It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Planet: Mermaids Hoax or not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

This show was quite interesting, I just watched it myself. It brings a few concerns t mind though...

First off, if Discovery ever got in the business of producing some creepy movies I'd be on board. The suspense and interwoven fact and fiction presented the perfect balance of drama and reality that really made it feel creepy. I liked that.

The biggest thing though is this... I believe people generally view Discovery as a reputable source which brings what I see as a necessary level of responsibility. Showing this and other types of either fake of unsubstantiated claims as fact, or at least in a way that makes it appear to be factual s a type of negligence. Sure, it's well within their right to show this stuff, but it doesn't seem responsible to me. Especially when their official twitter feed makes it seem legit.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Currently watching this show and it might be just me but these guys look like actors, haven't had time to research it out much yet and mainly am posting to sub so I can get back easy when show ends, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Dr Paul Robertson.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The entire show is fiction..but I enjoyed it..

Good for entertainment and nothing more. If you believed it to be fact..then..
at you.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
The entire show is fiction..but I enjoyed it..

Good for entertainment and nothing more. If you believed it to be fact..then..
at you.

Yeah after watching it and seeing all their cgi you would have to be pretty gullible to believe anything they said. The videos they showed as conclusive eyewitness proof were way too obviously computer generated, the acting was subpar and at times laughable and a short Google search proves this to be a show of fiction meant to entertain not educate or inform.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It does say, and I quote:
This two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

Just my two-cents; for what it's worth. ^-^
edit on 28-5-2013 by jjsr420 because: felt like adding something.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjsr420
It does say, and I quote:
This two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

Just my two-cents; for what it's worth. ^-^
edit on 28-5-2013 by jjsr420 because: felt like adding something.

Did it say that on the web describing it or before the show started on TV? I didn't notice it, but I did not catch the initial opening and they never mentioned that fact during, just curious where you saw that. It was obviously fiction with or without the disclaimer anyways, I guess the ultimate problem is what the discovery channel is now versus what it used to be, and people possibly being led to believe silly things like this just cause discovery channel ran it so it must be educational, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

I watched this a while ago. They reran it last week, my husband watched it.

He bought the whole thing. I tried to tell him...He didn't want to hear it!

Although, I don't think it's a silly idea. I find it interesting and (who knows!) maybe even possible
:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The trend airing fake documentaries is unethical.
I notice people younger then me, are taking for granted that everything on Tv is fake now. Even when it is not. So, they dont look at it anymore. I quit the Animal planet after they start airing programs like "mermaids", monsters and what not. I do not know anymore when a documentary is fake, so assume all may be. So i quit it.
No journalistic ethical standards anymore for sure.
This is trhe bar owner who increase his sales by adding water in the beer to sell more. Very quickly mo one came anymore.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to: Tarsan97

All media is a prediction for the future, a retelling of history
and reported truths. Video, movies, radio, print and conversation is real media.

Here is the mermaid - is it one a hidden truth that is out in that video or media?
It is put in the realm of sensibility when one views the picture but one must keep
in mind that the evidence is not presented scientifically. The evidence and
boy may or may not be actual. The documentary indicated agents met with
the boy and his mother and asked him to destroy it. He didn't and the video
still existed. Of course the documentary may have fabricated the interview,
for you to decide.

Regarding Orson Welles' 'F' is for Fake (on u tube) - it is clear people will pay
a hefty price for all the fake stuff they can find if they think it's genuine.

"Mermaid"

edit on 19-9-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join