. Lol

Good luck

Ha! That's good, Akragon! Actually, I am not a bit afraid. I already have the Sword of the Creator, and the Shield of the Creatoress.
The Yahweh followers have no power against me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Krishna doesn't answer prayers nor does he have any powers, he is an inanimate idol

Only Jesus Christ can and will answer prayers.

I wouldn't say that, friend. The Divine Mother has been awfully good to me through the years, providing everything I need, or want, and all I need do is ask for it. You know Her not, so please do not make such wild assumptions here.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There is no "literary concepts or artistic renditions" or lessons to be learned or mythology in the Gospels,

It is the God-breathed written testimony of the Godhood of the Lord Jesus Christ,

I apologize for being passive-aggressive, but this subject is really not up for debate with me anymore,

The time is drawing nearer, and the days of denying Truth or beating around the bush are over,

It's either all Christ, 100% Bible, God is everything, or it's nothing at all, no gods exist period,no spiritual side to life exists period, no supernatural entity has ever existed, period.

There is no in between....

From your point of view then I am answering nothing at all. Your answer is full of duality and that shows me that I will not be able to reach you at this moment. The bible is not 100% true no matter what you say and suggesting it is a sign of pride and ego. I do not know the 100% thruth but so do not you either. The bible was manipulated by Roman poleticians to serve a goal and I do not listen to egoparasitic manipulation. I will not be an antichrist by not making sure the thing I read is filled with holyness (devine egolessness). If it is not then I will not care for the message. I was given a mind by god to think for myself and awaken. When I read the new testament there is extra dimensions to the message that is not 100% apparent if you do not stop and really think what the wording is saying. You need to see beyond the words at the ideas behind them. The same ideas have been more or less the core of all the religons. From Toltec indian, Christian faith to buddism to new age.

Is it not time to let go of your judgement of others and really listen to Jesus. All roads in the end lead to god. He will not reject your soul for a petty reason like a name.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Page info states that website is owned by In Touch Ministries - Dr. Charles Stanley
Charles Frazier Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Atlanta, Georgia, and hosts a radio program, and is the founder of In Touch Ministries, INC. Just because he says it, does not make it true.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, at least no one here has gone the Justin Martyr/Tertullian route and insisted that Satan "plagiarized the Jesus narrative in anticipation". Hell, that's where this debate went to back in the early years of the church. The alignment between Christianty's gospel narrative and the centuries-old myth "shell" that historians refer to as Osiris-Dionysus ended up being such a problem that Satan was actually blamed for constructing a false myth centuries before the arrival of Jesus. Look it up. Obviously there's enough alignment with previous god-man myths for there to have been a serious problem when the Christian religion was being launched.

The following except is from a fairly evenhanded overview of the entire controversy, located at
www.religioustolerance.org...

Satan did it to deceive: Various early church writers, such as Irenaeus (Bishop of Lyons; circa 120 CE to ?) Justin Martyr (Christian apologist; 100 to 165), Tertullian (Christian theologian; circa 160 to 220 +) concluded that the Pagan/Christian similarities were a Satanic attempt at "diabolical mimicry." Satan was said to have use "plagiarism by anticipation." That is, the Devil made a pre-emptive strike against the gospel stories centuries before Jesus was born. The reason was to confuse the public into thinking that Jesus was merely a copy of previous god-men. The goal was to demolish the credibility of Christianity in the people's eyes.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Page info states that website is owned by In Touch Ministries - Dr. Charles Stanley
Charles Frazier Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Atlanta, Georgia, and hosts a radio program, and is the founder of In Touch Ministries, INC. Just because he says it, does not make it true.

In a nutshell,

If a "christian" website says so, its "true".
If a religious text OLDER than christianity claims something that somewhat resembles Jesus, its "false".

Despite the differences, Krishna and Jesus have this in common...

Both are considered as "avatars" of God by 2 entirely different groups of people.

The hindus love Jesus and accept him as an "avatar".
The christians despise Krishna and see him as an agent of satan.

Spot the difference.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Crappy link, full of garbage and disinfo.

The similarities are non existent. Man made fabrications. Lies.

Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

Crappy link, full of garbage and disinfo.

The similarities are non existent. Man made fabrications. Lies.

Nothing more.

The "diabolical mimicry" claim, made by both Justin Martyr and Tertullian, is historical record. That they felt it necessary to offer that defense is also a matter of historical record. Find your own source if you wish, but it's true.

edit on 4/17/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join